My Lord And Savior Is Not A "SISSIFIED NEEDY JESUS", But HE is a GOD of WRATH!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I am denying that scripture alone is sufficient to our needs according to God. I believe that the Holy Spirit is necessary to bring the scriptures to Life within us. If they never come to Life, they never are the Word of God which is Alive. Without Life in us in the end we have nothing at all for ultimately death is nothing.
I never said the Holy Spirit wasn’t necessary my friend. But the Spirit and scriptures are both, not either/or. You can not divorce them from each other.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s not what I said my friend. But you can not divorce the Spirit from the word.
I was asking some questions. Now you have at least partially answered them. We have different definitions for the Word of God. To simplify for you where I am, I believe these things: The Bible does not contain the Holy Spirit. The Bible is not the Holy Spirit, nor is it Jesus. Jesus is the Word of God.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was asking some questions. Now you have at least partially answered them. We have different definitions for the Word of God. To simplify for you where I am, I believe these things: The Bible does not contain the Holy Spirit. The Bible is not the Holy Spirit, nor is it Jesus. Jesus is the Word of God.
There is the word of God(scriptures) and there is the Word of God(God the Son, the Christ, the second Person in the Godhead). The word of God testifies of the Word of God and the Holy Spirit(the third Person in the Godhead) illumines this word to us. But you can’t divorce the Spirit from the word of God, which is what you’re attempting to do.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said the Holy Spirit wasn’t necessary my friend. But the Spirit and scriptures are both, not either/or. You can not divorce them from each other.
Basically he thinks study means not "depending" on the Spirit as if by osmosis without study, mystically we are brought to all truth. He misuses scripture out of context as proof.

What he is really doing is mocking study, mitigating it, and in the process sugesting he's on a higher plain. That's the entire objective.

But just look at his egregious heresies, that paints the picture, but he believes (blames) God for revealing these truths to him that are literally heresy.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Basically he thinks study means not "depending" on the Spirit as if by osmosis without study, mystically we are brought to all truth. He misuses scripture out of context as proof.

What he is really doing is mocking study, mitigating it, and in the process sugesting he's on a higher plain. That's the entire objective.

But just look at his egregious heresies, that paints the picture, but he believes (blames) God for revealing these truths to him that are literally heresy.
Right. No amount of studying w/o the Spirit gains us insight into the scriptures. I’ve never denied the necessity of the Spirit. They take what we don’t say and take it and run with it.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The atonement was offered to God, not us.

How come?
In The OT the Lamb on the Day of Atonement was sacrificed to God in the place of the man for whom it was shedding its blood , so the mans sins were cleansed and not 'against ' him.

If we move this into the NT it says to me that- the Lamb's blood was shed as sacrifice to God , for man, so that ours sins were cleansed and therefore no against us.
Right?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the moment there is only one of mine in post #541. Actually not answering questions may not be a bad thing if you are certain of your belief and you feel no unction from God to respond. However, it was an impression, I had about you. Perhaps I was mixing you up with someone else. I've certainly done that before. If I erred, I do apologize!
I actually looked at those questions as rhetorical. Of course you need to ask God for wisdom from the Scriptures as to how it applies to our situations today. But that doesn't change the meaning or interpretation of Scripture.

One interpretation, many applications. Don't confuse the two.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Study to show thyself approved....

They seem to just gloss over that verse....

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How come?
In The OT the Lamb on the Day of Atonement was sacrificed to God in the place of the man for whom it was shedding its blood , so the mans sins were cleansed and not 'against ' him.

If we move this into the NT it says to me that- the Lamb's blood was shed as sacrifice to God , for man, so that ours sins were cleansed and therefore no against us.
Right?
The atonement was offered to God on their(our) behalf. We are the recipients of God grace via the atonement made to God through the Son’s sacrifice.

Reactions: Helen

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How come?

Right?
If I steal something from you, I wronged you. Only I can atone for that by doing something for you to repay you for that which I did. Mankind was separated from God and had no means to atone for their sins. That is why the Christ had to come as a man to repay God for what we did. God was repaid(atoned) for the sins we did.

Reactions: Helen

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Study to show thyself approved....

They seem to just gloss over that verse....
Pretty much if you've studied, you're depending on books, not the Spirit, like them.

They've been led into all truth and you're a fool for much studying. You depend on books but they're led by spirit into their false teachings.

The thing is they're clueless, and are in no danger of "over studying." Instead they're in danger of never studying which is why they're heretical and heterodox, "super spiritual" yet angry and hostile toward sound doctrine and the true God of Scripture.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is the word of God(scriptures) and there is the Word of God(God the Son, the Christ, the second Person in the Godhead). The word of God testifies of the Word of God and the Holy Spirit(the third Person in the Godhead) illumines this word to us. But you can’t divorce the Spirit from the word of God, which is what you’re attempting to do.
I am attempting no such thing! What is, is! I was simply sharing my understanding, which like every incomplete man, I believe, falls short of all that God has for man. This last, of course, you do not believe. To your mind you have apparently moved beyond belief to knowledge.

Reactions: Pisteuo and Helen

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't recall.
An interesting thing about @amadeus is he believes he's been led into all truth by the Spirit while at the same time he defends Mormonisms false created "Christ" and false "gospel" as being true, along with other errors contrary to Scripture. So he is in effect teaching that the Spirit has endorsed these heresies as truth to him.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An interesting thing about @amadeus is he believes he's been led into all truth by the Spirit while at the same time he defends Mormonisms false created "Christ" and false "gospel" as being true, along with other errors contrary to Scripture. So he is in effect teaching that the Spirit has endorsed these heresies as truth to him.
Hence my statement about over-emphasis on the Spirit. An over-emphasis leads to error because you are looking for the "spirit" in everything. You end up listening to your own thoughts and desires and attribute those to the Spirit and in a sense try to make your view infallible.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are insults all you have?
Is that how you treat your parishioners, too?
Pretty much if you've studied, you're depending on books, not the Spirit, like them.

They've been led into all truth and you're a fool for much studying. You depend on books but they're led by spirit into their false teachings.

The thing is they're clueless, and are in no danger of "over studying." Instead they're in danger of never studying which is why they're heretical and heterodox, "super spiritual" yet angry and hostile toward sound doctrine and the true God of Scripture.
This is true on every message board.
Those persons boasting much of "being led of the Spirit "are almost exclusively led by their own sinful flesh.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hence my statement about over-emphasis on the Spirit. An over-emphasis leads to error because you are looking for the "spirit" in everything. You end up listening to your own thoughts and desires and attribute those to the Spirit and in a sense try to make your view infallible.
Yep. They rarely crack open their Bibles. They're like some inherited deacons I've had in the past. If they even bothered to bring a Bible to church, when asked to open their Bible to Revelation they had to look at the index to find out where it is. A minute later they got to the passage...maybe