My Lord And Savior Is Not A "SISSIFIED NEEDY JESUS", But HE is a GOD of WRATH!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not in there. Every one of those Jews Jesus was talking to had a real opportunity to come to him in faith. Maybe not at that time, but at some point. And I don't mean a theoretical opportunity, as in, the gospel is for all... but it really isn't, because God just drags some in and ignores the rest.
If they didn't have that opportunity, Jesus preaching to them was totally pointless.
You are looking at this as if ppl truly deserve being saved my friend. The question shouldn’t be why does God not call all, but why should he call any.

You believe if He calls one, He has to call all, thereby turning grace into obligation.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not in there. Every one of those Jews Jesus was talking to had a real opportunity to come to him in faith. Maybe not at that time, but at some point. And I don't mean a theoretical opportunity, as in, the gospel is for all... but it really isn't, because God just drags some in and ignores the rest.
If they didn't have that opportunity, Jesus preaching to them was totally pointless.
The Jews then gathered around Him, and were saying to Him, “How long will You keep us in suspense? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.” Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father’s name, these testify of Me. But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep.[John 10:24-26] Not everyone is His sheep, and His word has no place in their lives.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are looking at this as if ppl truly deserve being saved my friend. The question shouldn’t be why does God not call all, but why should he call any.

You believe if He calls one, He has to call all, thereby turning grace into obligation.
That's why I keep saying they believe God owes everyone salvation, but they only get what is owed them if they vote themselves into heaven. Just think about that: God owes it to everyone, so Jesus HAD to be crucified...

"You owe us salvation God!!!!" SMH! :(:rolleyes::mad:

Reactions: SovereignGrace

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's why I keep saying they believe God owes everyone salvation, but they only get what is owed them if they vote themselves into heaven. Just think about that: God owes it to everyone, so Jesus HAD to be crucified...

It is a self-centered theology.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When one’s view of man is off, so is their view of God.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually don’t remember where I first heard it called that.

Um. See that Twitter handle on my signature? Of course I say it once in a while under my real Twitter account but you probably blocked me or muted me. :rolleyes:o_O:D

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is not in there? Be specific.
You said: "The Father draws the ones who are elect" by which I assume you mean: "The father only draws the ones who are already chosen from before the world begin for salvation." That's not what John 6 says at all. Jesus spends a lot of time explaining how to become one of his sheep, one of his followers.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said: "The Father draws the ones who are elect" by which I assume you mean: "The father only draws the ones who are already chosen from before the world begin for salvation." That's not what John 6 says at all. Jesus spends a lot of time explaining how to become one of his sheep, one of his followers.
I don't isolate one verse. I was looking at the entire Gospel of John.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are just projecting what you think I believe on me.
Don't tell me what I think, ok? Grace is not merited by belief, but God requires belief. That's his prerogative.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jews then gathered around Him, and were saying to Him, “How long will You keep us in suspense? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.” Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father’s name, these testify of Me. But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep.[John 10:24-26] Not everyone is His sheep, and His word has no place in their lives.
He also explain why they are not his sheep.
"9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved." They did not enter through him, they were trying to jump the fence by doing works.

"Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."

He tells them very clearly how to become one of his. He doesn't say anywhere that they can't become his sheep.
Jesus is being evangelistic, even to people who were openly hostile to him.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are just projecting what you think I believe on me.
Don't tell me what I think, ok? Grace is not merited by belief, but God requires belief. That's his prerogative.
And even belief is a gift of God my friend [John 6:29 & Philippians 1:29].

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He also explain why they are not his sheep.
"9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved." They did not enter through him, they were trying to jump the fence by doing works.

"Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."

He tells them very clearly how to become one of his. He doesn't say anywhere that they can't become his sheep.
Jesus is being evangelistic, even to people who were openly hostile to him.
And it is His sheep who hear His voice and follow Him[John 10:27]. They are the ones who enter through the gate and are saved.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth