My Grace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. - 2 Corinthians 12:9.

2 Corinthians 12:9, is the greatest display of the grace of God for a believer. When the time comes. When trouble comes. When it all comes apart and infirmity comes and sickness is all around you and in you. You ever look at what Paul was saying about our weakness! What type of person would glory in their infirmities, in their afflictions.

Paul had a thorn in his flesh he needed removed. He would do better if only this thing in his flesh, was removed. He prayed three times to remove it. But the word came "my grace is sufficient." What was that word? When Paul needed his affliction fixed so he could be strong in the Lord, strong in body.

In the afflictions and infirmities, the Lord was made strong. That the power of Christ may rest upon him. You see it in the affirmed and inflicted. Those that cannot put one foot in front of the other. Resting in the power of Christ. You really have no choice. At that point you have nothing, not even the very breath you breathe.. is not yours. The power of Christ resting upon. If was left to you you would go, just leave. But "my grace is sufficient." If I had a choice I would leave.

This man had been left for dead on more than one occasion.

23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft. - 2 Corinthians 11:23.

We should read Paul's awful list we call it - 2 Corinthians 11:24-27.

The things that came on Paul. In that; he would write in the next chapter "my grace is sufficient." That the power of Christ may rest upon me! My strength is made perfect in my weakness. We cannot pretend we know what Paul was saying because our circumstances and situations will be different. But the outcome will be the same. The power of Christ resting on you!