my watchtower meeting a summary

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Scary i can't even Stop attending with out being Shunned.

i wonder if that's why russia labeled them as extremists

from the article Jehovah's Witnesses, disfellowshipping and shunning, including family members.

"Inactive Ones
A person that become inactive from the congregation or fades out, is still expected to be shunned if they do not abide by Watchtower doctrine, even if not disfellowshipped. This was discussed in the 2016 Regional Convention.

"Loyal Christians would not associate with “anyone called a brother” who is practicing serious sin. This is true even if no congregation action has been taken, as may be the case with an inactive one (w85 7/15 19 14)"
This is in stark contrast with the information supplied to the 2015 Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse in Australia, who described Jehovah's Witnesses as a cruel religion for their practice of shunning. The Watchtower representatives countered that a Jehovah's Witness does not need to disassociate or being disfellowshipped, they may simply become inactive, in which case they will not be shunned. This was highly dishonest, as becoming inactive will usually result in a level of shunning, as directed above."

this picture is Ironic.

w-2011-july-15-p26-simplified.jpg

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Not family though. Not in the United States if you are a minor...I don't know how that works. Like would your parents make you leave the house if you told them you were converting?

is there biblical evidence that disproves all this disfellowshipping and shunning.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are going to need help... Somehow you need to talk to a pastor of a church...I will have to ask my pastor about this.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is there biblical evidence that disproves all this disfellowshipping and shunning.

Ironic. I'm not shunning you, but my daughter just woke up and have to go for now. :D I'm going to talk to my pastor to see how to best advise you in some things and keep you in prayer.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Ironic. I'm not shunning you, but my daughter just woke up and have to go for now. :D I'm going to talk to my pastor to see how to best advise you in some things and keep you in prayer.
alright i hope you find out what i need to hear. thank you for helping.

Reactions: Mayflower

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What evidence do you have that some spiritual influence is at work here?
It is not what evidence I have, but what evidence MM has:...something was telling me that the speaker and the watchtower magazine wasn't all right.

There is a spiritual battle between Light and Darkness, between God's truth and Satan's lies. When someone says something that is contrary to Scripture, or with no correspondence to Scripture, the Holy Spirit shows the hearers/readers that "something is not right".

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

I am sure they based the practice on scripture. But many people misapply the words of God, such as the Pharisees jesus often rebuked. His charge:

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
Matthew 23:23 NIV

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
The grace of Jesus Christ is sufficient for me. And yes, it is great when the God of the universe uses me to do His work. What else does matter when compared with that great purpose? I feel fulfilled allowing God to use me for His purpose.
Working doesn't actually make you feel "good" that's just a chemical that gets released when you work, the chemical isn't a good or bad chemical, it's just a chemical. I feel the same as you when I play games & listen to music.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
It is not what evidence I have, but what evidence MM has:...something was telling me that the speaker and the watchtower magazine wasn't all right.

There is a spiritual battle between Light and Darkness, between God's truth and Satan's lies. When someone says something that is contrary to Scripture, or with no correspondence to Scripture, the Holy Spirit shows the hearers/readers that "something is not right".
Darkness only exists because of the lack of light. To say darkness is a bad thing is a very Egyptian thing to say.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To say darkness is a bad thing is a very Egyptian thing to say.
No, it is a very biblical thing to say.

MATTHEW 6 -- THE WORDS OF CHRIST
22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

Reactions: Mister Michael

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
No, it is a very biblical thing to say.

MATTHEW 6 -- THE WORDS OF CHRIST
22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
The battle between the light & darkness didn't originate from Jesus, Yahweh or the Bible.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The battle between the light & darkness didn't originate from Jesus, Yahweh or the Bible.
I'm "liking" this post with the caveat of "the first time this metaphor was recordedly used wasn't with the Bible".

Humans fear the dark because it makes us vulnerable, and clinging to light is just base-instinct thing. The metaphor of light versus dark is far outdates human ability to write things down.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
I'm "liking" this post with the caveat of "the first time this metaphor was recordedly used wasn't with the Bible".

Humans fear the dark because it makes us vulnerable, and clinging to light is just base-instinct thing. The metaphor of light versus dark is far outdates human ability to write things down.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I like Star Wars, :p

But where do you believe it originated from if not from God? Because Jehovah God is the Alpha and the Omega. Beginning and end.

Reactions: justbyfaith

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But you also believe Jesus is not God/creator in Mormonism, correct?

But would you agree the idea of Light came from God and darkness/evil from the Enemy before men wrote it down?