My fear and anxiety about health and death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zerokdegree

Sep 18, 2021
West Covina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi everyone, please for my fear and anxiety of health and death. I found out I have prediabetes a month ago and I've been struggling with a lot of fear and anxiety. A little background about me: I have a long history of anxiety and depression due to my past abusive experiences from my family. I started seeing a therapist a few months ago to address my mental health and heal from past pains, which has been helpful. My long history of anxiety and depression definitely is the main cause of my intense fear and anxiety about my medical condition. I'm constantly fearful of my body just goes haywire despite my best effort to change my diet and lifestyle. I'm very fearful of death and I don't know why. I have a lot of doubt about God and have this constant fear that God is against me and not for me, as if God doesn't care about me and takes pleasure in seeing me suffer. This is most likely linked to my past abusive experiences from my parents. I'm currently working with my therapist to have a healthy perspective and relationship with God, but it's been tough.

Anyways, please pray for me to overcome my anxiety and depression, especially regarding my health and death. I just want to start enjoying life and not live in fear and depression anymore. And also please pray for me to see God as a truly loving Father, and not some cold unloving God. Thank you!

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi everyone, please for my fear and anxiety of health and death. I found out I have prediabetes a month ago and I've been struggling with a lot of fear and anxiety. A little background about me: I have a long history of anxiety and depression due to my past abusive experiences from my family. I started seeing a therapist a few months ago to address my mental health and heal from past pains, which has been helpful. My long history of anxiety and depression definitely is the main cause of my intense fear and anxiety about my medical condition. I'm constantly fearful of my body just goes haywire despite my best effort to change my diet and lifestyle. I'm very fearful of death and I don't know why. I have a lot of doubt about God and have this constant fear that God is against me and not for me, as if God doesn't care about me and takes pleasure in seeing me suffer. This is most likely linked to my past abusive experiences from my parents. I'm currently working with my therapist to have a healthy perspective and relationship with God, but it's been tough.

Anyways, please pray for me to overcome my anxiety and depression, especially regarding my health and death. I just want to start enjoying life and not live in fear and depression anymore. And also please pray for me to see God as a truly loving Father, and not some cold unloving God. Thank you!
God is the law that governs the consequences of our free will. Unfortunately when it comes to the physicle domain, we to suffer the consequences of the free will choices of others. We suffer anxiety and depression because the shadow aspec of our psyche becomes to big. The shadow is an accumulation of all trauma and regret we experience throughout our life and if it goes un resolved we find ourselves in a situation like yourself.

The shadow is proportionate to the identity we hold within the world as the shadow we cast on the ground is proportionate to the size of our body in flesh.

You are not truly your abused identity, as we are not truly our flesh. When you let go of your past identity, then will you experience true salvation. You will embrace your trauma and it will become the very thing that gives you life and from that place you will give others life. We never lose our trauma, rather we transform it into eternal life. Our water becomes wine. Therefore people who hide from the darkness will never experience God. Through the darkness we must go in faith, letting go of the physicle realm we must.

As jesus come out of Nazareth, so will you arise from your darkness. And it will be the very thing that defines who you are.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello @Zerokdegree
Satan has magnified your fears. God takes no pleasure in even the downfall of the wicked.
As far as the pre-diabetes, lose a little weight and get off the carbs, and sugary foods for a few days to a week, and you will NOT crave them anymore. About 14 years ago, my doc started to warn me that my sugar was high. And of course, because of depression, I cared not and ate whatever I wanted to, I called it emotional eating. Then, maybe 6 months later, she said I am pre-diabetic. Same thing, I didn't care because I could not. A short time after that, she said I was no longer pre-diabetic but a full-blown diabetic! It does not run in my family, and I know it was my own doing.

I was more stumbling rather than walking with the Lord but, I was put on a better medication, felt better overall and took this condition to The Lord. I stopped all carbs, sugar, fast food and I was a year later, taken off of Metformin (diabetes med.) Of course, back then I was still able to work out after work so I did the stationary bike and dumbbells to exercise. I am off the pills to this day :)

Keep God at the forefront of your mind and think on all the scriptures that say He loves His creations (you, me...) Ask Him to take your fear away as, fear = punishment and Christians are not under His wrath. Ask for His PEACE and keep as positive as you can.
Godspeed to you!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying for your health, your anxiety and your walk with God. Our God is always able.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I also have pre-diabetes, but it's nothing to worry about. Take comfort that it may not turn into diabetes at all.

You should see a diabetes clinician to discuss proper diet. Stay away from things high in carbs like lots of rice, noodles, large potatoes. It's OK to have a smaller portion of this together with protein as it slows the absorption of the carbs in your system. That is the advice I got from the clinician. And stay away from sugary items, that is a no-no.

Sorry to hear about your past abusive relationships. I have schizophrenia that is an anxiety disorder. I once feared death, but my connection and encouragement from the Holy Ghost has taken away that anxiety. I pray God bless you with encouragements.

I pray for you that you know God is love and the scriptures confirm that, so he is very loving and cares for his children.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Zerokdegree

Sep 18, 2021
West Covina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also have pre-diabetes, but it's nothing to worry about. Take comfort that it may not turn into diabetes at all.

You should see a diabetes clinician to discuss proper diet. Stay away from things high in carbs like lots of rice, noodles, large potatoes. It's OK to have a smaller portion of this together with protein as it slows the absorption of the carbs in your system. That is the advice I got from the clinician. And stay away from sugary items, that is a no-no.

Sorry to hear about your past abusive relationships. I have schizophrenia that is an anxiety disorder. I once feared death, but my connection and encouragement from the Holy Ghost has taken away that anxiety. I pray God bless you with encouragements.

I pray for you that you know God is love and the scriptures confirm that, so he is very loving and cares for his children.
Thank you so much for your prayer and words of encouragement! Yes, logically I am pretty fine, considering I've already made a lot of adjustments to my diet and lifestyle. I've cut out all sugar and high-carb foods. The only carbs I have now are veggies, yogurt, nuts, and condiments. My numbers seem to be getting a bit lower, so I'm probably on the right path. It's just my mind is so used to being anxious and fearful that it will grab onto anything to be anxious about. I've been reading about type 1 diabetes, and type 1.5, and I would have this irrational fear that I might develop these conditions. But I'm doing the best I can to tell myself those things won't happen. I'm learning to walk closer with God, and it's slowly rewiring my brain. I'm sure with perseverance and patience, I will walk out my anxiety and depression. Thank you!

Reactions: dev553344

Zerokdegree

Sep 18, 2021
West Covina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Zerokdegree
Satan has magnified your fears. God takes no pleasure in even the downfall of the wicked.
As far as the pre-diabetes, lose a little weight and get off the carbs, and sugary foods for a few days to a week, and you will NOT crave them anymore. About 14 years ago, my doc started to warn me that my sugar was high. And of course, because of depression, I cared not and ate whatever I wanted to, I called it emotional eating. Then, maybe 6 months later, she said I am pre-diabetic. Same thing, I didn't care because I could not. A short time after that, she said I was no longer pre-diabetic but a full-blown diabetic! It does not run in my family, and I know it was my own doing.

I was more stumbling rather than walking with the Lord but, I was put on a better medication, felt better overall and took this condition to The Lord. I stopped all carbs, sugar, fast food and I was a year later, taken off of Metformin (diabetes med.) Of course, back then I was still able to work out after work so I did the stationary bike and dumbbells to exercise. I am off the pills to this day :)

Keep God at the forefront of your mind and think on all the scriptures that say He loves His creations (you, me...) Ask Him to take your fear away as, fear = punishment and Christians are not under His wrath. Ask for His PEACE and keep as positive as you can.
Godspeed to you!
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! Wow, I can totally relate to you. I have a habit of emotional eating because it helps me relieve my stress and depression. My emotional eating is exactly the reason I became prediabetic. I'm doing my best to overcome my fears and anxiety by listening to sermons and reading the Bible almost daily, which has been very helpful. Hopefully, as I come closer to God, my fear and depression will go away. Thank you!

• Love
Reactions: TLHKAJ and Nancy

Zerokdegree

Sep 18, 2021
West Covina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is the law that governs the consequences of our free will. Unfortunately when it comes to the physicle domain, we to suffer the consequences of the free will choices of others. We suffer anxiety and depression because the shadow aspec of our psyche becomes to big. The shadow is an accumulation of all trauma and regret we experience throughout our life and if it goes un resolved we find ourselves in a situation like yourself.

The shadow is proportionate to the identity we hold within the world as the shadow we cast on the ground is proportionate to the size of our body in flesh.

You are not truly your abused identity, as we are not truly our flesh. When you let go of your past identity, then will you experience true salvation. You will embrace your trauma and it will become the very thing that gives you life and from that place you will give others life. We never lose our trauma, rather we transform it into eternal life. Our water becomes wine. Therefore people who hide from the darkness will never experience God. Through the darkness we must go in faith, letting go of the physicle realm we must.

As jesus come out of Nazareth, so will you arise from your darkness. And it will be the very thing that defines who you are.
Thank you! It feels really edifying reading your words! Yes, I've been listening to great sermons almost daily and it has been really helpful in making sense of my past and changing my perspective on my life, which aligns perfectly with what you said. Thank you!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I suffer from a lot of anxieties and in the last few years I have fears about death, kind of hit me when I turned 60 !
The anxieties are triggers to my past as well, and some of them I simply don’t understand and they drive me nuts. There is a book called ‘ The body keeps score ‘ by Bessel Van Der Kolk. It gives an understanding of the effects of trauma from the past. I haven’t finished reading it yet, but it is quite a helpful read. The first part of the book is a bit long winded , but it’s worth persevering to the second part x
I actually start counselling next week as I want to try and understand what my unknown anxieties are, they definitely are linked to the past as the emotions linked to the present don’t really tally - the anxieties go much deeper.
Rita

• Sad

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi everyone, please for my fear and anxiety of health and death

[...]

Three things: one, if you have a sugar craving behind your prediabetes, you might want to consider a Chromium supplement (the deficiency for which causes sugar cravings); two, having peace about health or death, can be managed through meditation ("Be still and know that I am God" sort of meditation); three, you definitely needed prayer, which I and the folks here can help you with.

• Love

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying now

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You will NEVER die but, rather, step into another realm called Heaven. God created you and has BIG plans for you in his upcoming kingdom. This life is just a precursor for the glory of what is to come. May God bless you always.

Reactions: Debp