Mother of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Disclaimer: I am not against people using the term Mother of God. I neither believe nor disbelieve that Mary is the Mother of God.

The term/string "Mother of God" is not written in the Bible. Further, Matthew 12:

46 While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. 47 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”
48He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”
When it comes to doctrines, I'd rather stick to the wording of the Bible.

See also

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The mere suggestion that Almighty God could have a human mother is insulting to God, to the son she bore, and to the woman herself. She would have rejected such a title as a false one.
Jesus never once put himself up as an equal to his God and Father. He can claim to be the divine “son of God” without claiming to be deity. There is only “one true God” who is clearly identified as “the Father” by Jesus and his apostles. (John 17:3; 2 Cor 8:5-6)

Jesus was the “holy servant” of his God (Acts 4:27,30) He is also called an “apostle” as well as our “High Priest” (Heb 3:1) and he is the appointed “mediator between God and men” (1 Tim 2:5-6)…..each of these is an avenue of service to God, meaning that God is not his own servant, not his own apostle or High Priest and not his own mediator. This doctrine is a deception and an invention of the Catholic church…..without which Mary could never have been given this blasphemous title.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Disclaimer: I am not against people using the term Mother of God. I neither believe nor disbelieve that Mary is the Mother of God.

The term/string "Mother of God" is not written in the Bible. Further, Matthew 12:

See also

Luke 1:
43. And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

See also

Mary was the mother of Jesus'humanity.

God provided the divine DNA to make Jesus God(though He existed from eternity past) and Mary provided the human DNA to make Jesus the God-man

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Luke 1:
43. And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
At the age of 30 when He represented the FATHER and HIS Kingdom in Heaven, He was Lord over her and the Israelites.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

See also

It can't be denied that Mary gave birth to Jesus. She's not the mother of God.