Name a really bad doctrine that needs retiring

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
rockytopva said:
nothead... Thanks... I try to edify.. Sometimes I hit the mark.. Other times I miss.

rockytopva said:
nothead... Thanks... I try to edify.. Sometimes I hit the mark.. Other times I miss.
I TELL you why you hit the mark. God DO NOT CHOOSE the polished ones to git his WORD UP. NOT EVER and I shouldn't say this but for some reason this one tests the tests of time.

Lookit that black one-eyed PREACHERMAN Seymore, who put his HEAD IN A BOX to pray unto God, the very FIRST PENTECOSTAL Warrior of Asuza Street. He shy, he soft spoken.

And God CHOSE him to spread his communication to the ends of the earth. I tell ye, I tell ye it ain't POLISHEDNESS which impresses our GOD. It is your sincere heart amen.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nothead said:
I TELL you why you hit the mark. God DO NOT CHOOSE the polished ones to git his WORD UP. NOT EVER and I shouldn't say this but for some reason this one tests the tests of time.

Lookit that black one-eyed PREACHERMAN Seymore, who put his HEAD IN A BOX to pray unto God, the very FIRST PENTECOSTAL Warrior of Asuza Street. He shy, he soft spoken.

And God CHOSE him to spread his communication to the ends of the earth. I tell ye, I tell ye it ain't POLISHEDNESS which impresses our GOD. It is your sincere heart amen.
What is a man of God?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP8yJwn3bns

nothead said:

This is the doctrine that William Seymore put together. I copied it out of the original book
Temple_zps43c1911c.png

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
rockytopva said:
What is a man of God?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP8yJwn3bns

This is the doctrine that William Seymore put together. I copied it out of the original book
Temple_zps43c1911c.png

A man of God. Man who does what God says. In obedience, loyalty and faith. May or may not lead. May never lead in POLISHED MANNER. The very ESSENCE of Phillipians 2

[SIZE=.75em]5 [/SIZE]Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
[SIZE=.75em]6 [/SIZE]Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
[SIZE=.75em]7 [/SIZE]But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
[SIZE=.75em]8 [/SIZE]And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
[SIZE=.75em]9 [/SIZE]Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
[SIZE=.75em]10 [/SIZE]That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
[SIZE=.75em]11 [/SIZE]And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

For those with eyes to see, Jesus came not as a polished king, with royal spendor, and bright shining SHMILE nice teef and such...he came as a common man with moles, crooked teef and torn tunic, no rock to lay his head or something along them lines...homeless man in the hood...nothing even SHOWING of God's blessedness in royal splendor the MORPHE of God in Shekinah radiance ONLY in his countenance, spoken word and miraculous works...

....NO pretty curls which makes the girls go OOOOH, or pretty smelling PERFUME which makes the men envious, probably Polo Lauren or whatever his name is...

...made it a thing NOT TO BE GRASPED the royal splendor his due, his inheritance he knew was his and his RESPECt OF OTHER MEN AND women...

....making for a conundrum of life for all, that a HOMELESS man of his demeanor could actually be the Messiah come to SAVE THE WHOLE WORLD.

Amen.
nothead said:
A man of God. Man who does what God says. In obedience, loyalty and faith. May or may not lead. May never lead in POLISHED MANNER. The very ESSENCE of Phillipians 2

[SIZE=.75em]5 [/SIZE]Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
[SIZE=.75em]6 [/SIZE]Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
[SIZE=.75em]7 [/SIZE]But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
[SIZE=.75em]8 [/SIZE]And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
[SIZE=.75em]9 [/SIZE]Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
[SIZE=.75em]10 [/SIZE]That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
[SIZE=.75em]11 [/SIZE]And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

For those with eyes to see, Jesus came not as a polished king, with royal spendor, and bright shining SHMILE nice teef and such...he came as a common man with moles, crooked teef and torn tunic, no rock to lay his head or something along them lines...homeless man in the hood...nothing even SHOWING of God's blessedness in royal splendor the MORPHE of God in Shekinah radiance ONLY in his countenance, spoken word and miraculous works...

....NO pretty curls which makes the girls go OOOOH, or pretty smelling PERFUME which makes the men envious, probably Polo Lauren or whatever his name is...

...made it a thing NOT TO BE GRASPED the royal splendor his due, his inheritance he knew was his and his RESPECt OF OTHER MEN AND women...

....making for a conundrum of life for all, that a HOMELESS man of his demeanor could actually be the Messiah come to SAVE THE WHOLE WORLD.

Amen.

And Rocky I liked your diagram of Seymore's just about as much as I like any spiritual diagram as a whole. Usually not, but this time okay.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would think that John the Baptist was rather the rough character wouldn't you say?

Matthew 3:7
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

JTheBaptist_zps7c1dbf08.png

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
rockytopva said:
I would think that John the Baptist was rather the rough character wouldn't you say?

Matthew 3:7
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

JTheBaptist_zps7c1dbf08.png

Well he weren't polished like Herod. Who killed um. And then made a speech and they all said he was an ELOHIM. And he didn't give God the glory and got struck down with evil smelling worms probably WORSE than any spirocete of Siphilus or Lyme even in his GROIN where originated much of his own sin...

But I digress....yo Rocky that fella too good LOOKIN' to be John the Baptist...what would YOU look like eaten them bugs?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nothead said:
Well he weren't polished like Herod. Who killed um. And then made a speech and they all said he was an ELOHIM. And he didn't give God the glory and got struck down with evil smelling worms probably WORSE than any spirocete of Siphilus or Lyme even in his GROIN where originated much of his own sin...

But I digress....yo Rocky that fella too good LOOKIN' to be John the Baptist...what would YOU look like eaten them bugs?
Yea... A little too clean! ^_^

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
Hey how about the doctrine behind this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVh687Kcnbo
Cool video Stan! :lol:

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
How about this one

nothead said:
I said that nothing matches up perfectly and you said the first words, whether Isa or Exodus do match perfectly, the I AM part of God's sentences. I had mentioned previously that the Hebrew DOES NOT TRANSLATE I AM, but you glossed it. Yeah you right, when God says I am he, the first the last etc. the first two words DO MATCH to ego eimi, but not Ho Own the second clause of Exodus 3.

I showed you that I AM with the complement is a common saying for anyone, not none of us necessarily God. But you glossed it again.

I go no further with you dude. Consider yourself the FIRST poster for nothead to give up on. WHERE IS YOUR HEAD??

You realize NOT that these words mean nothing at all? The blind man says I AM in chpt 9 of John the NEXT CHAPTER and only a few verses later. HE IS GOD? WHAT?

WAIT, I didn't mean that. Not NOTHING AT ALL, he is saying the same thing he says to the Samaritan woman, I am he THE MESSIAH she spoke of.
It goes with this one

nothead said:
I rike u 2. And I rike your rickshaw. HA HA HAWHEE HEEE HEEEE.

Spirit Covenant

Nov 5, 2012
Here is a short list of the worst doctrines that are not Christ's doctrines.

1. The Trinity.
2. Going to heaven when you die.
3. The rapture.
4. Hell where a devil torments the dead for eternity.
5. Once saved always saved.

The trinity is false because Christ was God come in the flesh. Christ was the father and the father was never manifested any othe time except in a whirlwind for Job and a burning bush for Moses. Christ taught us that God is Spirit. He is the Holy Spirit. Therefore we no longer have three but One Spirit and one Flesh.

Going to heaven when you die is just not in the bible at all. Heaven is God's throne where the Spirit of God sits with Christ at His right hand. There is no scripture that says any one is going to heaven. When Christ returns to earth to raise up His Saints in the resurrection from the dead He will be on earth accompanied by heaven but His saints will go up into the air of earth to meet Him when He comes in a flash of lightning. For as the Light shines from the east toward the west so shall the coming of the son of man be.

The rapture is false because it also is not in the bible at all.

The wages of sin is death. there is no eternal life being tormented by the devil promised to anyone. Hell was translated from four different words.

And the final one is that no one is saved until they receive their final reward from Christ for holding on and running the race to the end. So if a person is not saved until they are saved the "always saved" has no place in the truth.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Spirit Covenant said:
The trinity is false because Christ was God come in the flesh.
Umm thats what the Trinity teaches :blink:

Spirit Covenant said:
Christ was the father and the father was never manifested any othe time except in a whirlwind for Job and a burning bush for Moses.

Christ is the Father, yes, once again Trinity teaching.

The angel of the Lord speaks as God, identifies Himself with God, and exercises the responsibilities of God (Genesis 16:7-12;21:17-18;22:11-18;Exodus 3:2;Judges 2:1-4;5:23;6:11-24;13:3-22;2 Samuel 24:16;Zechariah 1:12;3:1;12:8). In several of these appearances, those who saw the angel of the Lord feared for their lives because they had “seen the Lord.” Therefore, it is clear that in at least some instances, the angel of the Lord is a theophany, an appearance of God in physical form.

And lets not forget this one Genesis 18:1
The LORD appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day.

Spirit Covenant said:
Christ taught us that God is Spirit.
Yup

John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

Spirit Covenant said:
He is the Holy Spirit.
Yuuuup
1 Corinthians 2:10–11
These things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. For who knows a person’s thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

Spirit Covenant said:
Therefore we no longer have three but One Spirit and one Flesh.
One in substance yes, as for the rest, the bible doesnt teach that.

Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, (Jesus's words)

Spirit Covenant said:
Going to heaven when you die is just not in the bible at all.
2 Corinthians 5:6 Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord.
2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.
Luke 23:43 Jesus answered him, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise."
Acts 7:55-60:
“But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him, dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their coats at the feet of a young man named Saul. While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.”

Spirit Covenant said:
Heaven is God's throne where the Spirit of God sits with Christ at His right hand.

Hang on didnt you just before say "Therefore we no longer have three but One Spirit and one Flesh. "

In this sentence you just described Gods throne, Gods Spirit and Christ in the same room?

Spirit Covenant said:
  • Matthew 24:30-36
    "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
Hey your right!!! the word rapture is not in the Bible!! :eek:

Spirit Covenant said:
And the final one is that no one is saved until they receive their final reward from Christ for holding on and running the race to the end. So if a person is not saved until they are saved the "always saved" has no place in the truth.
Yes its the fruit of the Sprit that is in us, the mark of a Christian is repentance. Someone who calls themselves a Christian but does not have a heart to repent never was a Christian. But Gods promise in John 3:16 stands as our hope, so we do not give up on him and we run the race to the end.

Blessings :rolleyes:

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Spirit Covenant said:
Here is a short list of the worst doctrines that are not Christ's doctrines.

1. The Trinity.
2. Going to heaven when you die.
3. The rapture.
4. Hell where a devil torments the dead for eternity.
5. Once saved always saved.

The trinity is false because Christ was God come in the flesh. Christ was the father and the father was never manifested any othe time except in a whirlwind for Job and a burning bush for Moses. Christ taught us that God is Spirit. He is the Holy Spirit. Therefore we no longer have three but One Spirit and one Flesh.

Going to heaven when you die is just not in the bible at all. Heaven is God's throne where the Spirit of God sits with Christ at His right hand. There is no scripture that says any one is going to heaven. When Christ returns to earth to raise up His Saints in the resurrection from the dead He will be on earth accompanied by heaven but His saints will go up into the air of earth to meet Him when He comes in a flash of lightning. For as the Light shines from the east toward the west so shall the coming of the son of man be.

The wages of sin is death. there is no eternal life being tormented by the devil promised to anyone. Hell was translated from four different words.

Satan stands and applauds your thinking...we see he is teaching you well.......and also we are so sorry you have chosen to bow to your adversary.
Satan sayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz "Give this person my student a A+

DEBijbel

May 30, 2014
kjw47 said:
I was taught that 4th one was done away with in the new covenant. Its almost like an impossibility to keep that one.
What was changed God's 10 Commandments or was it the was it laws of the temple? The ceremonial laws these where practiced by the Jews in their temple. these practices pointed to the coming of Jesus and Him being the lamb of God, to Give his live for all. So that those who confest and repented their sins God could through the blood of Christ give then the forgiveness that was needed at judgement time.
If we pray to be forgiven those as with the Jews in their temple these sins taken to alter, and left until the cleansing of the temple ones a year, This was symbolic to our prayer where our sins are laid until the cleansing of the heavenly temple at judgement time.
This is what we read in Ephesians 2:11-16 (ASV)
11 Wherefore remember, that once ye, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called Circumcision, in the flesh, made by hands;
12 that ye were at that time separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of the promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye that once were far off are made nigh in the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who made both one, and brake down the middle wall of partition,
15 having abolished in the flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; that he might create in himself of the two one new man, so making peace;
16 and might reconcile them both in one body unto God through the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

The new covenant is we now can come directly to God in prayer as the curtain between the holy and the most Holy in the temple was removed when Jesus died for us on the cross.
And is our high priest in heaven.

However God's Ten commandments are not changed; John 13:33-35 (ASV)
33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say unto you.
34 A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; even as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

1 John 2:7 (ASV)
7 Beloved, no new commandment write I unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning: the old commandment is the word which ye heard.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are numerous "bad doctrine" that has is being promulgated by the churches. But the one that that has literally caused murder is the Trinity. This doctrine or dogma originated with the Catholic church ("catholic" means "universal" or "one size fits all", binding pagan teachings with so-called "Christian" ones to satisfy all parties).

Because his Roman empire was being threatened from the inside due to religious differences (especially who God and Jesus are), Constantine (about 274-337 C.E.) called the "bishops" together (some 1,800, but of which only from 250 to 318 attended and of Pope Syvestor I was not present) to Nicaea (located in the eastern, Greek speaking domain of his empire, near Constantinople) in 325 C.E. to settle the dispute.

After fierce debate, out of that unrepresentative council came the Nicene Creed with its heavy bias toward Trinitarian thought, that God and Jesus were of the same "substance". Even Eusebius, who was initially against the thought of Jesus and God ' co-existing ', both having no beginning, went over to the opposing side, so at the close of the Council, he caved in to overwhelming support for the concept of a Trinity.

The Encyclopedia Britannica states: "Constantine himself presided, actively guiding the discussions, and personally proposed......the crucial formula expressing the relation of Christ to God in the creed issued by the council, ‘of one substance with the Father’.......Overawed by the emperor, the bishops, with two exceptions only, signed the creed, many of them much against their inclination.” Yet it failed to settle the doctrinal argument. It did not clarify the role of God's holy spirit in Trinitarian theology.

The debate raged for decades, requiring more councils and the authority of different emperors and the use of banishment to achieve eventual conformity. With the council of Constantinople in 381 C.E. under the reign of Roman Emperor Theodosius I (346-395 C.E.), it said that the holy spirit was the third person of the "Godhead" (this word nor the word "trinity" is found in the original Biblical writings). Now the Trinitarian dogma was finalized.

But is the Trinity true ? Jesus told his eleven faithful apostles: "If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am."(John 14:28) Jesus pointed out that he is inferior to the Father. The apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthian Christians: "But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God."(1 Cor 11:3) Paul makes it clear that Jesus has a head - God - just as the man is head of the woman within both a marriage and the congregation.

At John 8, Jesus tells the Jews: "After you have lifted up the Son of man (by putting him to death on a torture stake), then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me, I speak these things. And the One who sent me is with me; he did not abandon me to myself, because I always do the things pleasing to him.”(John 8:28, 29)

Jesus recognized his role in the outworking of God's purposes, that he did "nothing of (his) own initiative; but just as the Father taught me, I speak these things." Jesus was taught whereas Isaiah 40 says of God: "Who has taken the measurements of the spirit of Jehovah, and who can instruct him as his adviser ? With whom did he consult to gain understanding, or who teaches him in the path of justice, or teaches him knowledge, or shows him the way of true understanding ?"(Isa 40:13, 14)

Thence, the apostle Paul wrote, alluding to Isaiah 40: "For “who has come to know the mind of Jehovah, so that he may instruct him ?” But we do have the mind of Christ."(1 Cor 2:16) Paul clearly distinguished between Jehovah God and Jesus, noting that no imperfect human can "come to know the mind of Jehovah", but we can "have the mind of Christ".

And Paul further wrote that Jesus "is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation."(Col:15) Paul establishes that Jesus is "the image of the invisible God", not God himself and that he had a beginning, the "firstborn of all creation". The apostle John concurs on this at Revelation 3:14.

Only with these few Scriptures, it can be determined that Jesus and Jehovah are not equal, but that Jesus is as he himself said, "the only-begotten Son of God".(John 3:16) That is why Jesus worships the Father.(John 4:22, 24) It can now recognized that the Trinity is "bad doctrine", one that will disappear forever with all the other false religious doctrines and practices of "Babylon the Great", the world empire of false religion.(Rev 17:5, 16; 18:8)

Spirit Covenant

Nov 5, 2012
RANDOR said:
Satan stands and applauds your thinking...we see he is teaching you well.......and also we are so sorry you have chosen to bow to your adversary.
Satan is a Hebrew word that simply means the adversary of God. so with that I say `Get behind me, Adversary, because you don't care about the things of God, but love the things of men.'

Madad21 said:
Umm thats what the Trinity teaches :blink:

Christ is the Father, yes, once again Trinity teaching.

The angel of the Lord speaks as God, identifies Himself with God, and exercises the responsibilities of God (Genesis 16:7-12;21:17-18;22:11-18;Exodus 3:2;Judges 2:1-4;5:23;6:11-24;13:3-22;2 Samuel 24:16;Zechariah 1:12;3:1;12:8). In several of these appearances, those who saw the angel of the Lord feared for their lives because they had “seen the Lord.” Therefore, it is clear that in at least some instances, the angel of the Lord is a theophany, an appearance of God in physical form.

And lets not forget this one Genesis 18:1
The LORD appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day.

Yup

John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

Yuuuup
1 Corinthians 2:10–11
These things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. For who knows a person’s thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

One in substance yes, as for the rest, the bible doesnt teach that.

Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, (Jesus's words)

2 Corinthians 5:6 Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord.
2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.
Luke 23:43 Jesus answered him, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise."
Acts 7:55-60:
“But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him, dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their coats at the feet of a young man named Saul. While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.”

Hang on didnt you just before say "Therefore we no longer have three but One Spirit and one Flesh. "

In this sentence you just described Gods throne, Gods Spirit and Christ in the same room?

• Matthew 24:30-36
    "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
Hey your right!!! the word rapture is not in the Bible!! :eek:

Yes its the fruit of the Sprit that is in us, the mark of a Christian is repentance. Someone who calls themselves a Christian but does not have a heart to repent never was a Christian. But Gods promise in John 3:16 stands as our hope, so we do not give up on him and we run the race to the end.

Blessings :rolleyes:
Uriel, Michael, Gabriel, ect. are created beings Yes they have the Spirit of God but by measure. Unlike Melchizedek who is God and Christ. Also the three Lords that visited Abraham were Christ who is God.

The scripture more accurately states "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the head of the household, the Son, the Holy Spirit."

"And of the" is not in the Greek or the Latin texts. King James translators were not willing to put their lives on the Line to print the absolute truth. This is why you are to Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Welcome DEBijbel!

I believe the intent of the law was to bring life, there is a life giving spirit behind it. The new covenant is all about obeying the spirit behind the law. To obey the letter of the law has proven impossible for all but one. To obey the spirit of the law is possible for someone who knows Jesus.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
RANDOR, on 29 May 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:
RANDOR said:
QUOTE:::Satan is a Hebrew word that simply means the adversary of God. so with that I say `Get behind me, Adversary, because you don't care about the things of God, but love the things of men.'

If you be calling me the adversary............now that's the funniest thing I've heard in the past 26 years.....

Now..................if you have called me the adversary 27 years ago and back........................then you would have been correct.

But cha are a little to late on that one.

I see your spirit has no clue of the spirit which is in me.......Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Actually.....to call me the adversary............tells me you have never asked Jesus to forgive you of your sins.

True born again Christians don't debate.............they agree. same spirit......same truth.........same Jesus.....

and guess what..............................we were shown Christ........... not taught about Him

Actually..............most of us have met Him................................and I mean......................in person.