My old time pastor

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's gone now and has been for a few years. He was pastor of the church we started attending not long after I was saved and then baptized in the Holy Spirit a couple of weeks later. I never knew what was happening to me at the time since I was not going to any church and no one was witnessing to me. Jesus came Himself and brought down my heart. Thank Him for evermore.

Ezekiel 34:10-12 (NKJV)
10 Thus says the Lord God: "Behold, I am against the shepherds, and I will require My flock at their hand; I will cause them to cease feeding the sheep, and the shepherds shall feed themselves no more; for I will deliver My flock from their mouths, that they may no longer be food for them."
11 'For thus says the Lord God: "Indeed I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out.
12 As a shepherd seeks out his flock on the day he is among his scattered sheep, so will I seek out My sheep and deliver them from all the places where they were scattered on a cloudy and dark day.

I only know of a few but Jesus still comes and saves the lost sheep Himself. Others Pray. It was strange getting saved and having no idea what to what had happened. Then He baptized me in the Holy Spirit and I began to speak in a language that made no sense to me. I was amazed and had no idea what it was. Only after I began to dig into the Bible did I find what it all meant and after forty years this fall I'm still learning.

Back to our pastor. After finding this wonderful church we couldn't get enough. It was 1977 and a great move of God was sweeping across America. We saw many miracles there including our own of having children after 14 years without. That's a long other story though.

I have fond remembrances of brother Gene dancing on the piano. If I'd been through what he had and gotten the miracle he got I'd have been up on that thing dancing too.

Below is a link to his actual testimony on the Sid Roth program. He tells it much better than I. My wife and I miss those wonderful days and that anointed meeting place. Gene and his wife Nancy are with God in heaven now but we'll all be together again with friends and loved ones. We were privileged to know gene and see what we saw. Amen

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So COOL! I can relate. For me it was after a Sunday evening church service and downstairs where everybody congregated afterwards. I was not much of a talker having nothing "important" to say so I sat on a chair and openned my Bible to a place somewhere in the NT where Jesus said something about being the wat, the truth and the light. And those who believed I. Him would have Eternal Life. I contemplated what the Catholic priests taught in the 1960s and after a momentary, intellectual wrestling match I decided that the words of a sinless person trumped those of individuals who had sinned. Thus I found myself going through the experience of being born again, in the middle of all those Christians. It had to be noticeable I thought. But NO. All those Christians around me just kept on talking among themselves and noticing nothing about my experience. I would not have listened if somebody tried to evengelise to me. I was warned about Jehovah's Witnesses, and cultists who would love to ensnare me. So somebody evengelising to me would have aroused my suspicions. It is many years later and I realise that many Christians would not want me around them because I am bisexual. As far as their narrow minds are concerned I just HAVE to be sexually active with those of my own gender. But again, as I was writing the above I four d myself asking a similar question: do I want the love of such Christians who have committed sins of their own, or the love of Jesus who never sinned and knows my heart. Jesus becomes the answer again. He knows better then many Christians the difference between sexual sin of those of both sexual orientations and blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. And with my lack of ability to trust others sex is not an activity that is high on my list of needs. So time to seek out the love of Jesus, the sinless Son of God then that of Christians who don't have the mind of Jesus and want to equate all homosexuals as being no different from blasphemers of the Holy Spirit. I need Jesus more then those kinds of Christians. What a Savior, what a friend is Jesus to those who love HIM.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen brother...good testimony...keep hold of His hand all the way Home.

Reactions: DicipleofJesus