My mental status is declining

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe in normal brain problems that cause hallucinations. The mind is a complex thing, I don't believe the normal Christian comprehends that. Many falsely identify schizophrenia as demons.
I know that all my memories are accesable. Better than any computer. Oh what a creation. How hard is 9 words spoken out load with faith. Not all things are demons as some Christians believe, but they are pretty busy these days. Be Blessed dev553344.

Reactions: Debp and dev553344

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have developed severe disabling hallucinating spells that appear to be getting worse over the years. I get them about 6-11 days out of the month and they last for a few hours each. I have to lie down and sleep when they hit. I'm not sure how much longer I will be active.

Sorry to hear this dev. You are lifted up in my prayers.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see a voice coming from out to the left and it accuses me of things I didn't do. But normally the meds take care of any hallucinations. It's just during these episodes that it gets loud.

I keep a journal of each episode, but I don't describe them as confessing the hallucinations always seem to make them worse especially the more descriptive I get.
Dev, if you don't do this already....try meditating on certain comforting Scripture verses. By meditating, I mean you relax and mull over even just one or two verses at a time.

I find a lot of comforting verses in the Psalms.

I would also avoid writing down about the hallucinations. Instead try to think of the lovely, good things in life as we are told to do in Phillipians.

Hopefully this will help your brain to recover more.

• Love
Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dev, if you don't do this already....try meditating on certain comforting Scripture verses. By meditating, I mean you relax and mull over even just one or two verses at a time.

I find a lot of comforting verses in the Psalms.

I would also avoid writing down about the hallucinations. Instead try to think of the lovely, good things in life as we are told to do in Phillipians.

Hopefully this will help your brain to recover more.
Yes thanks, that sounds like a good idea!

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra and Debp

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I keep a journal of each episode, but I don't describe them as confessing the hallucinations always seem to make them worse especially the more descriptive I get.

The doctor said they are caused probably from stress and that trying to work would only aggravate my condition. I tend to agree with him but did notice that they seem to be brought on from physical stress instead of mental.

Oh, i see. I was speaking more of keeping a journal, that was not about the episodes, but rather a general daily account for comparison of something that might trigger an episode.

Thanks for sharing and sorry for the frustrations. Prayers FOR you friend.

God Bess you,
Taken

• Love
Reactions: Debp and dev553344

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Will be praying for you! You have been a blessing in my life dev553344, don't ever forget that. I recommend taking a good brand of Omega-3 fish oil, it can really help with mental health. Omega-3 cannot be made in the body so must be obtained by food or supplement. Can you go to a health store for that? Ask them how much you should take. I take 2 capsules but you might need to only take 1, depending of the strength of the capsule. A B-Complex vitamin supplement is good too and protein along with vegetables. Take care!

Reactions: dev553344 and Debp

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So sorry dev, my sister in law developed this illness when she was 21 , she is now in her 50’s. I hate the illness and what it brings. She has never had respite from the voices, meds just never really worked for her. She is now in a care home and was sectioned quite a few years ago. Hers is paranoid schizophrenia.
I hope you find rest from these episodes as it must be quite distressing , which must raise your stress levels. Do you get any warnings that they are coming ?

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doctors tend to have generalized knowledge - spread across a wide array of illness and medical conditions.

Its common for patients who spend a small amount of time researching their specific conditions to know more than their doctor does.

I would encourage anyone diagnosed with any medical condition to seek and find answers.

It makes it easier to find things like this which might be helpful:

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So sorry dev, my sister in law developed this illness when she was 21 , she is now in her 50’s. I hate the illness and what it brings. She has never had respite from the voices, meds just never really worked for her. She is now in a care home and was sectioned quite a few years ago. Hers is paranoid schizophrenia.
I hope you find rest from these episodes as it must be quite distressing , which must raise your stress levels. Do you get any warnings that they are coming ?
Yes I can tell before it hits, it gives me this brain buzzing and foggy sensation. Sorry to hear about your sister. I did fine for about 20 years on meds and the new med for the spells helps a bit. Will say a prayer for your family.

Reactions: Debp

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will be praying for you! You have been a blessing in my life dev553344, don't ever forget that. I recommend taking a good brand of Omega-3 fish oil, it can really help with mental health. Omega-3 cannot be made in the body so must be obtained by food or supplement. Can you go to a health store for that? Ask them how much you should take. I take 2 capsules but you might need to only take 1, depending of the strength of the capsule. A B-Complex vitamin supplement is good too and protein along with vegetables. Take care!
Thank you, will look into it.

• Love
Reactions: thelord's_pearl

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll pray for you, too. You are about my favorite person here. . You are honest, and refreshing, and if I may say so, rather blunt at times.
I'd be heartbroken if you were gone
Thank you, I enjoy your presence here too!

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have developed severe disabling hallucinating spells that appear to be getting worse over the years. I get them about 6-11 days out of the month and they last for a few hours each. I have to lie down and sleep when they hit. I'm not sure how much longer I will be active.
Ever tried b-vitamin niacin (vitamin B 3) as a therapy for schizophrenia?
It has helped many with this condition friend.
Dr. Abram Hoffer treated 5000 patients with niacin B 3, for hallucinations.

Read up on this Dr. Abram Hoffer's treatment for schizophrenia.

I am praying for you dev553344!!!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever tried b-vitamin niacin (vitamin B 3) as a therapy for schizophrenia?
It has helped many with this condition friend.
Dr. Abram Hoffer treated 5000 patients with niacin B 3, for hallucinations.

Read up on this Dr. Abram Hoffer's treatment for schizophrenia.

I am praying for you dev553344!!!
I already take B-vitamins. Thanks for your prayers.

Reactions: Debp

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already take B-vitamins. Thanks for your prayers.
What dosage of vitamin B-3 are you taking?
Those with schizophrenia need mega doses of niacin.

Please read Dr. Abram Hoffer's protocol for schizophrenia friend.
Praying for you

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What dosage of vitamin B-3 are you taking?
Those with schizophrenia need mega doses of niacin.

Please read Dr. Abram Hoffer's protocol for schizophrenia friend.
Praying for you
I'm definitely not taking super high doses of anything. I don't see that as wise. I read an article on people that treat themselves with high doses of things and they can do real damage to themselves.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful