More Signs of the End Days=Huge Increase of Mockers and Scoffers!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well i must say, with all the mess going on in the world right now, it's great that we still hear of some professional rugby players standing up for God and quoting Bible verses on twitter.
seems to me the genuflecting in the end zone and kissing the sky when a homer is hit is getting a bit out of hand.
But sure, ok, i agree that ppl engaged in analogues of combat attempting to characterize themselves as somehow manifesting Christ is a thing now, yes. Only not a good thing, as might appear on the surface

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
where? this might go some way to making your point, as i see no "time frame" per se

Keep watch and pray, Jesus is coming soon, and these are the things that are happening and to happen, in the lead up to Jesus's return.

Matthew 24:3-51

Signs of the End of the Age

3As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” 4And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. 5For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. 6And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. 7For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are but the beginning of the birth pains.

9“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name’s sake. 10And then many will fall awaya and betray one another and hate one another. 11And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. 12And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. 13But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

The Abomination of Desolation

15“So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), 16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17Let the one who is on the housetop not go down to take what is in his house, 18and let the one who is in the field not turn back to take his cloak. 19And alas for women who are pregnant and for those who are nursing infants in those days! 20Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a Sabbath. 21For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be. 22And if those days had not been cut short, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short. 23Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. 25See, I have told you beforehand. 26So, if they say to you, ‘Look, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out. If they say, ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.27For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.28Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

The Coming of the Son of Man

29“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The Lesson of the Fig Tree

32“From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts out its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 34Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. 35Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

No One Knows That Day and Hour

36“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son,b but the Father only. 37For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 38For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 40Then two men will be in the field; one will be taken and one left. 41Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one left. 42Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. 43But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into. 44Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

45“Who then is the faithful and wise servant,c whom his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time? 46Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. 47Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions. 48But if that wicked servant says to himself, ‘My master is delayed,’49and begins to beat his fellow servantsd and eats and drinks with drunkards, 50the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know 51and will cut him in pieces and put him with the hypocrites. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
where? this might go some way to making your point, as i see no "time frame" per se

Luke 21:10-38

Jesus Foretells Wars and Persecution

10Then he said to them, “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11There will be great earthquakes, and in various places famines and pestilences. And there will be terrors and great signs from heaven.12But before all this they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors for my name’s sake. 13This will be your opportunity to bear witness. 14Settle it therefore in your minds not to meditate beforehand how to answer, 15for I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which none of your adversaries will be able to withstand or contradict. 16You will be delivered up even by parents and brothersc and relatives and friends, and some of you they will put to death. 17You will be hated by all for my name’s sake. 18But not a hair of your head will perish. 19By your endurance you will gain your lives.

Jesus Foretells Destruction of Jerusalem

20“But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation has come near. 21Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, and let those who are inside the city depart, and let not those who are out in the country enter it, 22for these are days of vengeance, to fulfill all that is written. 23Alas for women who are pregnant and for those who are nursing infants in those days! For there will be great distress upon the earth and wrath against this people. 24They will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive among all nations, and Jerusalem will be trampled underfoot by the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

The Coming of the Son of Man

25“And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity because of the roaring of the sea and the waves, 26people fainting with fear and with foreboding of what is coming on the world. For the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

The Lesson of the Fig Tree

29And he told them a parable: “Look at the fig tree, and all the trees. 30As soon as they come out in leaf, you see for yourselves and know that the summer is already near. 31So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that the kingdom of God is near. 32Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all has taken place. 33Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

Watch Yourselves

34“But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap. 35For it will come upon all who dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

37And every day he was teaching in the temple, but at night he went out and lodged on the mount called Olivet. 38And early in the morning all the people came to him in the temple to hear him.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Josho the above two posts have not changed since the days of my grandparents..when was 1890's ...then my dad in early 1900's...it must be nearer than when we first believed...but how near...anyones guess. What I am saying is those scriptures prove nothing new.. I believe it is the knowing in the inner man of the heart...where God speaks ...so..I believe more than ever we need to have our spiritual ears tuned into the Spirit...so we don't miss the quiet "still, small, voice"
Scripture is good....obviously , and needful..but our inner ear is of vital importance , to be open ...as the days get darker.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho the above two posts have not changed since the days of my grandparents..when was 1890's ...then my dad in early 1900's...it must be nearer than when we first believed...but how near...anyones guess. What I am saying is those scriptures prove nothing new.. I believe it is the knowing in the inner man of the heart...where God speaks ...so..I believe more than ever we need to have our spiritual ears tuned into the Spirit...so we don't miss the quiet "still, small, voice"
Scripture is good....obviously , and needful..but our inner ear is of vital importance , to be open ...as the days get darker.

True, we don't know how near, but we know we get nearer each day, as time goes by, to the day of the Lord.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
when Christ will be revealed in someone? yes, anyone's guess. As to looking into tomorrow for Jesus to go or come somewhere, i guess that will never end lol

Okay...so we all know that Jesus has said...”the kingdom is within you”
So, just maybe , when we His Body ever get it together enough....that “the world” can actually look at the people who “say” that they are followers, and actually do live like they/ we are....
THEN and then only , the stage will be set for His return , IN US...and manifest Himself to the world.

It could well be US who are delaying His return...and His Kingdom coming on earth!!
How do you like them apples?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Okay...so we all know that Jesus has said...”the kingdom is within you”
So, just maybe , when we His Body ever get it together enough....that “the world” can actually look at the people who “say” that they are followers, and actually do live like they/ we are....
THEN and then only , the stage will be set for His return , IN US...and manifest Himself to the world.

It could well be US who are delaying His return...and His Kingdom coming on earth!!
How do you like them apples?
yes, i have had a similar thought, that being that it seems Christians fear Armageddon, when it should be the devil fearing it? I don't look for a physical return, "it is finished" should be applied there imo, so i won't comment any further

Reactions: Helen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well then why is the Lord allowing your enemy to have power and influence where Christianity once prevailed. you can condemn the world till the cows come home, but that doesn't change a thing does it?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!!! Some states are far worse than others!! What state is more liberal and God rejecting than California??

And the people in California that I have spoken with, who are godly, hate the stigma
Of California's reputation;

Just as godly married couples should hate the stigma of odd ball unions being called a Marriage.

Seriously couldn't people who stand Against Gods Precepts, find another term for their odd ball union? Find another symbol instead of Gods meaning of His rainbow?

Truth will become lies, Lies will become truth.
And even the Clerics are adopting the Lies for truth, to fill their pews..

How appropriate Pews ~
Piu - pronounced "pee-yew"
Meaning - stink, rot, decay

God Bless,
Taken

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! Billions will be left behind on rapture (catching up day) and millions see that they made a huge mistake and seek God and be granted salvation but they still must try to stay alive as anti-christ will hunt many down and kill them. So why choose to be left behind??

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! Billions will be left behind on rapture (catching up day) and millions see that they made a huge mistake and seek God and be granted salvation but they still must try to stay alive as anti-christ will hunt many down and kill them. So why choose to be left behind??

IMO ~
Many believe, but do not TRUST God.
They remain with their OWN natural self and desires; Not Trusting CHANGE is ONLY effected BY God.

Agree ~ many will have to endure the the first half of the tribulation.
2 Tim 1:18

And the ones who were already given: grace, peace and mercy, he hath saved.
1 Cor 1:3
Tit 3:5

God Bless,
Taken

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PTL We born -again believers are not appointed to wrath.
Luke 21:36 36 Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PTL We born -again believers are not appointed to wrath.
Luke 21:36 36 Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."

My understanding:
The already saved and born again
..pre-trib rapture
Some saved, born again, killed, raised
..First half of trib
Gods Wrath, destruction
..Last half of trib

God Bless,
Taken

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 22:36-38 36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: "'Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment.

Reactions: Taken