Most important daily prayer!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The most important daily prayer!

“The morning offering”!

Have a pure intention!

To accept and suffer all things according to the will of God!
Matt 16:24 Phil 1:29

If you have something to suffer say:

My Jesus it is for love of Thee!

Or My Jesus who suffered so much for love of me, this I suffer for love of Thee!

Traditional morning offering!

O My God; in union with the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you Thee the precious blood of Jesus, joining with my every thought word and deed, (my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings) for the salvation of souls, in reparation for sin, I offer them together with myself to the glory of Thy name!

Then say the Lord’s Prayer!
And psalm 23!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the Shema? Do you ever pray / recite it?

Prayers and Blessings of Messianic Judaism | Jewish Voice

deut. 6:5?

no cos the old covenant pointed to and is fulfilled in Christ, so to practice them would be to deny that Christ has come in the flesh!

christians are forbidden to keep Jewish feasts etc. since the preaching of the gospel and the new covenant!

the new covenant replaced the old mosaic covenant!

Christ replaced David as king!

the church replaced Israel!

hope this is not offensive to you personally

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

no cos the old covenant pointed to and is fulfilled in Christ, so to practice them would be to deny that Christ has come in the flesh!

christians are forbidden to keep Jewish feasts etc. since the preaching of the gospel and the new covenant!

Hi Theefaith,
Where do you find that Christians are "forbidden" to keep Jewish feasts?? I have been to a Seder and a Bar mitzva. The Seder was held in our Christian church and it was awesome to see how they did things and why.

Reactions: amadeus

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Theefaith,
Where do you find that Christians are "forbidden" to keep Jewish feasts?? I have been to a Seder and a Bar mitzva. The Seder was held in our Christian church and it was awesome to see how they did things and why.

its ok I would say for historical purposes but they pointed to Christ and to agree with them in practice is to hope for the coming messiah and to deny he came in the flesh 2000 yrs ago!

1. 1 John 4:2
    Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

2. 1 John 4:3
    And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the fleshis not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

3. 2 John 1:7
    For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Reactions: Matthias

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its ok I would say for historical purposes but they pointed to Christ and to agree with them in practice is to hope for the coming messiah and to deny he came in the flesh 2000 yrs ago!

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the fleshis not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
Aren't we STILL waiting on Him...again? I love the OT for the very reason that Christ is threaded throughout, beginning in the Genesis first genealogy. They looked forward in faith, for their Messiah, we look back to His first visit and also look forward to His second coming. The OT is a beautiful and violent collections of books...and yes, love the history of it all.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Thanks. I’m not offended. Your practice simply doesn’t include reciting the Shema. The Shema isn’t a trinitarian creed.

It was Jesus’ practice, it was his creed, and it was central to his faith in the one God. Mine too.

Reactions: Nancy

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.” (Matthew 6:9-13)

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.” (Matthew 6:9-13)

The teacher of this prayer is a Jew. It is a model prayer to his God and the God of his followers.

The prayer opens and closes with no mention of the Trinity. It is directed only to the Messiah’s God, not to the Triune God.

The most important prayer, then, is unitarian in nature.

I think that’s entirely in keeping with the Jewish concept, the Messiah’s concept, of the one God.

This, I would offer, is the Christian concept of God prior to the gradual transition to trinitary monotheism documented in church history.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren't we STILL waiting on Him...again? I love the OT for the very reason that Christ is threaded throughout, beginning in the Genesis first genealogy. They looked forward in faith, for their Messiah, we look back to His first visit and also look forward to His second coming. The OT is a beautiful and violent collections of books...and yes, love the history of it all.

there is a massive difference between expecting his first and second coming!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. I’m not offended. Your practice simply doesn’t include reciting the Shema. The Shema isn’t a trinitarian creed.

It was Jesus’ practice, it was his creed, and it was central to his faith in the one God. Mine too.

If it’s Deut. 6:3 Hear therefore, O Israel, and observe to do it; that it may be well with thee, and that ye may increase mightily, as the Lord God of thy fathers hath promised thee, in the land that floweth with milk and honey.

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

i definitely believe it!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If it’s Deut. 6:3 Hear therefore, O Israel, and observe to do it; that it may be well with thee, and that ye may increase mightily, as the Lord God of thy fathers hath promised thee, in the land that floweth with milk and honey.

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

i definitely believe it!

Jesus himself definitely believed it!

The Lord God who is one Lord is his God. Jesus loved - and loves - his God with all his heart, with all his soul and with all his might.

There is no other God besides his God for him to love. There is no other God besides his God and my God for he and I to love.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The teacher of this prayer is a Jew.

In Christ Jesus there is neither Jew nor Gentile (Colossians 3:11). Much less in the Saviour Himself. I wouldn’t focus on earthly things; focus on the spiritual would be my advice.

It is directed only to the Messiah’s God, not to the Triune God

No scripture teaches any of this.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“I ascend to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.” - Jesus of Nazareth

The Father. That’s the God we love. That’s the only God we love. There is no other God.

The Father. That’s the God we pray to. That’s the only God we pray to. There is no other God to pray to.

I’m speaking for Jewish monotheists, not for trinitarian or binitarian monotheists.

Reactions: APAK

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
In Christ Jesus there is neither Jew nor Gentile (Colossians 3:11).

The verse pairs well with Romans 10:12, 1 Corinthians 12:13 and Galatians 3:28.

Much less in the Saviour Himself.

It’s an indisputable fact that Jesus is a Jew.

I wouldn’t focus on earthly things; focus on the spiritual would be my advice.

That’s sound advice.

No scripture teaches any of this.

“Our Father” … “Amen.”

His prayer teaches it. He teaches it.

“Our Father” isn’t the Triune God.

“Our Father” is his God and my God; our God.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The verse pairs well with Romans 10:12, 1 Corinthians 12:13 and Galatians 3:28.

It’s an indisputable fact that Jesus is a Jew.

That’s sound advice.

“Our Father” … “Amen.”

His prayer teaches it. He teaches it.

“Our Father” isn’t the Triune God.

“Our Father” is his God and my God; our God.
God in Three Persons is strongly in Scripture.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The most important daily prayer!

“The morning offering”!

Have a pure intention!

To accept and suffer all things according to the will of God!
Matt 16:24 Phil 1:29

If you have something to suffer say:

My Jesus it is for love of Thee!

Or My Jesus who suffered so much for love of me, this I suffer for love of Thee!

Traditional morning offering!

O My God; in union with the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you Thee the precious blood of Jesus, joining with my every thought word and deed, (my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings) for the salvation of souls, in reparation for sin, I offer them together with myself to the glory of Thy name!

Then say the Lord’s Prayer!
And psalm 23!

How important is daily prayer to your God to you? I would think that’s it’s vitally important to you.

How important was daily prayer to his God to Jesus? It was vitally important to him.

How important is daily prayer to my God, the God of Jesus, to me? It’s vitally important to me.

Your God is the Trinity.

His God and my God is the Father alone.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm sorry brother but, I cannot quite connect these verses with being forbidden to celebrate Jewish festivals. It's not for salvation, and takes NOTHING away from Christ Himself, He himself went to Passover and such as well as His own disciples, even AFTER His ascension! @theefaith

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How important is daily prayer to your God to you? I would think that’s it’s vitally important to you.

How important was daily prayer to his God to Jesus? It was vitally important to him.

How important is daily prayer to my God, the God of Jesus, to me? It’s vitally important to me.

Your God is the Trinity.

His God and my God is the Father alone.

Is that concept really biblical?

God is savior / redeemer!

Isa 48:17 Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

Psalm 78:35
And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.

Lk 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Jesus is savior / redeemer!

Lk 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Ephesians 1:7
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Romans 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Only God existed before the creation. Gen 1:1 Jn 1:1

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Reactions: Matthias