Most important daily prayer!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Pray without ceasing." I Thess 5:17

Jesus taught the manner of prayer. Address Him. Glorify Him, acknowledge/Thank/Ask/Petition/help/advice/conversation.

Matt 6:
[9] After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
[10] Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
[11] Give us this day our daily bread.
[12] And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
[13] And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

I like the pray without ceasing, any time, any place, having a conversation with the Lord, humm, I’m stuck Lord; Oh Thank you Lord;
We needed the rain, Thank you Lord; The Sky is so Beautiful, patiently waiting in wonderment; more personal; etc. etc. etc.
That is how I see His intent...NOT, repeat, repeat, repeat...AS IF the Lord is Deaf, Forgetful.

Matt 6:
[7] But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Seems “the repetitions”, can and does become “vain”, when taught a must, oops forgot, reminded “must” ...then....spoken so fast it would put an auctioneer to shame.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: amadeus

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Is that concept really biblical?

God is savior / redeemer!

Isa 48:17 Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

Psalm 78:35
And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.

Lk 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Jesus is savior / redeemer!

Lk 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Ephesians 1:7
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Romans 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Only God existed before the creation. Gen 1:1 Jn 1:1

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

That’s the right question to ask.

Yes, that concept is really biblical. What that concept really isn’t is binitarian or trinitarian.

Jesus is the control for me and should be the control for Christianity. All scripture - including but not limited to the scripture contained in your post - must support his concept.

Have I asked you not to pray to your deity?

Will you ask me not to pray to my God and Jesus’ God?

Would you pray to any deity besides your own? I don’t think so.

Would I pray to any God besides my own? No.

Would you ask the Jews to stop praying to their God? I wouldn’t.

Reactions: amadeus

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry brother but, I cannot quite connect these verses with being forbidden to celebrate Jewish festivals. It's not for salvation, and takes NOTHING away from Christ Himself, He himself went to Passover and such as well as His own disciples, even AFTER His ascension!

the new covenant replaced the old

so you if you get circumcised or keep the sabbath, or feasts etc you have fallen from grace!

Gal 5:4

here is the churches teaching maybe it will
Help.

Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence, Cantate Domino, 1441: “The Holy Roman Church firmly believes, professes and teaches that the matter pertaining to the law of the Old Testament, of the Mosaic Law, which are divided into ceremonies, sacred rites, sacrifices, and sacraments, because they were established to signify something in the future, although they were suited to divine worship at that time, after our Lord’s coming had been signified by them, ceased, and the sacraments of the New Testament began; and that whoever, even after the passion, placed hope in these matters of the law and submitted himself to them as necessary for salvation, as if faith in Christ could not save without them, sinned mortally. Yet it does not deny that after the passion of Christ up to the promulgation of the Gospel they could have been observed until they were believed to be in no way necessary for salvation; but after the promulgation of the Gospel it asserts that they cannot be observed without the loss of eternal salvation. All, therefore, who after that time (the promulgation of the Gospel) observe circumcision and the Sabbath and the other requirements of the law, it declares alien to the Christian faith and not in the least fit to participate in eternal salvation, unless someday they recover from these errors.”

Pope Benedict XIV in Ex Quo:

"The first consideration is that the ceremonies of the Mosaic Law *were abrogated* by the coming of Christ and that they can no longer be observed without sin after the promulgation of the Gospel. "

Pope Pius XII in Mystici Corporis:

"29. And first of all, by the death of our Redeemer, the New Testament took the place of the Old Law which had been abolished; then the Law of Christ together with its mysteries, enactments, institutions, and sacred rites was ratified for the whole world in the blood of Jesus Christ. For, while our Divine Savior was preaching in a restricted area - He was not sent but to the sheep that were lost of the House of Israel [30] - the Law and the Gospel were together in force; [31] but on the gibbet of His death Jesus made void the Law with its decrees [32] fastened the handwriting of the Old Testament to the Cross, [33] establishing the New Testament in His blood shed for the whole human race.[34] "To such an extent, then," says St. Leo the Great, speaking of the Cross of our Lord, "*was there effected a transfer from the Law to the Gospel, from the Synagogue to the Church, from the many sacrifices to one Victim, that, as Our Lord expired, that mystical veil which shut off the innermost part of the temple and its sacred secret was rent violently from top to bottom.*" [35]

30. *On the Cross then the Old Law died, soon to be buried and to be a bearer of death*, [36] in order to give way to the New Testament of which Christ had chosen the Apostles as qualified ministers; [37] and although He had been constituted the Head of the whole human family in the womb of the Blessed Virgin, it is by the power of the Cross that our Savior exercises fully the office itself of Head of His Church. "

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Would Jesus have prayed to a deity which wasn’t his God?

I don’t think the question ever crossed his mind. Such a thing, I suggest, would have been unthinkable to him.

The only deities besides his God were the idols of the nations.

Jesus offering prayer to an idol? Preposterous.

He offered his prayers to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - his Father and their Father, his God and their God.

He instructed his followers to offer their prayers to the same God whom he offered his and gave them a model, or a template, of what that would look like.

Reactions: Nancy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s the right question to ask.

Yes, that concept is really biblical. What that concept really isn’t is binitarian or trinitarian.

Jesus is the control for me and should be the control for Christianity. All scripture - including but not limited to the scripture contained in your post - must support his concept.

Have I asked you not to pray to your deity?

Will you ask me not to pray to my God and Jesus’ God?

Would you pray to any deity besides your own? I don’t think so.

Would I pray to any God besides my own? No.

Would you ask the Jews to stop praying to their God? I wouldn’t.

I would ask them to accept Christ and become Christians!

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I would ask them to accept Christ and become Christians!

That’s the ticket! That’s precisely what the earliest Christians - who were themselves Jews who believed that a particular fellow Jew is the Messiah promised by their God - did.

The issue in scripture is this: Is Jesus of Nazareth the Messiah promised by his God and their God or is he not?

The majority of them, then and now, have decided that he is not.

This thread is about prayer. The Jews prayed, and still do, to the Messiah’s God.

I think they’re in trouble. Pray to the God whose promised Messiah you’ve rejected? He can’t be pleased with that. The time of Jacob’s trouble will be his response.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s the ticket! That’s precisely what the earliest Christians - who were themselves Jews who believed that a particular fellow Jew is the Messiah promised by their God - did.

The issue in scripture is this: Is Jesus of Nazareth the Messiah promised by his God and their God or is he not?

The majority of them, then and now, have decided that he is not.

do they still expect him?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
do they still expect him?

They aren’t expecting Jesus of Nazareth to return.

They (mistakenly) believe Jesus of Nazareth is still dead, that he wasn’t resurrected to life, that he isn’t the Messiah.

They’re looking for another, and they’re going to fall for an imposter before finally turning to Jesus of Nazareth.

I should have added or made clear that I’m speaking corporately, there are exceptions. Some Jews (few) have and will turn to and accept Jesus of Nazareth as the promised Messiah before he returns.

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What to do with unbelievers, whether they be Jew or gentile?

Acts 8:12 answers that question for me. Do what Philip (who wasn’t a loose cannon or lone wolf) did.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Most important daily prayer!

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.” (Matthew 6:9-13)

2. And do not pray as the hypocrites, but as the Lord commanded in his Gospel, pray thus: "Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy Name, thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, as in Heaven so also upon earth; give us today our daily bread, and forgive us our debt as we forgive our debtors, and lead us not into trial, but deliver us from the Evil One, for thine is the power and the glory for ever."
3. Pray thus three times a day.

~The Didache~

Pax et Bonum

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They aren’t expecting Jesus of Nazareth to return.

They (mistakenly) believe Jesus of Nazareth is still dead, that he wasn’t resurrected to life, that he isn’t the Messiah.

They’re looking for another, and they’re going to fall for an imposter before finally turning to Jesus of Nazareth.

I should have added or made clear that I’m speaking corporately, there are exceptions. Some Jews (few) have and will turn to and accept Jesus of Nazareth as the promised Messiah before he returns.

I see

yes but as a group do they accept the anti-Christ?

John 5:43
I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

I have always wondered why they still expect the messiah? Are they ignorant of their own prophets?
Referring to
Daniel’s prophecy of 70 weeks of years or 490 years from the rebuilding of the temple till the messiah appears and is cut off.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I see

yes but as a group do they accept the anti-Christ?

John 5:43
I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

I have always wondered why they still expect the messiah? Are they ignorant of their own prophets?
Referring to
Daniel’s prophecy of 70 weeks of years or 490 years from the rebuilding of the temple till the messiah appears and is cut off.

As a group, they will accept the anti-Christ, for a while.

I wouldn’t say they are ignorant of their prophets. Interpretation of the prophets is diverse.

Most of the Jews I’ve interacted with were focused on the five Books of Moses and not very interested in discussing the prophets. Those who have spoken with me about the prophets reject out of hand any possibility that Jesus is the Messiah. Some of them have said the Messiah is Israel, some have suggested one of their rabbis, others a man yet to be born. Some have said they are looking for two human Messiah’s to appear some day. One asked me why I was interested in “dry history”.

I don’t know what your experience with the Jews has been like but mine has ranged from no interest, to indifference, to mild curiosity, to suspicion and even to outright hostility - sometimes even within a single synagogue. I’ve received a better reception in the more liberal branches of Judaism.

Jesus is persona non grata in the synagogues. They’ve all made that clear up front.

The exception are the Messianic congregations (some of which are trinitarian, others non-trinitarian - with more being trinitarian than non-trinitarian.)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a group, they will accept the anti-Christ, for a while.

I wouldn’t say they are ignorant of their prophets. Interpretation of the prophets is diverse.

Most of the Jews I’ve interacted with were focused on the five Books of Moses and not very interested in discussing the prophets. Those who have spoken with me about the prophets reject out of hand any possibility that Jesus is the Messiah. Some of them have said the Messiah is Israel, some have suggested one of their rabbis, others a man yet to be born. Some have said they are looking for two human Messiah’s to appear some day. One asked me why I was interested in “dry history”.

I don’t know what your experience with the Jews has been like but mine has ranged from no interest, to indifference, to mild curiosity, to suspicion and even to outright hostility - sometimes even within a single synagogue. I’ve received a better reception in the more liberal branches of Judaism.

Jesus is persona non grata in the synagogues. They’ve all made that clear up front.

The exception are the Messianic congregations (some of which are trinitarian, others non-trinitarian - with more being trinitarian than non-trinitarian.)

I’ve also wondered how they claim to have a God religion but have no word from their God for over 2000 years???

I don’t believe it’s a real religion

God founded a covenant with a temple
Ark
Priesthood
Passover sacrifice etc.

Their just a gathering of men who cover their face and read the Torah
Just a Bible study as far as I know

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Thee,
One of our own on here, @Ben Abraham is a Messianic Jewish man. He is a Christian as well as his wife. He's a Rabbi and has sent me (upon my approval) a book that he wrote. I have only read very little so far, but can't wait to really dig into it. I bet he could definitely clear up some things...? JMO bro.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Thee,
One of our own on here, @Ben Abraham is a Messianic Jewish man. He is a Christian as well as his wife. He's a Rabbi and has sent me (upon my approval) a book that he wrote. I have only read very little so far, but can't wait to really dig into it. I bet he could definitely clear up some things...? JMO bro.

it’s all good!

mark btw

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My first question is how can one be both a Jew and a Christian?

how can you be in or practice two covenants?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s an indisputable fact that Jesus is a Jew.

Jesus is the Christ
John 20:31
1 John 5:1

Jesus is the Lord
1 Corinthians 12:3

Jesus is the Son of God
1 John 4:15
1 John 5:5

But guess what…

We are Jews inwardly!

“For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.” (Romans 2:28-29)

And a Jew outwardly can be this inwardly:

“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.” (Matthew 7:15)

And Jesus told the “Jews” that their father was Satan! Was a Satan a “Jew”?

“Ye are of your father the devil” (John 8:44)

So your focus on genealogy leads you to error.

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I’ve also wondered how they claim to have a God religion but have no word from their God for over 2000 years???

I don’t believe it’s a real religion

God founded a covenant with a temple
Ark
Priesthood
Passover sacrifice etc.

Their just a gathering of men who cover their face and read the Torah
Just a Bible study as far as I know

“The most widely recognized world religions are Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism.”

Take a Tour of the Global Religious Landscape

There are other religions but, this article points out, approximately 95% who identify with a religious group are found in one of these five.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Jesus is the Christ
John 20:31
1 John 5:1

Jesus is the Lord
1 Corinthians 12:3

Jesus is the Son of God
1 John 4:15
1 John 5:5

But guess what…

Where are Jews inwardly!

“For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.” (Romans 2:28-29)

And a Jew outwardly can be this inwardly:

“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.” (Matthew 7:15)

And Jesus told the “Jews” that there father was Satan! Was a Satan a “Jew”?

“Ye are of your father the devil” (John 8:44)

So your focus on genealogy leads you to error.

I agree with everything you said in this post, except for the last line.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“The most widely recognized world religions are Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism.”

Take a Tour of the Global Religious Landscape

There are other religions but, this article points out, approximately 95% who identify with a religious group are found in one of these five.

judaism is a Bible study not a religion
God established a covenant with 12 tribes of Israel
With a temple
An ark
A priesthood
A sacrifice

the mosaic covenant is no longer in effect replaced by the new covenant church
The old law was crucified with Christ
The moral law is eternal
The judicial law passed to the apostles
Matt 21:43
Lk 22:29