My Times are in thy hand

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ec 3:1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Ec 3:2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
Ec 3:3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
Ec 3:4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
Ec 3:5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
Ec 3:6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
Ec 3:7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
Ec 3:8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Ps 31:15My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ec 3:1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Ec 3:2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
Ec 3:3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
Ec 3:4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
Ec 3:5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
Ec 3:6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
Ec 3:7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

Ps 31:15My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.
I'm trying not to read into this Amadeus....?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm trying not to read into this Amadeus....?
Read it as God directs you, sister. One thing I see is this: If led as the right hand or as the right hand directs, is that not God's Way, the Holy Spirit being out front showing us the way? If led, on the other hand, as the left hand or as the left hand directs is that not the carnal way, the way of man without God following satan or himself?

Mt 25:33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Mt 25:34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Mt 25:41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read it as God directs you, sister. One thing I see is this: If led as the right hand or as the right hand directs, is that not God's Way, the Holy Spirit being out front showing us the way? If led, on the other hand, as the left hand or as the left hand directs is that not the carnal way, the way of man without God following satan or himself?

Mt 25:33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Mt 25:34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Mt 25:41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Oh yes brother, I do understand this. It's mostly the last line of your O.P. that had me wondering...

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes brother, I do understand this. It's mostly the last line of your O.P. that had me wondering...
Remember also these words from Jeremiah:

O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. Jerem 10:23

Ultimately, we have only two choices as I believe it: to go God's Way or our own. That is according to His right hand or his left hand. The left hand would be following the ways of the flesh or the lead of satan as God allows. In a nutshell that is man's so-called free will. We can follow the Way of Life [via Jesus] or the way of death.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember also these words from Jeremiah:

O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. Jerem 10:23

Ultimately, we have only two choices as I believe it: to go God's Way or our own. That is according to His right hand or his left hand. The left hand would be following the ways of the flesh or the lead of satan as God allows. In a nutshell that is man's so-called free will. We can follow the Way of Life [via Jesus] or the way of death.
Yes, I see. The "free will" is something that again and again makes me wonder, it's hard to think we are robots programed to do, say, act in certain ways that happen in our lives. "That sin that so besets us". <--- I wonder, is this referring to one particular personal sin or ALL sin?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I see. The "free will" is something that again and again makes me wonder, it's hard to think we are robots programed to do, say, act in certain ways that happen in our lives. "That sin that so besets us". <--- I wonder, is this referring to one particular personal sin or ALL sin?
Temptations continue to be in our lives until and if we overcome all temptations as I believe that Jesus did [Matt 26:44, John 16:33]. In each battle fought against temptation we either win or we lose. When we are on the Lord's side we cannot lose because He does not lose. Are we able to effectively set God aside for the moment and succumb to a temptation and sin without becoming reprobate? Some here say that they cannot. I do disagree.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And he who believes in me shall never die . The body will fade and corrupt away , but the SOUL of a lamb
will simply forever be with HE who has saved us . Let all that draws breath both praise and thank the LORD .
Speaking of time , ITS HIGH TIME folks RUN to CHRIST for IN HE ALONE IS SALVATION .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And he who believes in me shall never die . The body will fade and corrupt away , but the SOUL of a lamb
will simply forever be with HE who has saved us . Let all that draws breath both praise and thank the LORD .
Speaking of time , ITS HIGH TIME folks RUN to CHRIST for IN HE ALONE IS SALVATION .
save-image.png

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and yet the warning , the reminder was , TO CAST IT ASIDE . Thus i leave us with this reminder .
LET all who name the name of CHRIST depart from inquity . Let us learn what the doctrine left us in the bible .
IT IS FOR OUR GOOD , ITS FOR OUR GROWTH , . TAKE HEED unto the doctrine and beware for many have crept
within the church to lead many astray . NO marvel . IN the times of the jews
many false prophets were amongst the people , leading them astray . SO TOO are there now
many false teachers amongst the lambs , who have come in and teach many damnable heresays
even denying the LORD that had brought them . AND MANY follow their pernsicous
ways , by reason of whom the WAY OF TRUTH is BIG TIME EVIL SPOKEN OFF . THEY hate the biblical version of JESUS
and holler at those who bring the true doctrine , AWAY WITH YOU HATERS they cry , AWAY with you warners
and fear mongers they holler , AWAY with the doctrine of the HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL
preach us unto us SMOOTH things . WELL I AINT GONNA PREACH unto them lies and the smooth things that tickle their ears .
THEY GOT enough wolves doing that . ME is gonna point to CHRIST and all sound doctrine . ONLY CHRIST SAVES
and if any brings another jesus or another gospel , IT CANNOT SAVE .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and yet the warning , the reminder was , TO CAST IT ASIDE . Thus i leave us with this reminder .
LET all who name the name of CHRIST depart from inquity . Let us learn what the doctrine left us in the bible .
IT IS FOR OUR GOOD , ITS FOR OUR GROWTH , . TAKE HEED unto the doctrine and beware for many have crept
within the church to lead many astray . NO marvel . IN the times of the jews
many false prophets were amongst the people , leading them astray . SO TOO are there now
many false teachers amongst the lambs , who have come in and teach many damnable heresays
even denying the LORD that had brought them . AND MANY follow their pernsicous
ways , by reason of whom the WAY OF TRUTH is BIG TIME EVIL SPOKEN OFF . THEY hate the biblical version of JESUS
and holler at those who bring the true doctrine , AWAY WITH YOU HATERS they cry , AWAY with you warners
and fear mongers they holler , AWAY with the doctrine of the HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL
preach us unto us SMOOTH things . WELL I AINT GONNA PREACH unto them lies and the smooth things that tickle their ears .
THEY GOT enough wolves doing that . ME is gonna point to CHRIST and all sound doctrine . ONLY CHRIST SAVES
and if any brings another jesus or another gospel , IT CANNOT SAVE .
I got a good laugh out of "AND MANY follow their pernsicous ways , by reason of whom the WAY OF TRUTH is BIG TIME EVIL SPOKEN OFF"

How does that translate into English???

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Prayer for you has not changed. I am still praying that God will include you, @amadeus, among those whom He is drawing to Himself. That you will know God's peace in your life as you rest in Him all of the time.
Thank you sincerely for your prayers. For the moment, the cancer seems to be gone. No more chemotherapy...

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Beautiful John. I also read too much into it. Thinking you are tired and meditating on a farewell, and resting in “My times are in thy hand.”

Not to interfere but the other night this was a passage that come up on my bible app as the verse of the day. It will move on and then I’ll forget what verse it was, so I’m sending it to you before I forget.
Psalm 103:13-17 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him. [14] For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust. [15] As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth. [16] For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more. [17] But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beautiful John. I also read too much into it. Thinking you are tired and meditating on a farewell, and resting in “My times are in thy hand.”

Not to interfere but the other night this was a passage that come up on my bible app as the verse of the day. It will move on and then I’ll forget what verse it was, so I’m sending it to you before I forget.
Psalm 103:13-17 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him. [14] For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust. [15] As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth. [16] For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more. [17] But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
Thank you for those verses, Sister. Give God the glory!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you sincerely for your prayers. For the moment, the cancer seems to be gone. No more chemotherapy...
Ponder on the beauty of this my friend .
I once was young but now am middle aged .
I have seen folks who were shot to pieces and docs saw no way they could survive , YET LIVED .
I have seen some go into the hospital for something minor and yet died .
I have seen many folks who underwent chemo , many died , some lived .
I have seen instances where some they thought would be fine died and some they thought for sure would die live .
AND I KNOW WHY THAT IS . GOD ALONE IS IN CONTROL OF WHO LIVETH and WHO DIETH .
GOD ALONE is in control . Ponder on the beauty of that .
My own grandmother got exposed with cancer , underwent the treatments , STILL DIED .
ANother went in with far more advanced cancer , underwent the SAME treatements and yet lived .
GOD IS IN CONTROL . And HE is with us through it all . IF our time is up its up , iF NOT , no matter what WE LIVE .
THE LORD is the KING and unto HE SHALL WE GIVE ALL THANKS , ALL HONOR and ALL GLORY .
AS I AM SURE YOU FULLY AGREE WITH THAT .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for those verses, Sister. Give God the glory!
Read the last four words in your sentence over and over and over and over again . CAUSE HE ALONE IS WHO THE LAMBS
SHALL GIVE THE GLORY TOO . Yep . NOW LIFT those hands my friend . Lift them up unto THE LORD
having all hope , all trust , all faith in HE ALONE . THE LORD is with the lambs my friend . HE IS WITH US
and is our hope and our salvation .