Moses and the promised land

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

slipstream

Feb 12, 2008
I don't quite understand what moses did wrong so that he was not able to enter the promised land.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
I really would love to answer this,but I do not have my bible I have some great verses for this,and when I get home in 1 hour or so I will right you then!

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
I will let Dukester give you verses but Moses was what we say in the South as Hard Headed. He basically defied G-d at every turn and for that he was denied entrance into the promise land. Thats the jist of it I will leave the fancy scripture quoting for the others.

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
Moses struck the ROCK, twice.Exo 17:4 And Moses cried unto the LORD, saying, What shall I do unto this people? they be almost ready to stone me. Exo 17:5 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go on before the people, and take with thee of the elders of Israel; and thy rod, wherewith thou smotest the river, take in thine hand, and go. Exo 17:6 Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel. Num 20:9 And Moses took the rod from before the LORD, as he commanded him. Num 20:10 And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock? Num 20:11 And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also.

slipstream

Feb 12, 2008
I think I am missing something here sorry.If God told moses to strike the rock why was he punished.

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
(slipstream;38154)
I think I am missing something here sorry.If God told moses to strike the rock why was he punished.
The Rock which accompanied Israel was a type of Christ Who brings forth living waters. Moses was told to do it once, not twice. This is a much deeper study but I pray this will suffice and maybe you will study it for yourself.

slipstream

Feb 12, 2008
Thanks Wayne,I have only just Read it. Its probably why the bible is meant to be read all the time. If something doesn't sink in the first time, hopefully it will the next time.Thank you.

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
(slipstream;38175)
Thanks Wayne,I have only just Read it. Its probably why the bible is meant to be read all the time. If something doesn't sink in the first time, hopefully it will the next time.Thank you.
You are welcome slipstream. I would have to study for hours to give you a complete answer, but this came to my mind.1Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 1Co 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 1Co 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 1Co 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. Jacob called the Rock "Bethel", house of God, and also "The Shepherd of Israel".