My story....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cardinal1990

Feb 21, 2015
So it all started in September of 2013. I started getting panic attacks out of no where! My life changed completely! I was anxious all the time, I couldn't go anywhere anymore without my mother or boyfriend, I couldn't be alone anymore, I couldn't eat much anymore, I couldn't sleep right anymore, I couldn't do ANYTHING! I went from being so happy to a depressed angry person! I seen many doctors and they couldn't find anything wrong with me. I was in so much pain physically, mentally and emotionally! I cried almost everyday, i stayed up late praying, crying and asking God "Why me?" I thought he was punishing me for something, and there were so many times I wanted to end my life! I'd do ANYTHING for the pain to end even if it meant killing myself.
My Aunt and Mom told me to pray and read the bible so I started doing that. I expected to be healed right away. So after maybe 4 months of praying and reading the Bible I gave up on God because I wasn't getting any better. It wasn't until my Aunt started taking me to camp meeting services was when I slowly started getting better. I started reading the Bible more and more, I started praying more. I've learned so many things and one of the things I learned was that healing doesn't just happen, it takes time.. and I know that for sure! It was almost a year when I was better!
I had A LOT of people praying for me,, and I got through it!
So no matter what you're going through you WILL get through it! Don't give up! You'll have something great waiting for you after you get through hard times

A few months ago I had a dream but I don't quite remember it but I do remember someone saying "Psalm 28" and here it is...

1 To you I call, O LORD my Rock; do not turn a deaf ear to me. For if you remain silent, I will be like those who have gone down to the pit.
2 Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your Most Holy Place.
3 Do not drag me away with the wicked, with those who do evil, who speak cordially with their neighbors but harbor malice in their hearts.
4 Repay them for their deeds and for their evil work; repay them for what their hands have done and bring back upon them what they deserve.
5 Since they show no regard for the works of the LORD and what his hands have done, he will tear them down and never build them up again.
6 Praise be to the LORD, for he has heard my cry for mercy.
7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joyand I will give thanks to him in song.
8 The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
9 Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever.

God Bless You All

Reactions: Born_Again

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is on the mark! Too often people expect God to answer their prayer immediately. Trials are never short lived. They can go on for sometime and this where you have to have faith in Christ. The most important thing is to not doubt. Trust He will lead you through the fire. Great testimony, Cardinal! And welcome to CyB :)

arold10

Jun 4, 2011
Homestead, Fl
Thanks for sharing such a powerful testimony regarding what you've been through and how God ultimately pulled you out. In all honesty, getting things done immediately is what we really want as human being. Besides, that's part of our human nature. This clearly explains the reason that many Christians will do all types of inconceivable things that will drastically lower whom they should be in Christ in order to achieve something that will not even solve their problem due to their impatience with God. The Christian life is a form of life that compels us to do things that go way deeper than our human nature. That's why God is calling us to completely come out of human ways to His ways by trusting Him no matter how horrifying and desperate things may look. The point is that God tends to move when the situation is at its worse stage in order to display His greatness, power, and absolute authority over everything. All we truly have to do is to trust Him by relying on His promises.

Cardinal1990

Feb 21, 2015
arold10 said:
Thanks for sharing such a powerful testimony regarding what you've been through and how God ultimately pulled you out. In all honesty, getting things done immediately is what we really want as human being. Besides, that's part of our human nature. This clearly explains the reason that many Christians will do all types of inconceivable things that will drastically lower whom they should be in Christ in order to achieve something that will not even solve their problem due to their impatience with God. The Christian life is a form of life that compels us to do things that go way deeper than our human nature. That's why God is calling us to completely come out of human ways to His ways by trusting Him no matter how horrifying and desperate things may look. The point is that God tends to move when the situation is at its worse stage in order to display His greatness, power, and absolute authority over everything. All we truly have to do is to trust Him by relying on His promises.

Agreed! :)

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thanks for your candor. I am NOT a doctor but I recognize your symptoms because I've gone through them and in 1994 was diagnosed with clinical depression. It was very tough at first but modern medicine was what returned me to a fairly normal lifestyle. I am also a type I diabetic since 1979, and have lived with it my whole life. I very seldom think about my own healing. He maintains this earthen vessel so that the excellency of His power may shine through.
I fully agree that God's plan is not to always heal people, and sometimes healing comes instantaneously. It's His will and we must never get caught up in the blame game. Kathryn Kuhlman testified many years ago that she never really understood the mind of God when it came to who would get healed or not, but when God told her he would or did heal someone, they were healed. If she prayed for them on her own, it was hit or miss. We know God can do everything, but the 5 Ws are totally up to His will.
Blessings.