My Theory about the "Image of God"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

janc

Jul 8, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
In the Bible it is written "And God made man after his own image". To find out what exactly the image of God is, we need to know what distinguishes man from the animal, because the animal was not created in the image of God. And what distinguishes man from the animal? The appearance is the only thing that distinguishes man from the animal.
How do we recognize a lion? By its appearance. How do we recognize a fish? By its appearance. How do we recognize a bird? By its appearance. How do we recognize a house? By its appearance.
And by the appearance of a man, we recognize a man.

That is why I believe that God looks like a man, and I also believe that an angel looks like a man, because angels are also made in the image of God.
We should not forget that angels have the possibility to get children with human women. (Genesis 6:4) This indicates that angels and humans are the same species; for can a man do the same with animals? Or a lion with an elephant? Of course not. Only the same species can do that.
(by the way, this also explains why God said "Let us create man afte our image", he was speaking to the angels )

Many think God has no body, they say he has no form, but I say the opposite, I think he has a body which is very similar to the human body but not of flesh and bone but of spirit, Paul calls it "heavenly body".
I can even prove it, Moses wanted to see God, but because everyone who sees his face dies, God covered Moses, then he went past him and when Moses was no longer covered he saw the back of God, isn't that incredible? He saw the back of the Creator.
If God has a back and a face, then he must also have legs and hands.. .

janc

Jul 8, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
This also says that we are the same nature as God.
Therefore it is a big sin to insult, beat or kill an innocent man.

With her we praise the Father, and with her we curse the humans who have become according to the image of God.

MAN means GOD
ADAM means GOD

HUMANS are (LITTLE) GODS

This also means that man should not deface his appearance! A man should look like a man and a woman like a woman!
And no tattoos or similar may be on the skin, because it is
GOD'S IMAGE.

Last edited: