my watchtower meeting a summary

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It appears that way, but when you dig deeper, the LDS Jesus is not the same as the Christ of the Bible, who is God as well as the Son of God.
Actually LDS 100% believe everything in the Bible about Christ. I'd be happy to clear up any misconceptions about that (because there are a million) via PM or in a different thread (I don't want to derail Micheal's).

Reactions: amadeus

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Actually LDS 100% believe everything in the Bible about Christ. I'd be happy to clear up any misconceptions about that (because there are a million) via PM or in a different thread (I don't want to derail Micheal's).
Umm, aren't Jesus & Satan brothers, that's not recorded in the Bible. Jesus is the one and only God, right? He wasn't created by God on Kolob. It is a different Jesus that Mormon's believe in.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Umm, aren't Jesus & Satan brothers, that's not recorded in the Bible. Jesus is the one and only God, right? He wasn't created by God on Kolob. It is a different Jesus that Mormon's believe in.
Again, I'm happy to clear up all misconceptions on another thread. Let's not derail Micheal's.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Yeah let's focus on the watchtower for now open a new thread if you want to discuss something else or do it in pms
Yeah you're right Mr. Michael, it's your thread and all. So how was your time away to focus on Jesus, what happened?

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
i just read john 6 yesterday and here are some verse i feel kinda stick out to me and i don't know why?

John 6:36 "But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe"
John 6:37 "All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out."

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, I think that the Lord is saying to you that He has revealed Himself to you but you have not taken a step of committing your life to Him (with the first verse). In the second verse, He is saying to you that either you have come to Him in faith and therefore you are in the faith (because He didn't turn you away); or else He is saying to you that you have yet to come to Him, and that when you do He will not turn you away but will receive you welcomed into His opened arms.

Here is another verse/passage that may also apply (although it may seem harsh to you in your present situation): John 12:42-43.

Remember to take the words of the Bible spiritually, as the Holy Spirit speaking to you, rather than necessarily a literal word that God has for you.

In saying that you have seen Him and yet do not believe, what He may in all actuality be saying is that you do believe to a certain extent but do not believe in Him well enough to make a commitment to follow Him.

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
i just read john 6 yesterday and here are some verse i feel kinda stick out to me and i don't know why?

John 6:37 "All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out."

While I would gather that most everyone here could answer your questions you should seek to resolve them yourself. Because when you are persecuted for your beliefs they will claim you have been corrupted by evil forums. But if you learn the truth directly from God they will not have a leg to stand on.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Jesus will draw you Michael, thats how he does it. These verses that stick out for you is evidence of that.
In my early period as a believer, these texts supported me and brought me much comfort.

When texts stick out they need to be taken note of. Thank God for his guidance.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay this is what she wrote:

Hey just got this, I was in a meeting. How very exciting for him, and I'm sure scary. I hate to say this, but I would encourage him to initially start praying to Jehovah God in the name of Jesus Christ, to proclaim to God that he believes that Jesus could be the son of God, and ask God to show Him the truths of that in His Word, and in His prayers. He could pray that God surround Him with more believers in Christ that are solid in their faith to share with Him why they believe that Jesus was not just a good man, but was God in the flesh, and eternally God our Savior and Lord, but to do so with the greatest respect and without any pressure, just room to process and believe, and the Holy Spirit will do the work that He does to confirm truth in His heart, but also in His lived experience.

Until he explores that fully, which he can do very privately at first, there's no need to even alert his parents. But, if Jesus proves himself true, which He will, he may come to a point where he needs to discuss that with his family, but again, God understands where we are and wants good things for us, so He would guide this young man in his words and his timing, and plan for the outcomes in ways that are so much bigger than we could figure out on our own.

But lead Pastor's mom is Jehovah Witness (edited out name), and she came to one of his services, I believe, on his last birthday or something. Maybe he could offer more counsel for him as well, but I'm not sure.

It's not being shameful of your beliefs if you're still unsure what you believe. God is very merciful and extends great grace while we learn more about Him and come to see who He really is and choose to follow Him and be lead by Him with our whole hearts.

And to pray for someone strong in their Christian faith that he can speak to openly about his questions. That's a big one.

And yes, you might recommend the YouVersion app if he can add that to his phone, so he can explore other translations of the Bible and let that help him come to a more complete understanding of God.

And some take that disfellowshipping a whole lot further. (Edited name) grandmother is JW as well, and she helps them out with things all the time and she goes to their house alot, and lots of things.

She asked if you are in high school or college and thinks you can find someone to talk to there as well.
Awesome advice!

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
i just read john 7 and found some more verses that stuck out but not sure what they mean.

Jhn 7:28 - Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not.
Jhn 7:29 - But I know him: for I am from him, and he hath sent me

Jhn 7:33 - Then said Jesus unto them, Yet a little while am I with you, and then I go unto him that sent me.
Jhn 7:34 - Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i just read john 7 and found some more verses that stuck out but not sure what they mean.

Jhn 7:28 - Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not.
Jhn 7:29 - But I know him: for I am from him, and he hath sent me

Jhn 7:33 - Then said Jesus unto them, Yet a little while am I with you, and then I go unto him that sent me.
Jhn 7:34 - Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come.
There are three primary revelations here:

1. Jesus was telling His hearers that God the Father had sent Him into the world, and that shortly He would return back to the Father.

2. He also said that He "knew" the Father in a very special way, since the eternal Father-Son relationship within the Godhead is very unique and intimate.

3. The unbelieving Jews would seek Him after His resurrection, but they would not find Him. In fact, they put out a false rumor that someone had stolen His body. But following His resurrection, He appeared only to His apostles and disciples. And because of their unbelief, they would never enter Heaven (where He would be going).

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Finished john 8 more verses
john 8:19
Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

Jhn 8:24 - I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Jhn 8:58 - Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Reactions: lforrest

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Finished john 8 more verses
john 8:19
Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

Jhn 8:24 - I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Jhn 8:58 - Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Jn 8:19 No man can *know* the Father (experientially) without the Son. And no man can come to the Father, except through the Son. Since these men refused to believe on the Son of God, they could not know the Father. The Father is in the Son, and the Son is in the Father. That is the mystery of God.

Jn 8:24 -- Unless a person believes that Jesus is GOD (I AM) he cannot be saved, and will die in his sins. God told Moses (Exodus 3) that He is I AM THAT I AM or just I AM. Jesus told the Jews that He is I AM. Which means He is God. But they would not believe it.

Jn 8:58 -- More evidence that Jesus is GOD. Before Abraham came into existence, God was there -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Abraham lived about 2,000 years before Jesus of Nazareth. But Jesus was always there as the eternal Word. So once again we see that Jesus is I AM.

Last edited:
Reactions: lforrest