Muslim Beheadings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is actually making fun of the pov in that passage, condemning it

How?
sure i do; when you have accomplished the death that was meant, at your baptism, and found the kingdom of heaven within you

Then are you spiritualizing away Heaven altogether? I teach that we are resurrected in Spirit through the baptisms, but also that there will be a resurrection of the body. But the scripture also teaches the existence of the soul apart from the body until the time of the resurrection.

Since this part is a separate discussion, maybe I should make a new thread for it. Interested?

Reactions: lforrest

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Go take your meds.
yes, exactly, just like that.

i mean it's a small lie, really just meant to denigrate me, right, so i don't really care, and if you had a higher point to make that a small lie would illustrate better you might even be adhering to Paul in that vein, but you would have to supply a cogent argument with it right

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Then are you spiritualizing away Heaven altogether?
ha well, you have me in a funny position here see, imo it is the other pov that spiritualizes heaven away from us today, right now! You are really referring to Valhalla wadr, and "Zeus (or Jupiter, doesn't matter; Apollo or Mercury too, same diff; Jesus is them in many Scriptural perspectives) is our Father too."
I teach that we are resurrected in Spirit through the baptisms, but also that there will be a resurrection of the body.
well, imo let's rephrase that a little just for arg's sake, bc after all your same ego in a shiny new body would be great, right? So really we seek a resurrection of our ego, yes?
But the scripture also teaches the existence of the soul apart from the body until the time of the resurrection.
so you say, yes, but i'm sure you are aware of the concept of you being "a soul," right now? So i can only suggest that this separate soul is also an ego-desire, and Scripture will be interpreted differently if this is one's starting premise, as was even intended; Greek thought was in the ascendance then, and Scripture is written to hide wisdom from the Greeks, so to speak

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Since this part is a separate discussion, maybe I should make a new thread for it. Interested?
sure, i would be thrilled to expound once again upon how no one's ego--what has separated them from God, after all right--will be getting into any place near God in any "afterlife," and how that is the definition of "Death, more abundantly," all to a packed house of believers who all want their egos to make it to Valhalla heaven i mean, and are completely unaware of the tenets of the Cult of Sol Invictus to boot; woo-hoo. bring it :)
Edited out. Thought this was a response to my post, LoL.
you can just delete those, fwiw, bottom left

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um well, you really just have to read the passage as if you've never read it or had it read to you before, all the way down to the Therefore, we seek to please God part, but i've already gone off on this before...https://www.christianityboard.com/t...ing with Jesus user:"bbyrd009"&tab=411&page=2
also pg 3 some, jan-feb of this year i guess mostly. I got no rebuttals really at the time, so if you feel inclined pls do so

Oki doki. Just created a thread for that soul sleep discussion, but I will take a look at this a little later on. :)
ha well, you have me in a funny position here see, imo it is the other pov that spiritualizes heaven away from us today, right now!

Oh Heavens, LoL. It does not! I said I believe in both.
well, imo let's rephrase that a little just for arg's sake, bc after all your same ego in a shiny new body would be great, right? So really we seek a resurrection of our ego, yes?

Our conversation is going in the toilet again, LoL. No truly devout Christian seeks the resurrection of the ego. :rolleyes: I'm getting used to you being a blockhead, you know that? LoL.
so you say, yes, but i'm sure you are aware of the concept of you being "a soul," right now? So i can only suggest that this separate soul is also an ego-desire, and Scripture will be interpreted differently if this is one's starting premise, as was even intended

I think you are referring to the soulish man verses the spiritual man, and yes the soulish man and his way of thinking and viewing things has to die. But I am talking here specifically about the existence of the soul apart from the body.

Anyway, I'll try to look at your thread later. I have to bounce out for a while.

Blessings in Christ, and hope you are having a good day.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Oh Heavens, LoL. It does not! I said I believe in both.
well, but you have already said you have enemies, right here in this thread see, so what did you really say?
No truly devout Christian seeks the resurrection of the ego. :rolleyes: I'm getting used to you being a blockhead, you know that? LoL.
ha ok, you sound awful sure so i won't press then
But I am talking here specifically about the existence of the soul apart from the body.
well, which Samuel made clear through the Witch of Endor imo, "you and your sons will be here with me" and all that

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Anyway, I'll try to look at your thread later. I have to bounce out for a while.

Blessings in Christ, and hope you are having a good day.
ok, prolly won't help much, so to save you some time i'll just rephrase the essence,
2 Corinthians 5:8 Lexicon: we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

We are cock-sure, I say, and even wish we were already dead and partying with Jesus

and see ya manana, have a good evening

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um well, you really just have to read the passage as if you've never read it or had it read to you before, all the way down to the Therefore, we seek to please God part, but i've already gone off on this before...https://www.christianityboard.com/t...ing with Jesus user:"bbyrd009"&tab=411&page=2
also pg 3 some, jan-feb of this year i guess mostly. I got no rebuttals really at the time, so if you feel inclined pls do so

I checked through your responses to this thread. You are repeating the argument you are making here in spiritualizing the resurrection and "Heaven." My response would be the same as I gave you here: I don't deny the spiritualization, but I teach both. You seem to believe in only one, and thereby spiritualize away the reality behind which the spiritualization exists.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, but you have already said you have enemies, right here in this thread see, so what did you really say?

If you mean do my enemies steal my joy, look how many LOLs I post! I look like the Ghost of Christmas Present for Pete's sake. Noboby's getting me down, bud, if that's what you were referring to. And I told you, I wasn't posting this thread because I hate Muslims. I like them actually, but I think they are mislead.
which Samuel made clear through the Witch of Endor imo, "you and your sons will be here with me" and all that

You lost me.

Reactions: Helen and Naomi25

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Islamaphobia is a justified and proper response for most people.

Well...I suppose it is at that. I know that lately, as we see a rise in the 'lone wolf' attacks, there is growing fear of just not knowing when or who might just up and come at you with a knife, or car, or bomb. You can't stop what it essentially birthed and enacted out in a single mind.

But...the term Islamaphobia doesn't really refer to that rational and very real fear, does it? In fact, it is usually employed by the very ones telling us that these attacks are not Islamic Extremists. That Islam is not ravaging the Middle East, and has done for as long as it's been there. People seem to conveniently forget that more Muslims kill other Muslims than they kill non-Muslims. The religion, or ideology of Islam...whatever you want to call it, is a plague upon mankind. That may be putting it harshly, but history and statistics back me up, sadly.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Life, more abundantly imo, but bam go with your own standards miss N, it was just an observation k

You know..."Life more abundantly" does NOT mean you have superior understanding, and THAT'S why I don't understand you. I don't understand you most of the time because your seeming grasp of the English language or punctuation and grammer is lacking.
Those who start a thought thinking people 1) already know what they are thinking, 2) are already in on the conversation the person is having in their head, so it's fine and dandy to start half way into said conversation and, 3) feel no need to explain any sort of context behind the thought, and then go on to use fractured wording shows, in my opinion, disordered thinking.

ah no, i didn't, wadr
Sure....sure! No...that's fine. I mean...asking my "opinion" on Islamaphobia is completly different! Of course I get that. And then going on to blantantly assume my opinion and take that opinion as meaning I have an enemy....well...that ALSO doesn't mean you're asking if "Islamaphobic". You just asked all the right questions and made the right assumptions to land you in a place where you could move forward thinking I am.

So...same difference man.

you have only read that in English so far though Naomi, and from your favorite scribe to boot, ok

καὶ εἶπεν αὐτοῖς Πορευθέντες εἰς τὸν κόσμον ἅπαντα

Translated as: "And he said to them, go into the all world,

κηρύξατε τὸ εὐαγγέλιον πάσῃ τῇ κτίσει

Translated as: "proclaim the gospel to all the creation"

Other "English" Translations will hold that up as well.

Also, we have Acts 1:8 to back that command up:

ἀλλὰ λήμψεσθε δύναμιν ἐπελθόντος τοῦ Ἁγίου Πνεύματος ἐφ’ ὑμᾶς, καὶ ἔσεσθέ μου μάρτυρες ἔν τε Ἱερουσαλὴμ καὶ ἐν πάσῃ τῇ Ἰουδαίᾳ καὶ Σαμαρίᾳ καὶ ἕως ἐσχάτου τῆς γῆς.

Translated as: "But you will receive power, having come the Holy Spirit upon you, and you will be for me Witnesses, both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the uttermost part of the earth."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
and thereby spiritualize away the reality behind which the spiritualization exists.
ah, well maybe i should say a bit more often that i still believe in "...we do not yet know what we will become" then, but i'm gonna stay focussed on Life, more abundantly myself
but I think they are mislead.
this is the only part of that post that matters imo bc we are all misled, all are deceived right? For whatever reason God drew the line between East and West in the Mideast, and they think Western too, yes
You lost me.
well, it's a Quote, That is Samuel (accepted) speaking to King Saul (rejected) through the Witch of Endor, which i always love writing in this venue for some reason lol, bc it's so Lord of the Rings or whatever. As an aside here we might contemplate why there are so many Greek gods inhabiting our Pantheon, Hades and Tartarus and whatnot, there is a point to those i guess

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You know..."Life more abundantly" does NOT mean you have superior understanding, and THAT'S why I don't understand you.
ah well, we have a means to determine this, right, and we are surrounded by a cloud of witnesses, Naomi, and International crowd now right, and i am not afraid to "lose" a debate bc then i learn something; so bam now is the time imo, if my understanding is inferior in that area--which it surely still is ok, no arg there--then start your argument!
I don't understand you most of the time because your seeming grasp of the English language or punctuation and grammer is lacking.
well, which one is it Naomi? :)
but i've been thinking on this more, or really it just came to me, that...i'm overeducated or something, ok Naomi, bc i have no social skills or whatever, and you are asking me basically to post in proper English, right, believing that you might comprehend it more easily? But IRL it doesn't work like that, ok, i'd be tossing out obsequiouses and onomatopoeias or whatever and then...well, it's worse, ok, not better, and i don't mean for me
Those who start a thought thinking people 1) already know what they are thinking, 2) are already in on the conversation the person is having in their head, so it's fine and dandy to start half way into said conversation and, 3) feel no need to explain any sort of context behind the thought, and then go on to use fractured wording shows, in my opinion, disordered thinking.
ty, i'm aware that this still needs improvement, and that is useful stuff for me. Learning to speak the language of the hearer likely comes more naturally to you, you have been through the fire now, you have kids, right? And so you are a mom, and you had no choice imo, something like that. I ordered my early life in such a way so as to avoid all that on purpose, and now i am paying for it i guess
Sure....sure! No...that's fine. I mean...asking my "opinion" on Islamaphobia is completly different! Of course I get that. And then going on to blantantly assume my opinion and take that opinion as meaning I have an enemy....well...that ALSO doesn't mean you're asking if "Islamaphobic". You just asked all the right questions and made the right assumptions to land you in a place where you could move forward thinking I am.

So...same difference man.
yes, surely a valid perspective ok. Imo this is an irrelevant topic, so i was being more dramatic to make a point, mostly, and also trying to speak more generally ok, i didn't necessarily mean for some comment i made to be taken personally. But i would examine any "Muslims need my help to find Jesus" beliefs, ok, and even extend that to "everyone" imo, lest you actually make enemies that would have been friends;

you need Jesus bad imo, Naomi, and i am here to lead you to Him ok
:)

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
καὶ εἶπεν αὐτοῖς Πορευθέντες εἰς τὸν κόσμον ἅπαντα

Translated as: "And he said to them, go into the all world,

κηρύξατε τὸ εὐαγγέλιον πάσῃ τῇ κτίσει

Translated as: "proclaim the gospel to all the creation"

Other "English" Translations will hold that up as well.
yes, and so now you believe you have been led to go and talk to ppl and convert them, bc after all that is what you even read, yes?
all i can say there is that there's more rungs on that ladder, ok
and what you believe right now is fine imo, i mean look you are here seeking a better understanding every day, just like me i guess
Translated as: "But you will receive power, having come the Holy Spirit upon you, and you will be for me Witnesses, both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the uttermost part of the earth."
all i can say here is that there is more than one interpretation for this, "witness" might be defined differently, etc.
but i am not here trying to tell you to stop doing as you feel led, wadr, bam keep um "witnessing" as best you know how, nothing wrong with that at all imo

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is the only part of that post that matters imo bc we are all misled, all are deceived right? For whatever reason God drew the line between East and West in the Mideast, and they think Western too, yes

Byrd, don't get me wrong. I wanna discuss things with you. But Lord Almighty are you hard to make out sometimes. I don't understand the first phrase, the second, OR the third in this sentence, LoL. If you really want to discuss this post, rephrase it for me... like all of it.
As an aside here we might contemplate why there are so many Greek gods inhabiting our Pantheon, Hades and Tartarus and whatnot, there is a point to those i guess

They're not inhabiting mine, LoL.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Byrd, don't get me wrong. I wanna discuss things with you. But Lord Almighty are you hard to make out sometimes. I don't understand the first phrase
ok well we know that all are deceived, Bible Search: all are deceived, at least at some point, so really the premise is revolving around...what Naomi thinks there, see, how will (Naomi) feel when she discovers that others think of her as merely "deceived" too? But i put some bait in there, so we're gonna find out i guess
the second
it's...mostly irrelevant i guess, but mideasterners mostly start out with the Hegelian rather than the Eastern dialectic, they reason Western rather than Eastern, was the point there
OR the third in this sentence, LoL.
there were more than 3 phrases but only really two concepts there, so prolly i got confused or maybe 3 is in with 2 here, so lemme know k
They're not inhabiting mine, LoL.
am i understanding you to say that you believe you will not go to Hades when you die?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok well we know that all are deceived, Bible Search: all are deceived, at least at some point, so really the premise is revolving around...what Naomi thinks there, see, how will (Naomi) feel when she discovers that others think of her as merely "deceived" too? But i put some bait in there, so we're gonna find out i guess

Ok, thanks. That helps a bunch. Not sure how she feels, but I doubt she'd be all that moved by it. Neither would I. That's just part of being a Christian. I mean the minute most of us become believers the insinuation from friends and family is that we are deceived, and becoming "fanatics," LoL.
am i understanding you to say that you believe you will not go to Hades when you die?

Me? I don't plan on it. But if that is what you were suggesting, you are conflating Greek concepts of Hades with Hebrew ones, and then transposing the Greek concepts of a god by that name into the Christian "pantheon," as though we honor the existence of God, Satan and Hades... No wonder we find your posts tough to understand, LoL.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ok, thanks. That helps a bunch. Not sure how she feels, but I doubt she'd be all that moved by it. Neither would I. That's just part of being a Christian.
hmm. so it helps a bunch, but you would not be moved by it? So i dunno how to even take that wadr.
I mean the minute most of us become believers the insinuation from friends and family is that we are deceived, and becoming "fanatics," LoL.
well, that would be a diff dynamic from another believer who had just met you and found out you were a believer too,
attempting to then convert you bc they felt you got it all wrong and still needed their help to "find Jesus" imo
Me? I don't plan on it. But if that is what you were suggesting, you are conflating Greek concepts of Hades with Hebrew ones, and then transposing the Greek concepts of a god by that name into the Christian "pantheon," as though we honor the existence of God, Satan and Hades... No wonder we find your posts tough to understand, LoL.
then nevermind where you think you are going personally, why is Zeus/Jupiter in our Bibles as our Father, and why is Hades in our Bibles period?
But if that is what you were suggesting, you are conflating Greek concepts of Hades with Hebrew ones
Ah; what are the Hebrew concepts of Hades, iyo? :)
then transposing the Greek concepts of a god by that name into the Christian "pantheon,"
yes, totally; but let me point out that i did not write the NT, which did the transposing for us, even installed some obvious errors--no torment in Hades mythology, etc, yet we are told of the Rich Man in torment, right (which that story has not clarified for us here yet anyway)--etc.

Either you and your sons will be there with Samuel iyo, or you will not, essentially

Last edited: