My doctrine is useless!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My doctrine is useless!

With good leadership our attendance has approached 500
With the current leadership our attendance is more like 2

I have been going to another church the last few years but grieve and sorrow over the loss of our church. It is amazing that we can do very well or quite terrible all under the hands of different leadership. Our preachers normally hold Masters Degrees from places like Liberty University. But that does not mean they have the wisdom to run a church.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My doctrine is useless!

With good leadership our attendance has approached 500
With the current leadership our attendance is more like 2

I have been going to another church the last few years but grieve and sorrow over the loss of our church. It is amazing that we can do very well or quite terrible all under the hands of different leadership. Our preachers normally hold Masters Degrees from places like Liberty University. But that does not mean they have the wisdom to run a church.
Unfortunately, that is the problem, and I've been saying it for years. The leadership of churches tend to be too centralized. The Early Church may have had a main administrator, but the pastors could've been 2, 3, or more, the leadership including pastors, elders, and deacons.

Our own church has a similar problem. I can't completely blame the pastor, but he does share some of the guilt. He was trained to be the central and almost exclusive administrator. The board consists of "yes-men." None of these people are bad or non-Christian. But the way it is organized does not allow for oversight, and does not offer a blend of input--we just are locked and straight-jacketed into a single plan, which often is less than inspired.

Why are we surprised--we're all imperfect? But with no backup, and no oversight, things are rammed through, and problems are not remedied.

Anyway, I'm not into revolution or mutiny, so I just state my case and let God determine the outcome. After I've done all I can do, then it's on God. I know others, if they are doing wrong, will have to answer to Him. I just want to be right, on my own, by Him!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't completely blame the pastor, but he does share some of the guilt.

Agreed! And then we have the members who think they are gifted with divine discernment. So they lay back saying things like... "The way I feel about it...." Judging everything and everyone by the way they feel... "Binding heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers." - Matthew 23:4