My Sister Wants to Become an Atheist and Run Away Because My Mother, My Father and I (Brother) are Christian

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I prayed to the Lord to fight against this slander. We had our suspicions, but this confirms it. My mother has now confirmed today, this moment, that my sister’s friends are talking about doing hardcore drugs, weed and cocaine. My sister is a minor, below 18, and they tried to get her to drink alcohol, which is dangerous, since getting intoxicated could potentially lead to sexually assault. I didn’t want to reveal these details until it was confirmed, because this is very serious. This is the road to destruction. Literally. Because they drive in dangerous road conditions.

She stayed with the friend group because she has a crush on a boy, but she discovered the boy talks about doing extreme drugs like cocaine, this is the illegal criminal behaviour I was talking about. Her heart is crushed, she’s cried about it, waking my mother up late at night for many days. I’ve sat next to her, as she’s cried, offering her Bible verses of support. My sister is incredibly thankful for our support, our loving “rebuke” of her behaviour. Even though she doesn’t believe all the Bible is true, she says she believes in the verses I showed her about love. It has truly hurt my heart that so many people online continue to falsely accuse my family of being abusive. Please stop slandering us my friends :( I forgive you all though, no matter how much hurtful things people say. My family members are amongst the most gentlest, supportive, caring people I know!

Another one of these friends, who knows about my sister’s crush, has taunted and mocked my sister. She laid her head on his lap and did other secret things with him. She’s tried to stalk and find out where his home address his. We’re worried she’ll find where we live and where she might physically harm us out of jealousy. Or she could potentially poison the food they eat. My sister says she is traumatized. We must protect her, it’s our family duty, this is TRUE kindness my friends! We love my sister and rebuke her feelings of self-doubt towards herself. She deserves so SO MUCH better <3. Even to those “friends” who have traumatized my sister, I forgive them.

Original Post Below

My Mother, My Father and I (Brother) Rebuke My Sister Who's Become an Atheist. It was around 10:00 PM today, February 11th 2023. Usually we have a family dinner, but instead, my sister has been partying with her friends late at night multiple times a week for multiple weeks. She’s lied about it, saying she’s doing something else when she’s really partying. She’s really smart academically, but we fear she may neglect her studies. We all talked about the Bible with her, days on end, hours on end, but we’ve just discovered that she now rejects it. :( My Mother, My Father and I, the Brother, are all Christian. So this is a great shame ☹ She said that she wants to run away! I had my suspicions, but this confirms it sadly. My mother will confront her friends and her parents about their behaviour tomorrow, since she knows where they are. My family humbly asks you all for your prayers during these trying times. Prayers to help my sister believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone and be saved, so the Holy Spirit can go inside of her and so she can, after salvation, be truly capable of doing good works that are seen as righteous before the Lord.

Proverbs 10:17 Whoever heeds instruction is on the path to life, but he who rejects reproof leads others astray.

My sister told me to “shush” and “be quiet” when quoting Bible verses out of love and kindness. I will not stop loving her, even when I rebuke her, I will never stop showing her kindness my friend.

Here is what I said to her aloud, at this moment.

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 15:32 Whoever ignores instruction despises himself, but he who listens to reproof gains intelligence.

This is true intelligence, the Bible! My sister is very smart, academically so, however, I wish to also show her wisdom through the Holy Scriptures.

Proverbs 30:17 The eye that mocks a father and scorns to obey a mother will be picked out by the ravens of the valley and eaten by the vultures.

My mother and I were rebuking my sister because she lied to us, the family. She said she was doing one thing, but was really doing another.

Proverbs 3:1-2 My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you.

If she listens to us, her life will be extended, but if she does not listen to use, her life will be shortened.

Ephesians 4:26-27 Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and give no opportunity to the devil.

Her friends have been a very bad influence on her! They are making her go out late, when it’s very dark out, putting her in danger, making her go on the bus alone at night from a far away residential area. And they keep trying to get her to go to these parties! My mother and I are worried that this will cause her to neglect her studies, because she has very good grades, but if she doesn’t study, she may not do well academically moving forward. She reminds me of the Prodigal son at this moment. She has intelligence, but she lacks wisdom. Wisdom comes from the Lord! It comes from life experience that comes with age.

That was a good session. I’m glad that I could show her the Bible before this world is destroyed. When will that happen? Who knows. But you never know when your life could be destroyed, by natural cause, or something else. But the fact that so many young people are now becoming more disobedient to their parents, is a great shame. To me, this is a sign that the end will come!

2 Timothy 3:1-5 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

She repeatedly insulted us, so I blessed her in return, and I told her the Bible truth. And what shocked me is she said, and this is an exact quote “The Bible is not fact”. WHAT!??!?! The Bible is TRUE. That’s the TRUTH.

Ephesians 1:9-10: God's "purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time,"

She also said that she wants to live her life the way she wants (a sinful lifestyle of lying). She said that she is against converting people to Christianity. WHAT?!?!?!? The Bible COMMANDS us to convert everyone to Christianity, because eventually everyone will come to Christ! Book of Mark tells us to spread the Gospel! And my father came in and said that what I was saying is true as well. We must honor our father and mother! We must obey their good teachings!

Deuteronomy 5:16 Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may go well with you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

The problem is that she is against being rebuked, being disciplined. For me, I welcome discipline with open arms, because it helps transform me into a better person! He who is wise loves discipline, but he who hates reproof is a fool! We also rebuked her yesterday for lying. Thus, tomorrow, my mother will go to her friends house and confront them, the friends if they are there, and the parents, and tell them to stop being a bad influence on my sister, who is my friend! I pray that my sister understands that, me, as her brother, her mother and her father, we are all Christian, and we love and care about her. Christian Universalism gives me great joy because it shows that eventually, she will be saved! This gives me great joy my friends :D

I told my sister the Gospel truth, finally. I said something along the lines of. Jesus is God, He lived a perfect life, He died on the cross and resurrected 3 days later. Thus you must believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone to be washed of all your sins. Thus, the Holy Spirit will dwell within you permanently. And Christ shall be all in all (reference to the Victorious Gospel at the end).

LAMENTATIONS 3:31-33 For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though he may punish cruelly, yet he will have compassion in the fullness of his love; he does not willingly afflict or punish any mortal man.

I rebuked my mother when she promoted spanking, aka corporeal punishment, since that’s physical abuse that brings a child to anger, which the Lord is against. “Sebet” in the Bible, from the Rod verse, refers to a Shepard’s Rod, a Shepard’s Staff, that’s used to move sheep, you don’t hit sheep! Physically hitting your child provokes your child to anger, which the Lord commands us NOT to do! We are to rebuke her with the Words of God, we discipline her by preventing her from going out with bad crowds, we train by confronting her friends and rebuking them as well! And luckily, my mother understands this, as I showed her the original Hebrew word on Biblehub and outlined the verses, and how they’re used to describe like sceptres of tribal leaders. I love my mother very deeply, and I love her teachings, so I’m glad she could learn more about this truth too.

Ephesians 6:1-4 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: St. SteVen

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was the only Christian in my family and my son was an atheist, I never rebuked him as he was an adult. I talked with him, told him when I thought his decisions in life were wrong but loved him unconditionally through so many things, and I prayed for him. I couldn’t force him to accept Christ, I couldn’t make him do anything. I did use to argue with him , but then I started to listen and we talked. The truth of what I believed Came through in those conversations, and I continued to pray. He came to faith last year at the age of 28. He had been into drink, smoking, taking drugs in his younger years, many things I didn’t agree with, same with his older two brothers and sister…..I pray , speak when I feel it’s right and love them all unconditionally. It doesn’t make for an easy path to walk, it’s hard when everyone around you has different beliefs and attitudes but the Lord gave me the grace to cope.

Obviously we are all different in how we do things but from my own experience forcing someone to come to faith will often make them turn away.……

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not think that God would want religion to be a dividing force for families.

True religion brings unity.

False religion divides.

Your sister's motives and reasons for wanting to become an atheist are important.

What can atheism offer her, that christianity cannot?

If she cannot be honest about her reasons and motives for it. Then it may quickly become apparent that she is lying and being dishonest with herself. Perhaps even she cannot admit the real reasons and motives behind it.

In which case, the only thing you might be able to do is to try to respect her choices in life and show her compassion. Even if you disagree with them. Even if you know they will probably end badly due to them based on lies and deceptions which the devil uses to deceive us and influence us into making the wrong choices.

Maybe it will be a learning experience for her, which will bring her closer to God.

Maybe it won't.

But I think it is important for people to be able to make their own choices and live with the results. They should have that freedom if nothing else. Judging them negatively for their choices is pointless, unless it actually carries a potential to help or improve things.

Last edited:

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My Mother, My Father and I (Brother) Rebuke My Sister Who's Become an Atheist. It was around 10:00 PM today, February 11th 2023. Usually we have a family dinner, but instead, my sister has been partying with her friends late at night multiple times a week for multiple weeks. She’s lied about it, saying she’s doing something else when she’s really partying. She’s really smart academically, but we fear she may neglect her studies. We all talked about the Bible with her, days on end, hours on end, but we’ve just discovered that she now rejects it. :( My Mother, My Father and I, the Brother, are all Christian. So this is a great shame ☹ She said that she wants to run away! I had my suspicions, but this confirms it sadly. My mother will confront her friends and her parents about their behaviour tomorrow, since she knows where they are. My family humbly asks you all for your prayers during these trying times. Prayers to help my sister believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone and be saved, so the Holy Spirit can go inside of her and so she can, after salvation, be truly capable of doing good works that are seen as righteous before the Lord.

Proverbs 10:17 Whoever heeds instruction is on the path to life, but he who rejects reproof leads others astray.

My sister told me to “shush” and “be quiet” when quoting Bible verses out of love and kindness. I will not stop loving her, even when I rebuke her, I will never stop showing her kindness my friend.

Here is what I said to her aloud, at this moment.

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 15:32 Whoever ignores instruction despises himself, but he who listens to reproof gains intelligence.

This is true intelligence, the Bible! My sister is very smart, academically so, however, I wish to also show her wisdom through the Holy Scriptures.

Proverbs 30:17 The eye that mocks a father and scorns to obey a mother will be picked out by the ravens of the valley and eaten by the vultures.

My mother and I were rebuking my sister because she lied to us, the family. She said she was doing one thing, but was really doing another.

Proverbs 3:1-2 My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you.

If she listens to us, her life will be extended, but if she does not listen to use, her life will be shortened.

Ephesians 4:26-27 Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and give no opportunity to the devil.

We rebuke her in righteousness!

Her friends have been a very bad influence on her! They are making her go out late, when it’s very dark out, putting her in danger, making her go on the bus alone at night from a far away residential area. And they keep trying to get her to go to these parties! My mother and I are worried that this will cause her to neglect her studies, because she has very good grades, but if she doesn’t study, she may not do well academically moving forward. She reminds me of the Prodigal son at this moment. She has intelligence, but she lacks wisdom. Wisdom comes from the Lord! It comes from life experience that comes with age.

That was a good session. I’m glad that I could show her the Bible before this world is destroyed. When will that happen? Who knows. But you never know when your life could be destroyed, by natural cause, or something else. But the fact that so many young people are now becoming more disobedient to their parents, is a great shame. To me, this is a sign that the end will come!

2 Timothy 3:1-5 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

She repeatedly insulted us, so I blessed her in return, and I told her the Bible truth. And what shocked me is she said, and this is an exact quote “The Bible is not fact”. WHAT!??!?! The Bible is TRUE. That’s the TRUTH.

Ephesians 1:9-10: God's "purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time,"

She also said that she wants to live her life the way she wants (a sinful lifestyle of lying). She said that she is against converting people to Christianity. WHAT?!?!?!? The Bible COMMANDS us to convert everyone to Christianity, because eventually everyone will come to Christ! Book of Mark tells us to spread the Gospel! And my father came in and said that what I was saying is true as well. We must honor our father and mother! We must obey their good teachings!

Exodus 20:12 Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

Deuteronomy 5:16 Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may go well with you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

The problem is that she is against being rebuked, being disciplined. For me, I welcome discipline with open arms, because it helps transform me into a better person! He who is wise loves discipline, but he who hates reproof is a fool! We also rebuked her yesterday for lying. Thus, tomorrow, my mother will go to her friends house and confront them, the friends if they are there, and the parents, and tell them to stop being a bad influence on my sister, who is my friend! I pray that my sister understands that, me, as her brother, her mother and her father, we are all Christian, and we love and care about her. Christian Universalism gives me great joy because it shows that eventually, she will be saved! This gives me great joy my friends :D

I told my sister the Gospel truth, finally. I said something along the lines of. Jesus is God, He lived a perfect life, He died on the cross and resurrected 3 days later. Thus you must believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone to be washed of all your sins. Thus, the Holy Spirit will dwell within you permanently. And Christ shall be all in all (reference to the Victorious Gospel at the end).

LAMENTATIONS 3:31-33 For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though he may punish cruelly, yet he will have compassion in the fullness of his love; he does not willingly afflict or punish any mortal man.

I rebuked my mother when she promoted spanking, aka corporeal punishment, since that’s physical abuse that brings a child to anger, which the Lord is against. “Sebet” in the Bible, from the Rod verse, refers to a Shepard’s Rod, a Shepard’s Staff, that’s used to move sheep, you don’t hit sheep! Physically hitting your child provokes your child to anger, which the Lord commands us NOT to do! We are to rebuke her with the Words of God, we discipline her by preventing her from going out with bad crowds, we train by confronting her friends and rebuking them as well! And luckily, my mother understands this, as I showed her the original Hebrew word on Biblehub and outlined the verses, and how they’re used to describe like sceptres of tribal leaders. I love my mother very deeply, and I love her teachings, so I’m glad she could learn more about this truth too.

Ephesians 6:1-4 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

As well, I remember mentioning earlier on that my mother wasn’t saved, that was speculation. Same with my sister’s salvation. Of course, I don’t know for sure about anyone’s salvation status so to speak really, that’s on God, because it’s with faith alone in Jesus Christ in which we are saved. However, when I talked to her, she agreed with the Gospel I had said to my sister and said that my sister must pray for the Holy Spirit to come inside of her. Even though this was an intense conflict, I feel grateful for it, because it’s with these troubles that the Lord transforms people. I’ve prayed long and hard for this day to come! And so many miracles happened all at once, things I wanted to say, but couldn’t find the opportunity to say. And I’m posting this because, we have rebuked her privately many many times before, yet she continues to sin. As such, this post will serve as a warning to those too. I say these words with kindness and love my friends. As well, to all the people on these forums, you have my great thanks! Having the opportunity to talk more about the Bible, Christianity, the TRUTH, has made me be more Christ-like in every area of my life, and has helped me help others. So truly, thank you my friends :D

1 Timothy 5:20 As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear.

Titus 1:13 This testimony is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith,

ZEPHANIAH 2:11 The Lord will be awesome to them when he destroys all the gods of the land. The nations on every shore will worship him, every one in its own land.
You say:
“My Mother, My Father and I (Brother) Rebuke My Sister Who's Become an Atheist.”

Doesn’t sound like she’s an atheist . . . Just running for refuge from the evil control-freak religion you have revealed!

Not a single word about unconditional love and forgiveness, the foundation of what Christianity is all about. A good place for YOU to start. It’s not easy. It takes a whole lot of work and determination.

If you are concerned about your sister, start by cleaning up your own act first! Then approach her with LOVE!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You don't mention your sister's age. Apparently you all live together in the same house. How old are you? Is she younger than yourself?

No one was ever Bible bashed into the faith. It has to be in their heart to want to be a follower of Jesus.
Jesus just gave people his message and allowed his words to reach their heart. If it didn't, he did not chase after them, but let them come to their own conclusions. He loved them into the faith with his kindness and compassion.....
It seems as if hammering her with the Bible is just causing brain damage....

If she is a minor, then some parental restraint is desirable, but if she is of age, then as a legal adult, she must make her own choices.
Her age is the thing that determines what should happen....but I know that Bible bashing her will just drive her away.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I never rebuked him as he was an adult. I talked with him, told him when I thought his decisions in life were wrong but loved him unconditionally through so many things, and I prayed for him.
Ah I see. I pray that your relationship with your son is in good health my friend Rita. When I say rebuke, I use the Greek term elegchó which is related to reprimanding, correcting, disciplining, as in, showing that the decisions someone is doing in life is wrong. We've warned her many times before, but she's literally endangering her life with these decisions, my whole family agrees. So we rebuke her with love and kindness :) Because we're very very worried that something bad might happen to her, which we don't want.

1 Corinthians 16:14 Do everything in love.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
FALSE! Stan B the words you say are foolish. I say this with kindness. Because God tells us that those who love rebuke are wise, but those who hate reproof are not wise. I mention in there that we tell her love and kindness. We tell her the Gospel, the Jesus Christ saves everyone, Christian Universalism. That Jesus Christ came and died for our sins, to believe in Him and have all of our sins washed away.

Ecclesiastes 7:5 It is better to listen to the rebuke of a wise man
Than for one to listen to the song of fools.

"Doesn't sound like she's an atheist?" She literally said "The Bible is not fact" my friend. She falsely says that God's word is not truthful and not good!" She endangers her life, she lies to her whole family, she insults us and the whole time, we show her love, and we tell her that she is on the road of destruction. And yet, Stan B, you wish to lead my sister on the road of destruction! Your teachings lead to the road of destruction, I say this with kindness.

John 14:15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

We care about her. The Bible tells us to honor our father and our mother. The Bible tells us not to lie. If someone is in front of train and is about to get hit by it you push them off! Yet, you say that we should let her get hit by the train? Stan B, why do you promote the Devil causing wrath to people? I say this with love my friend. Satan is very tricky, and she is holding our sister hostage, unfortunately. So we are saving her, because we have a very bad feeling something bad will happen.

Revelation 3:19
Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Attraction is more powerful than promotion.
This is true! Of course, I love her, I do not wish for anything bad to happen for her, so my whole family, we warn her of the road of destruction that she is on. So hopefully she can see our example and be convinced eventually that love never fails!

Proverbs 1:23 “Turn to my reproof,
Behold, I will pour out my spirit on you;
I will make my words known to you.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus gave people his message
Jesus gave people his message and he rebuked demons, he rebuked what is evil, my friend, I tell this with love.

Hebrews 12:6
For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.”

Jesus is the load and He disciplines the one who he loves. Thus, if you hate someone, you do not discipline her. We love her therefore we discipline her. My family has trained her, in kindness and love, which has allowed her to do well academically. Looking at other families, it's clear that there are MANY parents who do not care about their children and simply let them do whatever they want, drugs, crimes, bad friends, etc. It's a great shame! Essentially, those parents HATE their children because they don't protect them. We offer her protection. My parents have rebuked me in the same way as her, and look, I love the Lord.
Hebrews 12:10 For they disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness.

They are extremely kind people, some of the nicest people I've ever met in my life! And it's truly sickening how so many people in this thread are slandering them, and painting this horrible picture on them. I love them more than my friends outside my family! They've comforted me when I cried, they were there for me for wisdom. And we do this same thing with her.
Ephesians 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

I am not surprised though. There are many very evil people in this world. People who commit horrible crimes against children and wish for the destruction of people. Those people are like their Father, who is the Devil. I've met people who physically abuse their children, which I am completely against, those people are evil. Those who let children wander around at night and the children get kidnapped and have horrible things happen to them. We live in a very very dangerous world! There are so many criminals out in the world who want to destroy, and some of those evil people use the Internet.
Proverbs 27:5 Better is open rebuke than hidden love.

Therefore, I rebuke all the people in this thread who are against rebuke! Just as the Lord rebukes everyone who He loves! This is TRUE LOVE.
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FALSE! Stan B the words you say are foolish. I say this with kindness. Because God tells us that those who love rebuke are wise, but those who hate reproof are not wise. I mention in there that we tell her love and kindness. We tell her the Gospel, the Jesus Christ saves everyone, Christian Universalism. That Jesus Christ came and died for our sins, to believe in Him and have all of our sins washed away.

Ecclesiastes 7:5 It is better to listen to the rebuke of a wise man
Than for one to listen to the song of fools.

"Doesn't sound like she's an atheist?" She literally said "The Bible is not fact" my friend. She falsely says that God's word is not truthful and not good!" She endangers her life, she lies to her whole family, she insults us and the whole time, we show her love, and we tell her that she is on the road of destruction. And yet, Stan B, you wish to lead my sister on the road of destruction! Your teachings lead to the road of destruction, I say this with kindness.

We care about her. The Bible tells us to honor our father and our mother. The Bible tells us not to lie. If someone is in front of train and is about to get hit by it you push them off! Yet, you say that we should let her get hit by the train? Stan B, why do you promote the Devil causing wrath to people? I say this with love my friend. Satan is very tricky, and she is holding our sister hostage, unfortunately. So we are saving her, because we have a very bad feeling something bad will happen.

Revelation 3:19
Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.
Hello brother,
First I would say that "everyone" will NOT be saved. And, if you really believe that then, what more do you think you can do, especially if as you say, "everyone" will be saved? That is a lie from the pits of hell...If everyone is going to be saved, why bother? And, you CANNOT save anyone, you can pray for that and you can live your lives as Jesus did.
Jesus spoke way more of Hell and damnation than He did the Kingdom of God. Please do not just let this ride, please look further and ask God to show you the truth. There is zero "universalism" when it comes to God. We are either saved (or being saved) or we are not. Cannot have one foot in the world and one in Heaven. Doesn't work that way.
I pray for your sister as well as ALL of you to see this hard truth.
God bless, keep and open eyes.

Reactions: Stan B and TLHKAJ

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We tell her the Gospel, the Jesus Christ saves everyone, Christian Universalism. That Jesus Christ came and died for our sins, to believe in Him and have all of our sins washed away.
You don't seem to see the contradiction in what you are saying....if everyone is saved....as @Nancy says...why bother?
If Christ died for her sins then what is there to fear? You already believe that she is saved.
She falsely says that God's word is not truthful and not good!" She endangers her life, she lies to her whole family, she insults us and the whole time, we show her love, and we tell her that she is on the road of destruction
If she says those things, then she is not a Christian, and no amount of Bible bashing will turn her into one.

You didn't mention her age, which, if she is a minor, the approach would be a little different to the approach you would take with an adult.
If you keep telling her, battering her with negative words, it will just fuel her hatred of the Christian faith.

Did you never read the parable of the Prodigal Son? What did the father of this son do when he wanted to leave home and take his inheritance to squander it on an immoral life? Did the father brow beat him with scripture? Did he berate him and tell him he was on the road to destruction? NO!!! The father gave him his whole inheritance, and let him go and do what his heart desired, because the son had to come to the right conclusion on his own.
The life lesson, when he hit rock bottom, worked better than all the verbal bashing he could have given him. It takes wisdom and patience to turn things around.....and some people cannot be told.....they have to experience the consequences of their own actions and the pain that goes with it. This is what God did in Eden......his children couldn't be told either, so he turned them out of their comfortable circumstances and let them experience what life was like on their own.....without him. Tough love isn't always just vocal.
Satan is very tricky, and she is holding our sister hostage, unfortunately. So we are saving her, because we have a very bad feeling something bad will happen.
He definitely is....but he is holding the majority of mankind hostage, (1 John 5:19) which is why God is allowing all of us to make our decisions before he steps in to finish the lesson....soon now by all accounts. Where we stand on that day of judgment will determine where we will spend eternity.
Jesus gave people his message and he rebuked demons, he rebuked what is evil,
You can rebuke the evil, but you have to allow this girl to be who she chooses to be (if she is an adult).....regardless of the outcome, because you cannot force anyone to be a Christian. It has to come from their own heart. She will find out soon enough what real friends should be like....ones who look after each other, not those who live on the wild side, doing everything that God condemns, and watching their friend get hurt in the process.
Hebrews 12:6
For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.”
If your sister is deliberately doing what she knows is wrong, then how does Jesus view her.....in his entire ministry, all he ever did was offer his truth to "the lost sheep of the house of Israel" because these were the ones he was sent to.....if they refused to listen, or did nothing to alter their course, he never once chased after anyone.....demanding that they repent....and threatening them with hell if they didn't......do you know why? (John 6:44, 65)

Jesus chastised their shepherds for their neglect of those 'lost ones', showing in his parables what a real shepherd should do.

So, do you know why John the Baptist was sent ahead of Jesus to "prepare the way"? What was he preparing?...."hearts" to receive Jesus' message......the majority did not accept him as Messiah, believing instead the lies told about him by their religious leaders. Those are the ones Jesus held accountable for the poor spiritual condition of the people.
He said..."
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you shut up the Kingdom of the heavens before men; for you yourselves do not go in, neither do you permit those on their way in to go in. . . . .
15 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you travel over sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one, you make him a subject for Ge·henʹna twice as much so as yourselves. . . . . “Serpents, offspring of vipers, how will you flee from the judgment of Ge·henʹna?"

If God is the one "drawing" right hearted ones, (John 6:44) then no amount of berating will bring anyone to the right conclusions.

I say this also in love.....

Reactions: Nancy

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that she is against being rebuked, being disciplined.
From my perspective, that's not the problem. She wants to be accepted for who she is.
She can move forward from there.

If she's breaking house rules with the partying, then you need to enforce the rules or modify the rules for her.
Lying would be expected if partying is against the rules.

You are at a fork in the road.
What will the consequence of your response be to her and you?
Which of the two destinations from the fork in the road will you choose?

• Angry
Reactions: Stan B

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe she wants her life to be shortened. Anything to get away from you. (and bulldozer Christianity)

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If she's breaking house rules with the partying, then you enforce the rules
My friend, I say these words with kindness. We have established house rules telling her that she is not allowed to go to these dangerous parties. Because they are far away at night time when it's very dark in areas where there's a lot of crimes with bad crowds. Her friends have abandoned her in the middle of nowhere, at bus stops, expecting her to go home in areas filled with criminals.

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fails

Proverbs 13:1 A wise son hears his father's instruction, but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke.

We let her go to regular parties, hang out with ordinary people. But the people she wants to go with for these parties specifically are engaging in very reckless, dangerous behavior. So, we are protecting her safety out of love and kindness. We forgive her for all she's done. We always tell her how much she's loved and valued. But these "friends" she hangs out with, this dangerous crowd specifically, they don't value her at all! She's getting emotionally manipulated by this bad crowd.

Ephesians 4:2 With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love,

We have helped her study, we've gone on trips outside with her, laughing and having fun. She's even admitted to us that she's sorry for lying, and we forgive her, and we love her. And she's admitted that her behavior is bad, but she feels peer pressure to keep going on these dangerous outings, and she's cried to us about how her friends are taking advantage of her!

So my friends in this thread, when you say things about our family, know this. My sister admits what she's done is wrong and she has come to us requesting our help. She's realized more and more how our love for her will never end. That's why we rebuke her, because she asks for our rebuke. That's why she feels comfortable being honest about her feelings, about not believing the Bible is fact. She thought she would get kicked out of the house for saying that, but we reassured her that we will let her stay :) Because even though we're a Christian household, we love her.

Romans 13:8 Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.

That's why, I say to my friends in this thread, we truly are helping her. She has honestly said that she doesn't know how to tell her friends "no" when going out. She feels forced to do these dangerous things with her friends, so we are freeing her. That's what I mean about the road of destruction. They drive around in dangerous road conditions, and potentially don't focus on the road. They almost could have gotten into a car accident and got killed! They run around on the streets, putting themselves at risk for criminals to attack them. And my sister doesn't want to be forced to hang out with these friends, but she doesn't know how to stop.

Colossians 3:14 And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.

So we've comforted her when she's cried about her friends! She's crying about her friends bad behavior! She feels this need to go with them all the time, to try to help them, but we're telling her that she's getting burnt out. And she feels this need to run away with her friends because she's worried about them too. But for us, as her family, we prioritize her safety first. We tell her "We love you, and you've told your friends what you've said, so just leave it as that".

Leviticus 19:17 “You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him.

So that's what I mean when I say rebuke. My friends in this thread, I love you all, so I tell you this truth. I wish I could give more details, but I wish to protect my families privacy, however when I say dangerous I truly mean dangerous. I'm really downplaying the dangers she has.

1 Corinthians 16:14 Let all that you do be done in love.

So my friends in this thread, I forgive you all, even though there are those of you who slander my family. She has come to us for help, willingly, asking for support, and we rebuke her, and she admits what she has done is wrong, and we forgive her. That is true love my friends! :D She has said that because of our kindness and supports, she feels less peer pressure to always go out with her friends.

Romans 12:9 Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.

Here's what she admits. When she hangs out with this friend group, she feels alone! Everyone's talking, but her, she's off alone, just watching these friends talk with each other. She has honestly told this to us. Another reason why I call them a "bad crowd". Not only do they not respect my sister, but they also try to force her to do dangerous activity like things that she's not comfortable with. Meanwhile, when she's with her family, everyone's talking to her, we're all having fun, mother, father, sister, brother. But with her friends, they just use her. It's a great shame how she's emotionally abused by her friends.

So no matter what people say on this thread, we will never stop loving her! This is the definition of rebuking with love! Telling her she's valued, with love and kindness, by us, far more than her friends, who take advantage of her. Hopefully that clarifies most of the situation, because there's many people on this thread who assume our family acts one way, when really it's another. And they are rebuking an assumption.

1 John 4:7-8 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

And it's interesting, because I agree with many of what you have all said, in terms of rebuking a controlling malicious family, like r/raisedbynarcissists, flying monkeys, emotional abusers, etc. But, my friends, that's not what my family is. So, it is good that all of you are rebuking evil families, that impose extreme legalistic rules, that abuse people like fundamentalists, I also rebuke those families my friends! But that is not my family. I wish to tell you all that out of truth. So, even though this is technically just quoting St Steven's post, this is a message to everyone else on this thread. I've read your posts, and they hurt my heart. The words you have said really hurt, because of how dishonest some of them are :( How woeful the Internet can be sometimes, It can be hard to describe situations with mere words, so people always assume the worst and start attacking. My family members are the nicest, gentlest, kindest people I have ever met. Much more joyful and open and accepting then the vast majority of other people I have met in the world. They are my emotional support net, they are my kindness, my shield, just like how the Lord is my strength and my song. And my sister sees our family the same way, because she has told us this. I have so many happy memories with them, over just regular friends. And my sister agrees. We celebrate Christmas with each other, laughing and smiling with each other. And my sister wishes that we could form more memories with each other, of these happy times, but she feels forced to go with her friends. :(

Romans 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

We've watched movies together, theorizing about plots and laughing, cheering. We've played sports, like tennis with each other. We do this things, because we enjoy being with each other! We talk for ours on end, we react to the news with each other. She has group projects, and we help her with her feelings. We collaborate on assignments. We work together, having fun together. The happiest moments in my life have been with our family. I've talked to my mom on the phone and someone said "Wow, it sounds like you're talking to a friend", but that's really my mom! And my sister talks to my mom the same way. :D

John 15:12 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

So my friends in this thread, love never fails! Even though there are those among you who may slander my family, know this, we will never stop creating fun and happy memories with my sister :D All the people in this thread may want to bring my family down, but I say to you all kindly and gently, we will never stop supporting each other through tough times. It's like the Lord, even though rebuke lasts a moment, respect and good tidings lasts permanently after! <3

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Part of the original post that I had to edit off here: As well, I remember mentioning earlier on that my mother wasn’t saved, that was speculation. Same with my sister’s salvation. Of course, I don’t know for sure about anyone’s salvation status so to speak really, that’s on God, because it’s with faith alone in Jesus Christ in which we are saved. However, when I talked to her, she agreed with the Gospel I had said to my sister and said that my sister must pray for the Holy Spirit to come inside of her. Even though this was an intense conflict, I feel grateful for it, because it’s with these troubles that the Lord transforms people. I’ve prayed long and hard for this day to come! And so many miracles happened all at once, things I wanted to say, but couldn’t find the opportunity to say. And I’m posting this because, we have rebuked her privately many many times before, yet she continues to sin. As such, this post will serve as a warning to those too. I say these words with kindness and love my friends. As well, to all the people on these forums, you have my great thanks! Having the opportunity to talk more about the Bible, Christianity, the TRUTH, has made me be more Christ-like in every area of my life, and has helped me help others. So truly, thank you my friends :D

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
UPDATE Feb 13 2023: I prayed to the Lord to fight against this slander my family and I have received on this board. We had our suspicions, but this confirms it. My mother has now confirmed today, this moment, that my sister’s friends are talking about doing hardcore drugs, weed and cocaine. My sister is a minor, below 18, and they tried to get her to drink alcohol, which is dangerous, since getting intoxicated could potentially lead to sexually assault. I didn’t want to reveal these details until it was confirmed, because this is very serious. This is the road to destruction. Literally. Because they drive in dangerous road conditions.

She stayed with the friend group because she has a crush on a boy, but she discovered the boy talks about doing extreme drugs like cocaine, this is the illegal criminal behaviour I was talking about. Her heart is crushed, she’s cried about it, waking my mother up late at night for many days. I’ve sat next to her, as she’s cried, offering her Bible verses of support. My sister is incredibly thankful for our support, our loving “rebuke” of her behaviour. Even though she doesn’t believe all the Bible is true, she says she believes in the verses I showed her about love. It has truly hurt my heart that so many people online continue to falsely accuse my family of being abusive. Please stop slandering us my friends :( I forgive you all though, no matter how much hurtful things people say. My family members are amongst the most gentlest, supportive, caring people I know!

Another one of these friends, who knows about my sister’s crush, has taunted and mocked my sister. She laid her head on his lap and did other secret things with him. She’s tried to stalk and find out where his home address his. We’re worried she’ll find where we live and where she might physically harm us out of jealousy. Or she could potentially poison the food they eat. My sister says she is traumatized. We must protect her, it’s our family duty, this is TRUE kindness my friends! We love my sister and rebuke her feelings of self-doubt towards herself. She deserves so SO MUCH better <3. Even to those “friends” who have traumatized my sister, I forgive them.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Update time again. Hope everyone's doing well so far. My sister's been waking up in the middle of the night, around 2:00 AM, worried about her friends. We've been talking with her, letting her vent out her feelings. Even though they're a bad crowd, engaged with talk about extreme drugs, alcohol, unsafe driving at night. So we let her know that it's not her obligation to be forced to fix them, she's said what she's said to them, and we believe that she should leave it at that, and she agrees that she wants to leave those negative feelings behind, that fear of missing out. This is what I mean by rebuke, rebuking those negative self-accusatory feelings of feeling guilty. God has unconditional love for all people, and I go after the badness as a concept, not towards the person my friends. Whatever those "friends" decide to do willingly do with their lives, it will be their fault and not my sister's fault. As in, I don't want them to try to guilt trip my sister. I don't want my sister to blame herself if anything bad happens to them, thinking she could have prevented it, when really, these "friends" are going to be engaging in this criminal-like behaviour whether or not she's there with them. For criminal activities, in general, it's best to let law enforcement handle it, since if you try to take things into your own hands, things can get risky. So stay safe out there everyone. :D

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fails

Reactions: St. SteVen