Most accurate modern translation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? A quick google search showed ESV leaves parts of out and its missing, which I was surprised about

There are translations that will not include obvious additions to the texts. The NASB will but these scriptures in brackets and note that they were not in the older texts.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 18:11 is missing from all translations, except NKJB and KJB. Its weird too, because you'll read Matthew verse 10 and then it skips to verse 12. It seems to me that they should include it just to have a verse 11.

Reactions: rebuilder 454

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have MANY English Bible translations. I love comparing them. They are amazingly consistent with major Bible doctrines like the Deity of Jesus and EVERLASTING Hell fire. Many supposed contradictions are simply different ways of saying the same thing.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have MANY English Bible translations. I love comparing them. They are amazingly consistent with major Bible doctrines like the Deity of Jesus and EVERLASTING Hell fire. Many supposed contradictions are simply different ways of saying the same thing.
More prof that the modern translations are corrupted since there's no everlasting hell or deity of Jesus.

Reactions: APAK

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More prof that the modern translations are corrupted since there's no everlasting hell or deity of Jesus.
What are your qualifications for declaring our English Bibles are EXTREMELY wrong?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are your qualifications for declaring our English Bibles are EXTREMELY wrong?
I can read English and never found a verse that says there's an everlasting hell or that Jesus is God. There is not one verse that says Jesus is God the Son. Nor has there ever been a teaching on it anywhere in the Bible. The Jews never saw it anywhere in the entire Old Testament nor anyone in the New Testament ever taught it. The Catholics who invented this nonsense have used only about 8 verses that they have to piece together from statements that are scattered all over the New Testament. One should think if such nonsense was true and important that it would have been taught by someone. And it is not. Only in the minds of Catholics who cannot explain it.

Reactions: APAK

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can read English and never found a verse that says there's an everlasting hell or that Jesus is God. There is not one verse that says Jesus is God the Son. Nor has there ever been a teaching on it anywhere in the Bible. The Jews never saw it anywhere in the entire Old Testament nor anyone in the New Testament ever taught it. The Catholics who invented this nonsense have used only about 8 verses that they have to piece together from statements that are scattered all over the New Testament. One should think if such nonsense was true and important that it would have been taught by someone. And it is not. Only in the minds of Catholics who cannot explain it.
Is there any English Bible you believe?

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you say it right the bible does.

John 20:30-31 - And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can read English and never found a verse that says there's an everlasting hell or that Jesus is God.
That sounds quite JWish.
There is not one verse that says Jesus is God the Son. Nor has there ever been a teaching on it anywhere in the Bible. The Jews never saw it anywhere in the entire Old Testament nor anyone in the New Testament ever taught it. The Catholics who invented this nonsense have used only about 8 verses that they have to piece together from statements that are scattered all over the New Testament. One should think if such nonsense was true and important that it would have been taught by someone. And it is not. Only in the minds of Catholics who cannot explain it.
Col 1 By Jesus all things were created.

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can understand KJV perfectly fine, and I'm happy having my KJV for reading, studying, highlighting etc but yeah I wanted a modern one for an easy read sometimes, not in place of, but just for fun, and the NASB seemed the best to go with so I went with that, but KJV will always be the main one.
There is The Remedy Bible. The app is free online.

Reactions: jessicaleks93

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 18:11 is missing from all translations, except NKJB and KJB. Its weird too, because you'll read Matthew verse 10 and then it skips to verse 12. It seems to me that they should include it just to have a verse 11.

Matthew 18:11 was not deleted or removed….it was not there to begin with. The newer translations try to be truer to the Word of God, rather than the words of men. LOL words of men....cannot blame this one on the women, guys.

The whole of Chapter 18 is in the NASB but noted that 18:11 is not in the older manuscripts. This is something that the KJV and others did, kind of like playing the amplified Bible thing where they would insert scriptures from other parts of the Gospels, maybe thinking it added clarity to the scripture at hand.

Matthew 18:11
It is not found in any manuscript before the 5th century. According to Bruce Metzger, "There can be little doubt that the words [...] are spurious here, and were not written by the earliest witnesses representing several textual types... [This verse was] manifestly borrowed by copyists from Luke 19:10."

In this case, of Matthew 18:11 the verse is entirely absent from the earliest manuscripts in several manuscript families. The manuscripts where it is present are of the Western text type (Codex Bezae, Codex Washingtonianus, it is also present in the margin of Codex Regius). In general, the scribes who copied the western type showed a greater willingness to improve or expand upon the texts by adding words, phrases, expositions, etc. Here it seems rather clear that they copied from Luke 19:10.

Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That sounds quite JWish.

Col 1 By Jesus all things were created.
See I told you I could read. The all things are not planets and stars. They are thrones, dominions, principalities and powers. Things that Christ will need to govern the body of Christ when he returns.

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See I told you I could read. The all things are not planets and stars. They are thrones, dominions, principalities and powers. Things that Christ will need to govern the body of Christ when he returns.

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
All things doesn't mean all things?

Status
Not open for further replies.