My kind of Christian music.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
"...as the Southern people were a Bible believing people."
Pay attention. You quote me from reply #16. There the origin of Southern Gospel music was what I was discussing. Thus the 'were a Bible believing people' reflected on the origin. Now, we who are of the South present day are still a Bible believing people. Of the Bible Belt. In other words...not 'were', as if we no longer are.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Stranger said:
Pay attention. You quote me from reply #16. There the origin of Southern Gospel music was what I was discussing. Thus the 'were a Bible believing people' reflected on the origin. Now, we who are of the South present day are still a Bible believing people. Of the Bible Belt. In other words...not 'were', as if we no longer are.

Stranger
ok thought it was something like that, ty

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Delta Dawn
what's that flower you have on?
could it be
a faded rose?
from days gone by?

And did i hear you say
He was ameetin' you
here today
to take you to His
Mansion in the Sky?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
farouk said:
I guess it's fair to say that both Scripture and quality hard rock never grow old...
ha! i'm still more of a soundgarden guy, the ten minutes a month that i still choose hard stuff.

cool thing about the Bible is that It will be a whole new read, according to how the eye sees, according to how the mind has changed. I have been reading It for 40 years, and i have just started over, a month ago, from a different perspective. And It is a completely different Book now.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
bbyrd009 said:
ha! i'm still more of a soundgarden guy, the ten minutes a month that i still choose hard stuff.

cool thing about the Bible is that It will be a whole new read, according to how the eye sees, according to how the mind has changed. I have been reading It for 40 years, and i have just started over, a month ago, from a different perspective. And It is a completely different Book now.
As regards Bible reading, for understanding a prayerful dependence on the Holy Spirit is important.

I guess for musical likes, mood might change from time to time but quality production and performance don't.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
farouk said:
As regards Bible reading, for understanding a prayerful dependence on the Holy Spirit is important.
ya, like anyone follows Paul in avoiding other Apostles on purpose for three years, at least, after their conversion, lol. i didn't anyway.

no, we all run right to the "authoritays," huh, to get our interpretations. Lol. It all works out though, i guess, you find what you seek.
I guess for musical likes, mood might change from time to time but quality production and performance don't.
i kind of prefer more Tongues in my Gospel music, hence "Sympathy" and "Tomorrow People," and David Byrne, but TEHO :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Just as every cop is a criminal
and all the sinners, saints
as heads is tails