More stupid thinking from that guy you love so much, Domenic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
This faith message was posted by a Catholic on this forum.

Faith
I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that He was crucified on my behalf, that He bore my sins on the cross and that He rose on the 3rd day and is in Heaven. He is my personal Savior and will return one day for those who are His.
I believe the Bible as the Word of God

The same person posted this;

BTW? Jesus is not a God ... He IS God. The JW's have their own translation of the Bible which is out of gramatic agreement with event he worst translation apart from them.

Note, this person says Jesus is the SON of God in one post, and GOD in the other post?
Now I have never made the claim of being smart, I only have an IQ of 215. But I can read, and do have an understanding of most words. I’m going to assume a part of my brain shut down, and the person who made the claim that, Jesus is God, and that, Jesus is also the Son of God. @#? Assume their both. My little simple mind always ask questions when trying to understand something. Here is the question that floated to the top of my brain;

“Why does god have this disorder where he has to be two people at the same time, and one of them talks like the other is somebody different?
Here are some things one has said to, or about his other self, who is also himself.

“Do not pray to me, but to the father through me.”
“The father is greater than I.”
“Father, why have you forsaken me.”
“I go to my father.”
Any many more.

We humans call this bipolar.

Here are some symptoms.
Grandiosity—inflated sense of importance.
Talking more than usual
Irritability or hostility.
Decreased need for sleep
Agitation and irritability

My little brain has to come to one, of two conclusions. Either God is a sick puppy, with to much power, or those who say the Son and the Father are the same person, should run to the nearest psychiatrist. I’m thinking the latter is closer to the truth.
And yes, I did learn this from the JW cult. They may be a cult, but their not stupid, nor are they nasty to people who do not believe as they do..

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
domenic said:

Faith
I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that He was crucified on my behalf, that He bore my sins on the cross and that He rose on the 3rd day and is in Heaven. He is my personal Savior and will return one day for those who are His.

BTW? Jesus is not a God ... He IS God. The JW's have their own translation of the Bible which is out of gramatic agreement with event he worst translation apart from them.

Note, this person says Jesus is the SON of God in one post, and GOD in the other post?
Now I have never made the claim of being smart, I only have an IQ of 215. But I can read, and do have an understanding of most words. I’m going to assume a part of my brain shut down, and the person who made the claim that, Jesus is God, and that, Jesus is also the Son of God. @#? Assume their both. My little simple mind always ask questions when trying to understand something. Here is the question that floated to the top of my brain;

“Why does god have this disorder where he has to be two people at the same time, and one of them talks like the other is somebody different?
Here are some things one has said to, or about his other self, who is also himself.

“I go to my father.”
Any many more.

Here are some symptoms.
Talking more than usual
Decreased need for sleep

My little brain has to come to one, of two conclusions. Either God is a sick puppy, with to much power, or those who say the Son and the Father are the same person, should run to the nearest psychiatrist. I’m thinking the latter is closer to the truth.
And yes, I did learn this from the JW cult. They may be a cult, but their not stupid, nor are they nasty to people who do not believe as they do..

They are three Persons in One unity. The Father is not the Son...but the Son is the image of the Father.

Levi

May 30, 2013
Polt said:
If you really do have an IQ of 215, you must be using senary notation. That translates to an IQ of 83 decimal. That use to be considered mentally retarded, not smart. But, there are countries in Africa where you would have an above average IQ.
Besides the fact, IQ has nothing to do with the Kingdom of God, it is only a man's measure of something that man himself has prioritized.

Learning God's Truth doesn't require a high IQ, what is required is at least one person of the Godhead, namely the Holy Spirit to lead us into that Truth.

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Levi said:
Besides the fact, IQ has nothing to do with the Kingdom of God, it is only a man's measure of something that man himself has prioritized.

Learning God's Truth doesn't require a high IQ, what is required is at least one person of the Godhead, namely the Holy Spirit to lead us into that Truth.

It takes a certain naivety and even foolishness to be able to trust as a child..believing with all one's heart.

Reactions: faithfulness

Levi

May 30, 2013
Episkopos said:
It takes a certain naivety and even foolishness to be able to trust as a child..believing with all one's heart.
True 'dat.

It also takes one person of the Trinity. ;)

Reactions: Angelina

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you always say this about someone's son?

Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?" - John 14:9 NIV

If you look at my son, you might say he looks like me, as some have. However, no one has ever made the comment that if you have seen my son, you see me. In fact, you could say that my son was created in my image by saying he and I share certain traits (we both have prominent dimples, for example), but you're not going to say you know what I look like by looking at my son.

In fact, we were told in the Bible whom was created in whose image.

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” - Genesis 1:26 NIV

We were created in His, plural, image.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
domenic said:

Faith

“I go to my father.”
Any many more.

Here are some symptoms.
Talking more than usual
Decreased need for sleep

Can I ask you Do you believe that God needs help in creating life? Of course not, The Truth of the Word says that God SPOKE and it WAS... Who is the Word of God? Isn't it Jesus? The Christ? who proceedeth from the Father? Do you believe that you can tell the character of a man by hearing his word? Aren't they usually the same in thought and deed?

Jesus is the LIVING WORD of God whom the Father created all things by and with and THROUGH, being ON/AT the right hand of God for God's hand is HIS WORD. The worlds were framed by the Word of God. Jesus is not the Father, nor the Holy Spirit YET they are all God. God is all things being male and female in ATTRIBUTES not of the physical nature as we understand. God is a family He is Father, Son/Word and the Holy Spirit the Dove which is the female attributes side of God.
Adam was made in the image of God, by himself but God took the female attributes out of Adam to make a partner for him but they were still considered one flesh yet complete opposites which when they come together create One man have all aspects of God. Being husband and wife that produces children(sons) just as God is Father, Son/Word and Holy Ghost/Wisdom(Mother/She) The Spirit teaches the children of God raising us up in THE FATHER'S WORD/Son. You must have all three in order to be a child of God for you can not learn of God's Word without the Spirit of God living in you guiding you.... to replace the unclean spirit of our flesh listening to the devil who wants to keep you being led and guided by his word and unclean spirit doing his bidding and living a life being captive to sin being destroyed. For carnal man cannot receive the things of God's Spirit of Truth for they are contrary to the flesh. We can not say that Jesus is Lord.. meaning to actually follow the Word of God, without the Spirit of God for the devils spirit is not going to guide you in righteousness ONLY, but in doing good & evil.

Sammy

Jun 5, 2013
Hahaha, I like this guy! He does well in harnessing his thoughts and getting them down! People that believe Jesus and the Father are the same being have fallen prey to the 3rd and 4th Century doctrine of the trinity. The word trinity nor the doctrine are found anywhere in the sacred writings. It is completely made up and unfortunately many churches have this concept as a base doctrine. I see a lot of people ragging on Catholics a lot in here, but as they bash the Catholics they don't realize they are really bashing themselves because the have taken and adopted the same basic foundation that the Catholic church laid in error.

You are right my friend, Jesus is a god, the Father is a god, the holy ghost is a god.

Ye shall be as the gods...
Man has become as one of US!

Someone posted "We were created in His, plural, image."

Sorry, but you cant just add the word plural in there by yourself and change the whole meaning of the godhead.

Niki

May 28, 2013

Hmmm...I will definitely take ownership of the above posted in my profile for which someone obviously went to no little trouble to obtain.

Having gone to that amount of trouble however, gathering of factual data seems to have come to a dead stop.

I'm not Catholic . Everyone who disagrees with your disagreeable posts is Catholic?

Sarcasm still seems to be your forte however. That takes little effort as most of us are born into it and in some cases it amounts to less then desirable, especially
when one espouses to the Christian faith. No little lack of love I'm sure.

Interesting how you decided to start a brand new thread on my post in your other thread.

You are right my friend, Jesus is a god, the Father is a god, the holy ghost is a god.
I believe he may be your friend. The 'a' god of JW teaching is apparent. That, is a cult and not Christianity.

Do you really think that agreement with one biblically challenged individual by another biblically challenged individual proves truth?

Error begets error. As we see aptly demonstrated concurrently here and in the other arguments against biblical Christianity. It appears some
believe that God has hidden the truth for low these many centuries and has gone to the trouble to deliver it to only a few individuals who walk among us.

And they, unfortunately, deliver this same truth with biting sarcasm and inverted logic. Ah me....what shall the rest of us do.......

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
domenic said:

Faith

“I go to my father.”
Any many more.

Here are some symptoms.
Talking more than usual
Decreased need for sleep

There are three persons in one God. This means that the Father is God, Jesus is God, and the Holy Spirit is God. These three are one God of the same substance, but they are also distinct from each other. Jesus has both a human and divine nature. The Father only has a divine nature. Therefore, when Jesus said "the Father is greater than I" it was His human nature that says it. The divine nature of Christ is the one who says, "The Father and I are one" "He who has seen me has also seen the Father," and "Before Abraham, I AM."

The Old Testament books prophesized that the Son to be born is God. How this happens is something humans cannot understand. Humans assume that God must follow human logic, but God who can do all things can defy human logic and understanding.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus was teh first born of many, many of us will become the expresss image of God just as Jesus is, but yet stil we will not be God, that is our Fathers earnest desire for His Sons.

In all His Love

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
According to the Apostle Paul, Jesus is the one Lord through whom all things were made and are kept together:

but if anyone loves God, he is known by Him. Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that there is no such thing as an idol in the world, and that there is no God but one. For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ (heis kyrios ‘Iesous Christos), by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.” 1 Corinthians 8:4-6

Paul brings out Jesus’ role as Agent of creation more clearly in Colossians:

“He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and FOR Him. He IS before all things, and in Him all things hold together.” Colossians 1:15-17

It is abundantly clear from the foregoing that the blessed Apostle has taken Deuteronomy 6:4 and reformulated it in order to identify Jesus as the one Lord that is confessed in the Shema.
This is made apparent from the fact that Paul has expressly attributed the very words of the Greek text of Deuteronomy 6:4, i.e. heis kyrios, to Jesus.

It isn't stupid thinking, just false thinking/