Parables and saying - Why and now??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ps 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable;
I will utter dark sayings of old,

When reading the Bible we find out that Jesus the Christ would speak to people in parables and sayings.

So I have two questions that we need to answer, and they are:
Why does He speak to us in parables and sayings?
And Does He still speak to us in parables and sayings if we do actually hear from Him?

SO WHY DOES HE SPEAK TO US IN PARABLES AND SAYINGS?

Mat 13:10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”

Mat 13: 11 - 16 Jesus answered them, “To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted.
“For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him.
“Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,
‘YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND;
YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE;
FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL,
WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR,
AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES,
OTHERWISE THEY WOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES,
HEAR WITH THEIR EARS,
AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN,
AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.’
“But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear.

So Jesus spoke to people in parables and saying because "WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR,"!!!!!!!!

And since that is what He did, the WHOLE Bible is in parables and sayings!!!

Even the above Bible story is a story - a parable to show us how people are and how He is. There were the masses, which heard the parables but did not later then go to Him and asks about the parables, and there were the disciples who also heard the parables but would then go to Him and asked Him about them! This is important to understand, because if we are not going to Him and asking Him about the parables and then listening to Him we are not His disciples but instead are part of the masses who "WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR,"

THEREFORE HIS DISCIPLES AS HIM QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PARABLES THEY HEAR BUT THE MASSES DO NOT!

Which then bring us to the next question:

Does He still speak to us in parables and sayings if we do actually hear from Him?

Of course the answer is yes, because it was written, " I WILL open my mouth in a parable;

If we do actually seek Him, He WILL OPEN HIS MOUTH IN A PARABLE!

So it is that He has given me sooooooo many parables and saying!!

The thing is that the first question is still important! If I understand the first question, as to why does He speak to us in parables and saying and because we SCARCELY HEAR, and also then understand that I need to ask Him and listen to Him about the meaning of the parables and sayings he gives me!

If I am not doing that, then I am not His disciple!!!!

Now recently I was trying to get someone to actually seek the Lord and listen to Him, which rarely works, but this time it finally did. They actually for a moment sought the Lord and heard from Him, and of course He spoke to that person with a saying! So I was so happy because he did actually seek the Lord, but he didn't continue to ask the Lord for the meaning and so then leaned on his own understanding again.

The point is that he wound up doing what he was doing with the Bible. He read the Bible but did not continue to seek the Lord for understanding of it. And in the same way he did finally hear from the Lord and got a saying from the Lord, but did not continue to seek the Lord for understanding of it either!! So he got it wrong!!

I say that because I did take the saying He gave me to the Lord and the explanation was wonderful!!

The point then that I am making, and this is important, is that we have to continue to seek the Lord, not only about what is written in the Bible but even about what He tells us when we finally do hear from Him!!

Now - since this is supposed to be an inspirational section, I will follow this with some examples from my time with the Lord:

Reactions: amadeus

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord has given me lots of parables and sayings, and as mentioned in the OP, I find that I need to keep talking to Him about them to get the full and really meaning of them - and hear are some examples:

He once told me this parable I call Two Towns:

TWO TOWNS:

Once upon a time there was a town called Two because it had two people in the town. Now two miles away there was another town, called Too because it too had two people in the town. Now the two judges in the land came to Two and went to Too too because they wanted to judge whether Two or Too should be required to change their name. The judges decided to hold court at two in Too in two days.

So, in two days the two judges with the two of Two travel the two miles to Too. So at two in Too the two judges and the two of Too and the two of Two too held the hearing,

Of course it didn’t take but two minutes to decide that since neither of the two towns had the same name there was nothing that could be done. So at two after two both the two of Too and the two of Two hugged the two judges because the two of Too and the two of Two loved the names of Two and Too too.

Personally I often find it really weird hearing from Him and sometimes funny. He can just start speaking to you in that small voice of His that you have to believe is Him, else you will shut it down before hearing what all He has to say to you. And when I get something like the above I often want to just shut it down, because it is weird. Many people often shut Him down as soon as they start hearing, because they think any voice is a demon. So they don't find out, nor test the spirits, and so they don't continue to listen. They will never understand that there are more with us than against us, nor will they ever really find Him and hear the parables and sayings that He personally has for them. And that as it turns out is what the above parable was about!!

As I continue to talk to Him about the above parable I found out that spiritually speaking, there are two towns that you can live in!!

There is the town of Two, where you and the Lord live in that town together, just the two of you. You walk together, talk together, share together, and you reason together.

Yet the is another town, not far away, where the person lives with the Bible. They study the Bible, consider themselve to be walking with the Bible, and will share the Bible at times, but the Bible is not a person to reason with. They in fact are just leaning on their own understanding.

And the thing is that both 'towns' go by the same name! Which is to say that the person in the first towns says they know the Word of God and person in the second town also says they know the Word of God!! Yet to the person living in the first town, Jesus Christ is the Word of God, and to the person in the second town the Bible is the Word of God!!

So is it ok to call both Jesus Christ and the Bible by the same name? The two judges, which represent Jesus Christ and Satan, come together to decide the issue in the town where the people in that town live with the Bible, to decide the issued, and it is decided that it is ok that both those living by their understanding of the Bible and those living by walking and talking with the Lord can say they are with the Word of God - even though walking and talking with the Lord is not the same thing as leaning on your own understanding of the Bible.

The reason the two different judges' rules as they did though, is interesting! And you won't find that out by leaning on your own understanding. The reason Satan wants them both to be called "The Word of God", is that Satan wants to bring confusion. The reason the Lord says it is ok, is because it is just a case of semantics, which He does not want people arguing over!!

And the other interesting, but very sad part, is that we who live in either town love it!! Why do we love it??

The reason is that we want inclusiveness. I get it. The more "Christians" the better. But if half the Christians don't actually know and walk and talk with the Lord as to reason with Him, is that any good them?

No it is not. He is going to tell "many" on that day that they never knew Him, and to hell they will go!! Shouldn't we have made it clear to them that only those in the town of Two (those actually walking with the Lord) are going to heaven?? Yet to be 'inclusive' we say it is ok to lean on your own understanding of the Bible and not actually be seeking Him and listening to Him!

By Jesus saying and judging that it is ok to call both Him and the Bible "The Word of God" because that is just a case of semantics, did not mean that it was ok to think that knowing the Bible was going save you!!

Of course, may this parable was a bit hard to take - so I will give you another and explain it as He told me.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So here is another parable that He told me, that is perhaps not so serious, and the last one turned out to be

GENIE IN THE LAMP!
There was this guy stranded on a desert island. It was dark and he was a little cold from the wind coming off the sea. He was groping around in the sand for something to start a fire with so he could get warm and see.
He finds this lamp, and rubbing the lamp.... whooossssshh OUT COMES A GENIE!
Genie... "I am the Genie in the lamp, and I will give you three wishes"
Guy... "Hey man, I don't believe in Genies"!
Genie... "I AM, THE GENIE IN THE LAMP, AND I WILL GIVE YOU THREE WISHES!!"
Guy... "I'm sorry man, but I don't believe in Genies."
Genie... "I AM THE GENIE, I can give you great wisdom, or I can give you authority over ALL THE POWERS OF THE WORLD! What is it you want?"
Guy... "Look man, I was just hoping for a little fire."
whooosssshhhh .... the guy is on fire!
Guy... "I'M ON FIRE, I'M ON FIRE... ENOUGH ALREADY!"
the fire goes out
Guy... "Maybe you are a Genie. What was that thing you said? Oh yeah.. great wisdom. GIVE ME GREAT WISDOM"
Genie.... "Believe in Genies."
Guy... "THAT'S IT???"
Genie... "Believing is great wisdom."
Guy... "Ok.. Ok.. what was that other thing? Yeah.. authority over all the powers of the world. GIVE ME AUTHORITY OVER ALL THE POWERS OF THE WORLD!"
whooosssshhhh .... the guy is sucked down into the lamp!
Guy... "HEY.. I'M STUCK IN THE LAMP"
Genie... "YOU ARE NOW A GENIE, AND YOU HAVE AUTHORITY OVER ALL THE POWERS OF THE WORLD!!"
Guy... "Yeah... but I'm going to have to serve anyone who rubs the lamp"
Genie... "That's right."

This is what it is like to become a Christian. You feel deserted and on your little island, just looking for some warmth and a bit of fire in your life. That’s when you stumble across the Light (Jesus Christ). He comes out and you have trouble believing in Him. So He sets you on fire because that was what you were looking for, but then you find out that you didn’t really want to be on fire. So you ask Him for great wisdom, because you don’t really know what you need, and He just tells you to believe in Him. Then you take Him up on the option to have authority over all the powers of the world, and He makes you like Him and thus a servant to anyone who is looking for a fire and warmth in their life.

When I got this parable, I was just working at my storage unit where I keep items that I sell on the internet to make money. The Lord set me up with my own little business. And again, it is just weird that I will suddenly just hear Him give me a parable. And when this one started off about a Genie in the Lamp, I was quicky thinking this can't be from the Lord. So I tested the spirit using 1 Jn 4: 1-3 and it tested out to be the Holy Spirit, so I continued to listen. And when I finished hearing it, I loved it. That is exactly what it often fells like and was like.

I understand about wanting a bit of fire in my life, and He can certainly set us on fire for Him. And I remember praying for great wisdom, which basically comes down to believing in Him, because He not us has the great wisdom. So we can have Him by listening to Him by faith, but with doing that comes the realization that great wisdom in not really ours, but He is given to us so we can have Him who has great wisdom. And I remember getting to the point where I wanted authority over the dark powers of this world, and He will give us that wise also, but it mean serving those who rub the lamp - and we are as a lamp lite to help this world understand.

Prov 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching is light;
And reproofs for discipline are the way of life

So should we not actually seek Him and listen to Him, so that we can help light the way to Him?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe I should go over a saying, because they are shorter?

A MITE IS AN ANIMAL THAT GETS UNDER THE SKIN TO GET AT THE BLOOD

The Lord woke me up in the middle of the night to just tell me the above saying. I had to ask Him what is meant and why it was so important that He should wake me up in the middle of the night tell me it? He responded by saying:

KARL, THERE IS MIGHT IN THE BLOOD, BUT I WANT A CLOSER RELATIONSHIP THAN THAT.

There are those which want the power of God and the authority of God, but they don't actually want the relationship with God!!

In that case they are still actually in the dark, as if in the middle of the night!!

The reason He speaks to us in parables and saying is that He wants a relationship with Him, but only those who keep going back and finding out the meaning behind the parables are going to wind up in a relationship with Him. The others might see the power and the authority of God, but they will never really come to know Him and learn from Him like a disciple of His does!!

Indeed, that was the meaning of all this, wasn't it? It was all meant to draw us into a real honest to good relationship with Him - Jesus Christ our Lord!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ps 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable;

When reading the Bible we find out that Jesus the Christ would speak to people in parables and sayings.

So I have two questions that we need to answer, and they are:
Why does He speak to us in parables and sayings?
And Does He still speak to us in parables and sayings if we do actually hear from Him?

SO WHY DOES HE SPEAK TO US IN PARABLES AND SAYINGS?

Mat 13:10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”

Mat 13: 11 - 16 Jesus answered them, “To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted.
“For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him.
“Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,
‘YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND;
YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE;
FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL,
WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR,
AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES,
OTHERWISE THEY WOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES,
HEAR WITH THEIR EARS,
AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN,
AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.’
“But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear.

So Jesus spoke to people in parables and saying because "WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR,"!!!!!!!!

And since that is what He did, the WHOLE Bible is in parables and sayings!!!

Even the above Bible story is a story - a parable to show us how people are and how He is. There were the masses, which heard the parables but did not later then go to Him and asks about the parables, and there were the disciples who also heard the parables but would then go to Him and asked Him about them! This is important to understand, because if we are not going to Him and asking Him about the parables and then listening to Him we are not His disciples but instead are part of the masses who "WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR,"

THEREFORE HIS DISCIPLES AS HIM QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PARABLES THEY HEAR BUT THE MASSES DO NOT!

Which then bring us to the next question:

Does He still speak to us in parables and sayings if we do actually hear from Him?

Of course the answer is yes, because it was written, " I WILL open my mouth in a parable;

If we do actually seek Him, He WILL OPEN HIS MOUTH IN A PARABLE!

So it is that He has given me sooooooo many parables and saying!!

The thing is that the first question is still important! If I understand the first question, as to why does He speak to us in parables and saying and because we SCARCELY HEAR, and also then understand that I need to ask Him and listen to Him about the meaning of the parables and sayings he gives me!

If I am not doing that, then I am not His disciple!!!!

Now recently I was trying to get someone to actually seek the Lord and listen to Him, which rarely works, but this time it finally did. They actually for a moment sought the Lord and heard from Him, and of course He spoke to that person with a saying! So I was so happy because he did actually seek the Lord, but he didn't continue to ask the Lord for the meaning and so then leaned on his own understanding again.

The point is that he wound up doing what he was doing with the Bible. He read the Bible but did not continue to seek the Lord for understanding of it. And in the same way he did finally hear from the Lord and got a saying from the Lord, but did not continue to seek the Lord for understanding of it either!! So he got it wrong!!

I say that because I did take the saying He gave me to the Lord and the explanation was wonderful!!

The point then that I am making, and this is important, is that we have to continue to seek the Lord, not only about what is written in the Bible but even about what He tells us when we finally do hear from Him!!

Now - since this is supposed to be an inspirational section, I will follow this with some examples from my time with the Lord:

This is the mystery of tongues made manifest. Or perhaps I should say that tongues was its own revelation that God speaks in a way that only the Spirit can interpret--intentionally, that only those who are His will understand and find safe passage through and out of this valley of the shadow of death...which is the answer to your question.

But yes, Jesus being the Word, and God's declaration that He would speak to us in parables--means every word from God is given in parable form from making man in His image to the lives and times of His people, to their wanderings, to His coming again in the clouds--it's all parables.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord has given me lots of parables and sayings, and as mentioned in the OP, I find that I need to keep talking to Him about them to get the full and really meaning of them - and hear are some examples:

He once told me this parable I call Two Towns:

TWO TOWNS:

Once upon a time there was a town called Two because it had two people in the town. Now two miles away there was another town, called Too because it too had two people in the town. Now the two judges in the land came to Two and went to Too too because they wanted to judge whether Two or Too should be required to change their name. The judges decided to hold court at two in Too in two days.

So, in two days the two judges with the two of Two travel the two miles to Too. So at two in Too the two judges and the two of Too and the two of Two too held the hearing,

Of course it didn’t take but two minutes to decide that since neither of the two towns had the same name there was nothing that could be done. So at two after two both the two of Too and the two of Two hugged the two judges because the two of Too and the two of Two loved the names of Two and Too too.

Personally I often find it really weird hearing from Him and sometimes funny. He can just start speaking to you in that small voice of His that you have to believe is Him, else you will shut it down before hearing what all He has to say to you. And when I get something like the above I often want to just shut it down, because it is weird. Many people often shut Him down as soon as they start hearing, because they think any voice is a demon. So they don't find out, nor test the spirits, and so they don't continue to listen. They will never understand that there are more with us than against us, nor will they ever really find Him and hear the parables and sayings that He personally has for them. And that as it turns out is what the above parable was about!!

As I continue to talk to Him about the above parable I found out that spiritually speaking, there are two towns that you can live in!!

There is the town of Two, where you and the Lord live in that town together, just the two of you. You walk together, talk together, share together, and you reason together.

Yet the is another town, not far away, where the person lives with the Bible. They study the Bible, consider themselve to be walking with the Bible, and will share the Bible at times, but the Bible is not a person to reason with. They in fact are just leaning on their own understanding.

And the thing is that both 'towns' go by the same name! Which is to say that the person in the first towns says they know the Word of God and person in the second town also says they know the Word of God!! Yet to the person living in the first town, Jesus Christ is the Word of God, and to the person in the second town the Bible is the Word of God!!

So is it ok to call both Jesus Christ and the Bible by the same name? The two judges, which represent Jesus Christ and Satan, come together to decide the issue in the town where the people in that town live with the Bible, to decide the issued, and it is decided that it is ok that both those living by their understanding of the Bible and those living by walking and talking with the Lord can say they are with the Word of God - even though walking and talking with the Lord is not the same thing as leaning on your own understanding of the Bible.

The reason the two different judges' rules as they did though, is interesting! And you won't find that out by leaning on your own understanding. The reason Satan wants them both to be called "The Word of God", is that Satan wants to bring confusion. The reason the Lord says it is ok, is because it is just a case of semantics, which He does not want people arguing over!!

And the other interesting, but very sad part, is that we who live in either town love it!! Why do we love it??

The reason is that we want inclusiveness. I get it. The more "Christians" the better. But if half the Christians don't actually know and walk and talk with the Lord as to reason with Him, is that any good them?

No it is not. He is going to tell "many" on that day that they never knew Him, and to hell they will go!! Shouldn't we have made it clear to them that only those in the town of Two (those actually walking with the Lord) are going to heaven?? Yet to be 'inclusive' we say it is ok to lean on your own understanding of the Bible and not actually be seeking Him and listening to Him!

By Jesus saying and judging that it is ok to call both Him and the Bible "The Word of God" because that is just a case of semantics, did not mean that it was ok to think that knowing the Bible was going save you!!

Of course, may this parable was a bit hard to take - so I will give you another and explain it as He told me.
You purport to honor the Lord Jesus but denigrate His Word to us, as if it were not, that makes absolutely no sense. And you continue to denigrate those who do honor the Word of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I truly hope you will one day come to appreciate His gift to you of His Word.

Psalms 138:2 KJV
I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Psalms 119:14-18 KJV
14) I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.
15) I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.
16) I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.
17) GIMEL. Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word.
18) Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.

Psalms 119:89-90 KJV
89) LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
90) Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth.

Much love!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God has often given me a parable from nature, showing me a truth through what surrounds me. I call them 'life lessons'.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the mystery of tongues made manifest. Or perhaps I should say that tongues was its own revelation that God speaks in a way that only the Spirit can interpret--intentionally, that only those who are His will understand and find safe passage through and out of this valley of the shadow of death...which is the answer to your question.

But yes, Jesus being the Word, and God's declaration that He would speak to us in parables--means ever word from God is given in parable form from making man in His image to the lives and times of His people, to their wanderings, to His coming again in the clouds--it's all parables.

Yeah - pretty much.

The thing is that He is about teaching us, and parables are good for that; at least they are if you turn back to Him and get and explanation.

Still we are in this world, even if not of it yet. So the explanations are really about the world we are going to be in when we get to where we are going, or if we are not going there.

We should, and especially if we have been talking with Him, be aware that God made the heavens then the earth, right?

And Jesus said His Kingdom is not of this world, so this world is to prepare us for His Kingdom, which is not of this world, but is a heavenly Kingdom. So if Jesus says something like, "we hear the sound of the wind", that does not mean some oxygen mix of air blowing by our ears, does it?

Still, it is not even then about really knowing what it is going to be like in heaven in that sense. It is more about hearing Him like we will in heaven and so in the sense of a personal relationship with Him as the Great I Am and Word of God. And that understanding comes from listening to Him and talking with Him, and getting to actually know Him, doesn't it?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has often given me a parable from nature, showing me a truth through what surrounds me. I call them 'life lessons'.

Yes of course He can use all that He made for as some teaching tool. Still, if we go to class and don't actually listen to the Teacher, did we really learn anything?

For example; I was once driving down the street and looking at the mountains close to where I live because it had recently snowed in the mountains and they look great!! So I turned to the Lord and talked to Him about how wonderful the mountains look.

He responded by saying like, "Karl, if you are looking at the mountains you are looking at the setting not the stone. It is the people who are beautiful and them in the setting I created for them.?

Until we actually spend time really listening to Him we can't understand how He sees things. Did He not make many planets and even with bigger mountains, and deeper valleys? And I am convinced that we can not fully know all that He has made, but when talking to Him I find out that people are what He enjoys. And if that is the case, then should not we be listening to Him?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You purport to honor the Lord Jesus but denigrate His Word to us, as if it were not, that makes absolutely no sense. And you continue to denigrate those who do honor the Word of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I truly hope you will one day come to appreciate His gift to you of His Word.

Psalms 138:2 KJV
I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Psalms 119:14-18 KJV
14) I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.
15) I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.
16) I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.
17) GIMEL. Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word.
18) Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.

Psalms 119:89-90 KJV
89) LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
90) Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth.

Much love!

Where have is "denigrated" Jesus Christ?

Oh, but perhaps you don't know the Jesus Christ it the Word of God because you don't listen to Him?

If you don't listen to Him then it is you who denigrate the Word of God/ Jesus Christ. Indeed you have killed the Word of God in you personally!!

Do you still not have any idea why the Word (Jesus Christ) took on flesh and went to the cross? It is because people don't listen to Him!!! They kill Him spiritually speaking, in that way!!

Adam and Eve choose to no listen to Him and they did what He personally told them to not do!! So they died, and do you still not understand that He blew into them, so with their death a part of Him also died. I don't think you even have a little clue of what you are talking about!! And that because understanding comes from His voice and not your thinking!!

Of how else can it be explained that you wrote:

His Word to us, as if it were not,

The Word of God is not an "it" but He is the Word of God!! So the Word of God is a He, the Son of God, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, but you don't know that because you don't know Him!! So you don't know the Word!!

There were people who John the Baptist compare to vipers. There was poison that came out their mouth, and Jesus said he was right in doing saying that. Those religious people lead peole away from listening to the King of Kings, and so it is not me but you.

There is one unforgivable sin, and that is you not ever taking the time to believe in Him who the Holy Spirit of God has always been trying to hook you up with by bringing to you spirit His words, even the words of Him whose name is called The Word of God, but you will not listen, You are a false son! You pretend obedience to Him but with your ears you don't not listen and with your eyes you do not seek and so your time of punishment will be forever unless you repent and turn from your to listening to Him.

Still there is even good news for you, because He made you too. If you repent and turn to His reproof, and get a zeal for Him the Word of God, then you will find that He is standing at the door and if anyone, even you, hears His voice and opens up to Him, then He will come into you and eat with you and you with Him, But if you insist on not listening to Him and pretending you are being obedient to Him, then a time will come, and it will be like this for many, when He will tell you that He never knew you, and He The Word of God, does not lie!!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we know that God even love pigs?????

He made them, so He loves them. But am I speaking about physical pigs or the unrighteous?

He once told me this parable about three hound dogs and a pig. See if you can figure it out before I explain. He told it to me while driving to work one day and ask me to try and figure out the meaning, but I couldn't. At the end of the day I told Him that I give up and He told me the meaning.

3 Hound Dogs and a Pif:

There were three hound dogs and a pig walking down the road one day. The first hound dog stopped and told the others that he was good at howling. “OK, let’s hear it,” they said.

“Hoooouuuuuwwwwwooooooo!!!”

“Wow that’s pretty good,” the others agreed.

The second hound dog then exclaimed that he was very good at howling.
“OK, let’s hear it,” they said.

“HOOOUUUUUWWWOOOOOO!!!”

“Wow that’s great, I doubt anyone could do better than that”, the others agreed.

Then the third hound dog exclaimed that he thought he could do better.

“OK, let’s hear it,” they said.

“Hooouu”, (and as he began to howl he stepped on the pig, so it came out), “Hooouuuu…SQUEAL-SQUEAL-SQUEAL-SQUEAL-SQUEAL!!!!!!”

“WOW, that was the best”, they all agreed.

So what is the moral of this story, and what is it about?

I will give you a hint - it is about intersession prayer.

The moral of the story is this:

If you are going to cry out to the Lord, it’s always better to have two!

Did you notice that they were hound dogs? We are always hounding God for things. We want that. We need this! That’s ok, because God wants to know.

Did you notice that the one was a pig? Well we all know how unrighteous and dirty pigs are. That’s ok, because God wants to hear from them too.

Did you notice that the pig got stepped on? Well it’s ok too, because God wants to hear from you, even if you’re feeling just a little uncomfortable doing it.

Did you notice that they were boasting? I’m the best, no I’m the best!!

Well God wants to hear from us even if we are boasting, even if one of us is a pig, even if someone is not that comfortable about crying out to God, and the more the better!!!

Indeed - there are times when you are going to make people feel a bit uncomfortable when you talk about walking and talking with the Lord.

Many people who listened to John the Baptist and Jesus wound up feeling uncomfortable, but sometimes that needs to happen. It is a matter of life and death. Are they truly going to start reaching out to Him or not? The old 'fire and brimstone' preachers were not the worst of preachers. Much of the Holiness movement, like John the Baptist movement, call people to repentance, and that so they might start actually listening to the Lord and get to know Him. The worst preachers are those who mislead you into believing you are saved by just knowing the Bible. They are why Jesus told the Jews:

Jn 5:39,40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

It is because of that thinking that we read:

Mal 2:1,2 “And now this commandment is for you, O priests. “If you do not listen, and if you do not take it to heart to give honor to My name,” says the LORD of hosts, “then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings; and indeed, I have cursed them already, because you are not taking it to heart.

And soooo many other things like that in the Bible.

The Scriptures are correct, and they can give you the wisdom to find salvation through Jesus Christ, but reading them does not mean you did find that wisdom to seek Him! Many are just pretending, and those might need to be stepped on to get them talking to Him!

Which is what Jesus was doing when He told them"

Jn 8: 43,44 “Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word.
“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Jesus did not tell them that to just insult them but rather He told them that because He loved them and they needed the reproof so that they might turn back to Him and actually listen to Him someday. Reproof can make us fell uncomfortable and even hurt a bit, but it is better to get reproof than to never come to know Him by calling out to Him and listening!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 7:6 “Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Of course this is a 'Christian Forum', and we should be able to bring forth the parables, sayings and teachings here, because it should be actual Christians posting here, as in His sheep hear His voice. So we actually hear parables, sayings and teachings from Him, but the swine will trample them and turn and try to tear you to pieces.

Still dogs can be muzzled (shut up) and those pigs can be put back in their pens (their religion). We who know Him should have a place to actually talk about Him and share about Him. We need to testify and encourage others to actually listen to Him!

Mat 8:38 “For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”

They want to make you ashamed of hearing from Him, but I know how they are and how they even thought Jesus was of the devil when it was them - those religious ones who white wash themselves but don't hear from Him so as to be cleaned up. They don't know the words of the wise! They can read, but they can not understand because understanding comes from His mouth, not His book - and for the life of them - they just cannot understand that! To them, the Book must be His mouth because they can not hear with their spiritual ears!

Maybe they will figure it out someday? So here is a parable for them:

IN THE DARK

There once was an animal that lived in the dark. All its life it had lived in the dark cave. It knew there were other things that lived in the cave with him, but because it couldn’t see them, it didn’t know how big they were. After a while it got to thinking it was the biggest animal in the dark. It was certain that it was strong, big, and knew all it needed to know.

Then came a rumbling. The noise slowly grew.

AHH CHOOO!!!

Instantly, with a strong wind, it was blown out of the cave. In the light it could see that it was just a microbe. Wow, it was so small.

After a little while it realized that it was ok that it was a microbe, because it had never really changed. So, he was still him.

You know it’s ok if you’re a microbe, because even a microbe has a purpose.

When you see the light and realize that God is out there, and angels are out there, how big are you really? But it’s odd, because even you have a purpose.