My First Bible was KJV!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My first bible was an Open Bible KJV presented to me by the First Freewill Baptist Church after spending a year with them teaching Sunday School while I was going to college. I read that bible until the cover fell off and I had to buy another bible. Which was another KJV Open Bible! Oh to go back in time! I would love to spend a Sunday evening service with them while they had the Footwashing-Communion service!

341643_6ec8214612dc8736b184e664b0467248.png

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My first bible was an Open Bible KJV presented to me by the First Freewill Baptist Church after spending a year with them teaching Sunday School while I was going to college. I read that bible until the cover fell off and I had to buy another bible. Which was another KJV Open Bible! Oh to go back in time! I would love to spend a Sunday evening service with them while they had the Footwashing-Communion service!

So you taught sunday school for a year before you owned a bible?

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

How did you manage to teach Sunday school with no bible?

Reactions: Alvertsky

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Obviously well used. My first NIV is like that and with loads of markings and pages falling out.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I bought the NKVJ Open Bible in 1985 and that is still my main Bible and the only one I mark up and take notes in church and study from. Before that I had the NASB, fully marked up, but it wasn't an Open Bible. What I wish Thomas Nelson would make was a Spirit-Filled NKJV Open Bible with all the notes of the Spirit-Filled NKJV, and Concordance, but add the Biblical Cyclopedic Index. My husband had The Living Bible. What a great read. It is like reading the Bible as a commentary. Fortunately, the author had great insight, and taught me a lot of doctrines that were hard to understand in the translations.

Billy Evmur

Dec 30, 2020
London
facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
First bible I bought was the Living bible, I am currently going through psalms in it ... But I love the KJV.

The Living still has that ability to punch you between the eyes ... "does it really say that?"

check it out in the KJV and yes it really says that.

Reactions: Nancy
Jan 13, 2021
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the KJV, it's so easy find to a copious amount of false translations if you have a Strong's Concordance.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I love the KJV, it's so easy find to a copious amount of false translations if you have a Strong's Concordance.
@Michael BoryAlis Hi, Sir; I do myself greatly appreciate the King James and use it extensively; and as you say the Strong's linkages can be very helpful. While I wouldn't go so far as to say that everything else is false, in my humble view the King James far exceeds many of the alternatives.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First bible kjv
second one was niv