My little hydroponic garden isn't sprouting

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't figure out how to do this properly on my phone.

It's a lyko garden, supposedly interchangeable with aerogarden pods. I have black seeded simpson, rouge d'hiver, marvel of four seasons and red sails planted.

Only one rouge d'hiver sprouted, and to be honest, I have no idea what the sprout in the corner is.

It's been at least a couple weeks and no other sprouts. Any suggestions? I admit I don't know what I'm doing.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see the Lyko uses LED grow lights. You could try moving the setup to where the pods get God's original mark-I sunlight. Or would that be cheating?

I've never tried hydroponics. I love trying to grow stuff, but I can't figure out why some stuff keeps croaking, while this blue passion-flower vine I planted last year is growing everywhere except where I planted it.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see the Lyko uses LED grow lights. You could try moving the setup to where the pods get God's original mark-I sunlight. Or would that be cheating?

I've never tried hydroponics. I love trying to grow stuff, but I can't figure out why some stuff keeps croaking, while this blue passion-flower vine I planted last year is growing everywhere except where I plan
I'll bet birds or wind moved your seeds for you!

I am tempted to try. I am desperate. Around here, during the winter lettuce is kind of slimy gross and overpriced. I will write the seller first and see if they have a suggestion.

I was hoping to work around the effort to get a ton of tomatoes and zucchini given to me canned, but let's be honest, I'm not very motivated to do that either :ummm:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Update: they're moving to the pantry. They were getting more than enough light 14+ hours, but it's also near the air conditioner, keeping it under 67 degrees, all day ,that I realized also kills my bread dough every time. Every. Single. Time.

Reactions: Lambano

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Update 2 for whoever looks for this in the future: found another community, turns out the lettuce seeds they've been sending out are not the best, so it's their fault.

Reactions: amigo de christo