My view was revelation chapter 12 part 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Revelation chapter 12:4
4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born.

We see later in verse nine that the stars which the dragon flung to the earth are the fallen angels that fell with him. We also now see that satan the red dragon is symbolized as king Herod (whose family color was red) who tried to kill Jesus when Jesus was born.

5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.

The son the male child is Jesus and we see His birth ‘reigning and ascension in this short verse.

6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

I believe the woman in the verse above to symbolize Jewish believers in Christ. After Jesus ascended back up to heaven on the year 30AD the first Christian Jews had about 3 ½ years or 1260 days of protection which ended on the day Stephen was stoned to death in
34AD as we read in the verses below.

Acts 7:57-60---Acts 8:1-3
57 At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him, 58 dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their coats at the feet of a young man named Saul.
59 While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60 Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.

Acts 8:1-3
1On that day a great persecution broke out against the church in Jerusalem, and all except the apostles were scattered throughout Judea and Samaria. 2 Godly men buried Stephen and mourned deeply for him. 3 But Saul began to destroy the church. Going from house to house, he dragged off both men and women and put them in prison.

Revelation chapter 12:7-9
7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

Verse 7 starts with the word “Then” which proceeds after Jesus’ ascension and the start of the 1260 days of protection of the woman. This above and the verses below show us when satan and his angles were cast out on heaven. When did this happen?

Luke 10:17-18
17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.”
18 He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

After Jesus sent out the 72 followers they proclaimed that the demons submitted to them because of Jesus’ and Jesus saw what was happening in the heavens. Now in the verses below shortly before Jesus’ death Jesus tells us when satan’s fall from heaven would happen.

John12:31-33
31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” 33 He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die.

Revelation chapter 12:10
10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
“Now have come the salvation and the power
and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Messiah.
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
who accuses them before our God day and night,
has been hurled down.

Verse 10 also starts with the word “Then” which tells us that the loud voice in heaven comes after satan is cast out of heaven.
This verse also takes us back to Genesis when God cursed the serpent (satan) for tempting Eve and He foretold us that satan will wound Jesus but Jesus will defeat satan.

Genesis 3:15
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

Reactions: Ziggy and Ruminator

Andreas

Apr 12, 2022
brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Satan's Fall

Satan's fall into sin was when he tempted Eve to sin. And that is when the 'curse' was put upon the "Serpent," and when the prophecy was made about his head being "bruised" by the "foot" of the "Seed of the woman" (Christ).

In Revelation 12 we have mention of Satan and his angels. And this is portrayed as "a third of the stars" having fallen from heaven, which implies that Satan's "angels" are 1/3 of all of the angels.

In Daniel 10, we have angelic "princes" who opposed the angel sent to communicate with Daniel, and Michael opposing them. These are obviously part of the 1/3 who followed Satan previously.

In 2 Pet. 2 & Jude 1 we have the "angels who sinned" described as having moved outside of their assigned dominions, which shows that their sin was in revolting against their original assigned roles and spheres of authority. Peter indicates that Jesus (after His resurrection) announced His victorious appointment "above all principalities and powers" to the "spirits in prison" who were rebellious "in the days of Noah," while "the ark was being prepared,. This shows that this massive rebellion of 1/3 of the angels took place before the flood, and was the reason that the whole world was "filled with violence." BTW, the "fornicating angels" story in the book of Enoch is just a Jewish fable, and the Genesis account does not support it. (The "sons of God" mentioned there were the descendants of Seth). However, that fable does have some basis in actual events, in that the angels who sinned had been interfering in human government, pagan practices, in war and bloodshed. And it was because of their interference that the "giants" (lit. tyrants) were able to dominate the whole world and fill it with violence. The rejection of God by Cain (and many others of Adam's descendants) allowed angels (emboldened by Satan's rebellion) to make themselves "gods" in the eyes of unfaithful mankind. These rebellious angels were unrestrained up until the time of Noah, but were restrained (by Michael and his angels) while Noah built the ark. After the flood, the angelic realm remains in a kind of standoff, with Michael commanding the restraining army of faithful angels, holding at bay Satan and his armies. This situation will continue until the mid-point of the tribulation, when Satan and his minions are "cast down to the ground," possess wicked mankind like a herd of suicidal swine, and wreak their havoc for the "short time" (3.5 years) after the two prophets are killed.

In Revelation 12, Satan is portrayed as a dragon/serpent with seven heads and seven crowns. These 'heads' are seven kingdoms which Satan has ruled in his attempt to use humanity to overthrow God. In Revelation 17, John said that the seven heads represent seven kingdoms. In John's day, five had fallen, one was present (Roman Empire), and one was yet to come. Most of these Satanic kingdoms have been overthrown by God's supernatural intervention in history.

In any case, the first of these kingdoms began when Satan deceived Eve, embodying a serpent. This kingdom was overthrown by God with Noah's flood. But Satan has gotten bolder, and possessed men instead of an animal. One of these 'seven' was the king of Tyre, which is described by Ezekiel. When the prophets spoke of these 'kings,' it was not only of the man being possessed by Satan, but also Satan himself who possessed him. This is why Ezekiel can place the 'king of Tyre' in "Eden, the Garden of God."

Ezekiel 28
1 The word of the LORD came to me again, saying, 2 "Son of man, say to the prince of Tyre,`Thus says the Lord GOD: "Because your heart is lifted up, And you say,`I am a god, I sit in the seat of gods, In the midst of the seas,' Yet you are a man, and not a god, Though you set your heart as the heart of a god 3 (Behold, you are wiser than Daniel! There is no secret that can be hidden from you! 4 With your wisdom and your understanding You have gained riches for yourself, And gathered gold and silver into your treasuries; ...12 "Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him,`Thus says the Lord GOD: "You were the seal of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone was your covering: The sardius, topaz, and diamond, Beryl, onyx, and jasper, Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes Was prepared for you on the day you were created.
14 "You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.
15 You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Till iniquity was found in you.

While this prophecy deals with the actual history of the king of Tyre, it also deals with Satan's history in Eden. The man possessed by Satan and Satan himself are spoken of as a single being.

Notice that Satan was created on a "DAY." There were no "days" before "day one" of creation week. Notice that he was perfect in Eden, the Garden of God. Eden was not created until day 6 of creation week at the earliest. Sin was fond in him AFTER he was first in Eden. Therefore, he could not have sinned before day 6 of creation week.

Isaiah 14:12 is also frequently used to support the idea that 'Lucifer' fell from heaven prior to creation. But how can this be if there was no earth/ground for him to fall to? Continue reading just a few verses later, it says this about 'Lucifer.' "

Isaiah 14
12 "How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations!
13 For you have said in your heart:`I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.'
15 Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, To the lowest depths of the Pit.
16 "Those who see you will gaze at you, And consider you, saying:`Is this the man who made the earth tremble, Who shook kingdoms,
17 Who made the world as a wilderness And destroyed its cities, Who did not open the house of his prisoners?'
18 "All the kings of the nations, All of them, sleep in glory, Everyone in his own house;
19 But you are cast out of your grave Like an abominable branch, Like the garment of those who are slain, Thrust through with a sword, Who go down to the stones of the pit, Like a corpse trodden underfoot.
20 You will not be joined with them in burial, Because you have destroyed your land And slain your people. The brood of evildoers shall never be named.

Verse 25 calls 'Lucifer' "the Assyrian," showing once again that the man possessed by Satan is viewed as a single entity in these prophecies. Isaiah here referred to the Antichrist, and the fall from heaven is what is described in Revelation 12:7-9, which occurs at the mid-point of the seven-year tribulation.

Jesus saw the same thing that Isaiah and John saw.

One more thing. The angels were created during the 7-day creation week, not before. That includes Satan.

Exodus 20:11
11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Col. 1:15- LGV
15 He is the image of the God who is unseen, first-produced of all creation, 16 because through Him everything was created, what is in the heavens and what is on the land, the seen and the unseen (including thrones, dominions, principalities, and authorities).13 Everything has been created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before everyone, and everything has stood together in Him. 18 And He is the head of the Body (the assembly), who is The Beginning, first-produced out from among the dead, so that in everything He should become the prototype

Andreas

Apr 12, 2022
brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Luke 10:18

The verbs in this verse are in the middle voice they are all active voice. This statement by Christ is a prophetic vision He observed in the future. The verb for “saw” [ἐθεώρουν] is in the imperfect tense and indicative mood. The time element of the verb is past tense and the verbal aspect of it is continuous. This means when Jesus made this statement, He had continually observed something in the past. Most likely He observed the prophetic events described in Isa 14:12-16 and Rev 12:7-9 unfold. These events describe Satan being cast down to the earth at the middle point of the 70th week when the antichrist rises to power. There are many programs out there and phone apps that you can search for that will help give you the parsing information for Greek grammar. One that I have often used in the past is called the “interlinear scripture analyzer”. It is also free to download.

In the book of Daniel, Daniel uses the phrase ''I saw'' many times for prophetic visions.
The exact verb[from Luke 10:18] is used numerous times in the book of Daniel.

(Dan. 3:94; 4:13; 7:2, 4, 6-7, 9, 11, 13; Dat. 3:94; 4:10, 13; 7:2, 4, 6-7, 9, 11, 13, 21)

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The son the male child is Jesus and we see His birth ‘reigning and ascension in this short verse.
That sets up the timing for the next scene. Consider the possibility that the following paragraph describes what happened to John the beloved and Jesus' mother Mary after Pentecost.

The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.
John kept Mary safe and hidden from persecutors.
John's symbol is the eagle. Eagle wings refer to himself. The author.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That sets up the timing for the next scene. Consider the possibility that the following paragraph describes what happened to John the beloved and Jesus' mother Mary after Pentecost.

John kept Mary safe and hidden from persecutors.
John's symbol is the eagle. Eagle wings refer to himself. The author.

Where do you get that John's symbol is a eagle?

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you get that John's symbol is a eagle?
Google 'symbol Gospel of John. ' He is known as the Revelator. His view was from the heights where only eagles fly.
Google it;)

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Google 'symbol Gospel of John. ' He is known as the Revelator. His view was from the heights where only eagles fly.
Google it;)

Or could it be about God protecting the Jewish believers like God protected Israel in the verse below

Exodus 19:4
You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just too... much speculation, when the actual Scripture is very simple, if heeded.

The Revelation 12:3-4 verses describe the time of Satan as the 'dragon' at his original rebellion of old when he drew a third of the angels to earth. Along with that event is mention about a beast that had ten horns, seven heads, but only "seven crowns". That beast is the one of old Satan originally rebelled against God with, and that was a long time prior to Adam and Eve. We just don't know how long prior it was. That original seven crown beast Satan first rebelled with is in contrast to the latter Revelation 13:1 beast which is for the very end of this world, and the latter one is to have "ten crowns" instead of seven (yeah, I missed that "seven crowns" and "ten crowns" difference for a long time).

Now we know easily the time when Satan first rebelled in coveting God's Throne was prior to Adam and Eve, simply because by the time Satan as "that old serpent" appears in God's Garden to tempt Eve, it means he was already... in his role as Tempter, showing he had already fallen and was assigned that role.

Also, per Hebrews, we know that Satan was given the power over death, which is obvious why, because sin = death per what Apostle Paul taught in Romans. And Apostle John said that the devil sinned from the beginning. The first sin was actually by Satan, not Adam and Eve. The first sin was about coveting God's Throne by Satan, his wanting to be GOD. That is how Satan fell. And also, it is for this reason why Jesus was ordained to be born of woman and die on the cross, so as to defeat death and the devil for us, as written in Hebrews.

The first 1260 days period in Revelation is about the first half of Daniel's symbolic "one week" of Daniel 9:27. During the first part of the symbolic "one week", God's people are protected. It is right after that first half, at the middle of the one week, when the coming false Messiah sets up the "abomination of desolation" in Jerusalem, and proclaims himself as GOD, when the persecutions of the "great tribulation" will begin against Christ's faithful, because Christ's faithful will refuse to bow to that false-Messiah that comes first prior to Jesus' coming.

The Revelation 12:7 war in Heaven is what will kick off the time of "great tribulation", with the "dragon" and his angels booted out of the heavenly dimension and instead down to earth, in plain sight, with that false one ("dragon") working great signs and wonders in the sight of men. That is when Satan will come after Christ's faithful on earth. And it will literally be Satan himself, de facto, as the coming Antichrist, here on earth, with the image of man (which God created him with, like with all the angels that also have that image of man).

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born.

We see later in verse nine that the stars which the dragon flung to the earth are the fallen angels that fell with him.

Why would he do that to his own angels? Why remove them from heaven when a few verses later a war happens in heaven in which satan and his angels are cast out of heaven?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why would he do that to his own angels? Why remove them from heaven when a few verses later a war happens in heaven in which satan and his angels are cast out of heaven?

The war in heaven is a more detailed description of the dragon swiping the third of the stars it showing that a third followed him in his attempt

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The war in heaven is a more detailed description of the dragon swiping the third of the stars it showing that a third followed him in his attempt

The timeframe of that part of Revelation 12 is just before Christ was born. Satan and his fallen angels rebelled/fell long before that. It isn't his angels that he was casting down, it was God's angels. The same concept is here:

Dan 8:10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is simply the Nation of Israel as per the woman, but the chapter is about THE DRAGON Chasing the Woman after getting cast down. Verse 1-5 gives us the code to who he is chasing (Gen. 37:90 its just that simple.

Everything else is just not factual. The Woman is Israel, Jesus ascended 2000 years ago, it is not the Church Ascending.