my watchtower meeting a summary

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And @Mister Michael if this is off topic, not trying to derail your thread. But there is a few different views here and think I am getting in defense mode. I do not want you to get confused. Like a few of us have said, forums are not always the best place when trying to figure out the Truth.

Only through prayer and studying God's Word will you find the Truth...So I'm going to shut my mouth unless you have questions. Lol

Ive seen all the Star Wars movies.

Last edited:

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
And @Mister Michael if this is off topic, not trying to derail your thread. But there is a few different views here and think I am getting in defense mode. I do not want you to get confused. Like a few of us have said, forums are not always the best place when trying to figure out the Truth.

Only through prayer and studying God's Word will you find the Truth...So I'm going to shut my mouth unleaa you have questions. Lol

Ive seen all the Star Wars movies.

it's fine

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay this is what she wrote:

Hey just got this, I was in a meeting. How very exciting for him, and I'm sure scary. I hate to say this, but I would encourage him to initially start praying to Jehovah God in the name of Jesus Christ, to proclaim to God that he believes that Jesus could be the son of God, and ask God to show Him the truths of that in His Word, and in His prayers. He could pray that God surround Him with more believers in Christ that are solid in their faith to share with Him why they believe that Jesus was not just a good man, but was God in the flesh, and eternally God our Savior and Lord, but to do so with the greatest respect and without any pressure, just room to process and believe, and the Holy Spirit will do the work that He does to confirm truth in His heart, but also in His lived experience.

Until he explores that fully, which he can do very privately at first, there's no need to even alert his parents. But, if Jesus proves himself true, which He will, he may come to a point where he needs to discuss that with his family, but again, God understands where we are and wants good things for us, so He would guide this young man in his words and his timing, and plan for the outcomes in ways that are so much bigger than we could figure out on our own.

But lead Pastor's mom is Jehovah Witness (edited out name), and she came to one of his services, I believe, on his last birthday or something. Maybe he could offer more counsel for him as well, but I'm not sure.

It's not being shameful of your beliefs if you're still unsure what you believe. God is very merciful and extends great grace while we learn more about Him and come to see who He really is and choose to follow Him and be lead by Him with our whole hearts.

And to pray for someone strong in their Christian faith that he can speak to openly about his questions. That's a big one.

And yes, you might recommend the YouVersion app if he can add that to his phone, so he can explore other translations of the Bible and let that help him come to a more complete understanding of God.

And some take that disfellowshipping a whole lot further. (Edited name) grandmother is JW as well, and she helps them out with things all the time and she goes to their house alot, and lots of things.

She asked if you are in high school or college and thinks you can find someone to talk to there as well.

Reactions: Nancy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She did view this convo and believes you are on the right track. I don't know if she will hop in or not. :D

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
I like Star Wars, :p

But where do you believe it originated from if not from God? Because Jehovah God is the Alpha and the Omega. Beginning and end.
It originated from humans struggling to grasp the rotation of the earth, then later it became a theological concept.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LDS 100% do believe that Christ is the creator and God.

Totally.

I get confused also with the different beliefs on here. :D why I ask. I know we view the Trinity differently. I do believe God's Word is without error and don't believe about Joseph Smith. I won't go into it, but glad we do agree on a lot and do love and seek God! I do see that of you Jane. :)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LDS 100% do believe that Christ is the creator and God.
It appears that way, but when you dig deeper, the LDS Jesus is not the same as the Christ of the Bible, who is God as well as the Son of God.

"We believe Jesus is the Son of God the Father and as such inherited powers of godhood and divinity from His Father, including immortality, the capacity to live forever..."

What Mormons Believe About Jesus Christ