Mystery Solved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When it talks about in Genesis of God creating Adam and Eve there's always been a mystery of where Cain and Able got their wives from but I think I know now. It definitely says that Adam and Eve were the first humans on earth, but what if God created humans after them and they had children as well? Even though it isn't included in the Bible, not all of Jesus' life either so it fits.

Cain and Abel married one of their sisters or nieces.-Genesis 3:20; 5:14. Compare Genesis 20:12. This arrangement was common until God gave to Moses specific laws regarding further unions of marriage.-Leviticus 18:9.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cain and Abel married one of their sisters or nieces.-Genesis 3:20; 5:14. Compare Genesis 20:12. This arrangement was common until God gave to Moses specific laws regarding further unions of marriage.-Leviticus 18:9.

yes and according to a Jewish tradition small t not scripture Adam and Eve has 33 sets of twins and Cain and able were close to the last

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When it talks about in Genesis of God creating Adam and Eve there's always been a mystery of where Cain and Able got their wives from but I think I know now. It definitely says that Adam and Eve were the first humans on earth, but what if God created humans after them and they had children as well? Even though it isn't included in the Bible, not all of Jesus' life either so it fits.

Sorry, but the English Bible translations do not go into the detail of Genesis 1:26-27 that the Hebrew does.

In Genesis 1:26-27, 2 separate groups are being created by God...

1. eth'ha'aadam = this man Adam, a singular man Adam
2. aadam (no article, no particle) = general mankind

Both of those Hebrew words appear there. The idea is the same in all languages when speaking of a singular object vs. the plural. If I say, 'this man built a house', that is about a singular man. But if I say, 'man builds houses', that is about many men, plural.

That is how the Hebrew about the creation of man in those Genesis 1:26-27 verses is.

What does that mean ultimately??

It means that on God's 6th Day, He created BOTH a single man Adam to till His Garden, and also the races of mankind and placed them outside His Garden. When Cain was booted, he went to the "land of Nod" where there already were people there.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:eek:
Sorry, but the English Bible translations do not go into the detail of Genesis 1:26-27 that the Hebrew does.

In Genesis 1:26-27, 2 separate groups are being created by God...

1. eth'ha'aadam = this man Adam, a singular man Adam
2. aadam (no article, no particle) = general mankind

Both of those Hebrew words appear there. The idea is the same in all languages when speaking of a singular object vs. the plural. If I say, 'this man built a house', that is about a singular man. But if I say, 'man builds houses', that is about many men, plural.

That is how the Hebrew about the creation of man in those Genesis 1:26-27 verses is.

What does that mean ultimately??

It means that on God's 6th Day, He created BOTH a single man Adam to till His Garden, and also the races of mankind and placed them outside His Garden. When Cain was booted, he went to the "land of Nod" where there already were people there.

*wackydoodle alert*
We got another one, folks.
We need a cleanup on aisle 7
:eek::eek::D:D;);)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:eek:

*wackydoodle alert*
We got another one, folks.
We need a cleanup on aisle 7
:eek::eek::D:D;);)

Such Biblical illiteracy is taught about God's creation of man, even the idea that all races originated from Adam and Eve. And further, their false idea that the Black race originated from Ham's sin against his father Noah! And these Biblically illiterate call me 'wackydoodle'?