Name a really bad doctrine that needs retiring

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
StanJ said:
How about the doctrine of how we go to heaven when we die. I never really realized how many people accept that premise.
It is difficult to fully understand heaven from the eternal perspective. So much so I think God permits errancy concerning this.

Spirit Covenant

Nov 5, 2012
RANDOR said:
RANDOR, on 29 May 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

QUOTE:::Satan is a Hebrew word that simply means the adversary of God. so with that I say `Get behind me, Adversary, because you don't care about the things of God, but love the things of men.'

If you be calling me the adversary............now that's the funniest thing I've heard in the past 26 years.....

Now..................if you have called me the adversary 27 years ago and back........................then you would have been correct.

But cha are a little to late on that one.

I see your spirit has no clue of the spirit which is in me.......Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Actually.....to call me the adversary............tells me you have never asked Jesus to forgive you of your sins.

True born again Christians don't debate.............they agree. same spirit......same truth.........same Jesus.....

and guess what..............................we were shown Christ........... not taught about Him

Actually..............most of us have met Him................................and I mean......................in person.

A little mixed up are you? You responded to my post in slander. Acting as an adversary. You were not ashamed to speak evil of one that you don't know. Nor do you know how to blush after being rebuked.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Huh?..............sorry.......still don't have a clue what your talking about....apparently you do though....is this just a secret between you and yourself?

Never had to blush.....................is that used with makeup?

Oh.......and if I spoke evil of you.............that was not intent........and if I don't know you......then that is because you haven't shown yourself

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
lforrest said:
It is difficult to fully understand heaven from the eternal perspective. So much so I think God permits errancy concerning this.
Yeh...NO!
God expects us to RIGHTLY divide the Word of Truth. I actually had a lady friend a few years ago who was so offended by my telling her we aren't bound for heaven, that she stopped seeing me.
I'm sure God wants us to reach accurately. He does not PERMIT doctrinal errors.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
StanJ said:
Yeh...NO!
God expects us to RIGHTLY divide the Word of Truth. I actually had a lady friend a few years ago who was so offended by my telling her we aren't bound for heaven, that she stopped seeing me.
What is it to God if someone believes a false doctrine that has no bearing on their lives?

But I agree that the teaching of false doctrine is unacceptable, which is why it is extra important to stay grounded in the Word. Don't stack your doctrine up like a house of cards. It is better to say you don't know than to teach in error.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
StanJ said:
Yeh...NO!
HI Stan..hope this finds you well.............Just curious...............if we are not bound for heaven.....what bus/ship/plane/train/car/spaceship/boat do i need to get on to take me to God after I croak? :)

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
lforrest said:
What is it to God if someone believes a false doctrine that has no bearing on their lives?

But I agree that the teaching of false doctrine is unacceptable, which is why it is extra important to stay grounded in the Word. Don't stack your doctrine up like a house of cards. It is better to say you don't know than to teach in error.
Because He is TURTH, and does not accept anything but....
Yes I agree, but most people don't KNOW and then sometimes react vehemently when confronted with the truth.
RANDOR said:
HI Stan..hope this finds you well.............Just curious...............if we are not bound for heaven.....what bus/ship/plane/train/car/spaceship/boat do i need to get on to take me to God after I croak? :)
Thanks, u 2 Randor...
When we die, before Jesus returns, we will go to the same place Abraham, Lazarus and the good thief on the cross went...Paradise.
Heaven is for God and the angels only...it was never meant for His creation...nor frogs! ;)

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
StanJ said:
Because He is TURTH, and does not accept anything but....
Yes I agree, but most people don't KNOW and then sometimes react vehemently when confronted with the truth.

Thanks, u 2 Randor...
When we die, before Jesus returns, we will go to the same place Abraham, Lazarus and the good thief on the cross went...Paradise.
Heaven is for God and the angels only...it was never meant for His creation...nor frogs! ;)
Cool................now if I was that chick....which I'm not.....I be a DUDE!!!!

I wouldn't of left ya for saying that.....
Paradise....Heaven...............to me......I would say go and in hand...

It's how Jesus told us all how to get there...is the main part of the act.

Now....if she had a problem on how Jesus taught us in His word how to receive salvation.....then she needs to keep on walkin :)

And don't look back.........................for she will turn into a pillar of Green Chilli

Chopper

Jun 26, 2014
Greenfield, Massachusetts
According to the OP I would like to retire the doctrine of Baptist Churches that certain gifts of the Holy Spirit has ceased. Like not having a five fold ministry in our local assemblies.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Chopper said:
According to the OP I would like to retire the doctrine of Baptist Churches that certain gifts of the Holy Spirit has ceased. Like not having a five fold ministry in our local assemblies.
Hey Chopper...almost didn't recognize ya! ;)

B

brakelite

StanJ said:
Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Okay, this establishes that in the middle of paradise, where you say we go but is not heaven, is the tree of life.

Revelation 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
Revelation 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

And here we have again the tree of life, which grows either side of the river of life, which itself flows directly out of the throne of the Father and the Son. Is it your contention then that this same river travels a very long way (however long it may be) from heaven to paradise?

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
brakelite said:
Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Okay, this establishes that in the middle of paradise, where you say we go but is not heaven, is the tree of life.

Revelation 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
Revelation 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

And here we have again the tree of life, which grows either side of the river of life, which itself flows directly out of the throne of the Father and the Son. Is it your contention then that this same river travels a very long way (however long it may be) from heaven to paradise?
No, the tree of life is ONLY in the NEW Jerusalem on the NEW earth. Rev 2:7 is referring to the NEW Jerusalem in Rev 22, as that is where God will live. It's the Paradise OF God, not simply paradise.

Tex

Jun 29, 2014
1. Spiritual monism: the belief that human beings are essentially souls with bodies. Opposed to hylomorphism, the belief that people are essentially both body AND soul.

2. The above looks real weird until you think of the conclusions. The first is the resurrection becomes useless. If I own a body and not AM a body, why do I need this prison anyway? Also, as was really common in the early church, sins of the body no longer matter. Homosexuality? Thats just my body. Assault? Just my body. There are too many excuses that come from incorrectly dismissing the body as part of the essence of a human being.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
There is a doctrine in most churches that Jesus is not the Messiah. Why is that? Because it denies the fact that Jesus said he came to fulfill all prophecy -
Luk 18:31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.
Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

They also deny that Jesus would come back before some of his disciples would taste death.
Mar 9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

False prophecy teachers change ‘this gemeration’ to mean ‘our generation’ instead of the generation of those to whom Jesus spoke.

Mat_11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
Mat_12:41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.
Mat_12:42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
Mat_23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
Mat_24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
Mar_8:12 And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.
Mar_13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
Luk_7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?
Luk_11:30 For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.
Luk_11:31 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
Luk_11:32 The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.
Luk_11:50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;
Luk_11:51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.
Luk_17:25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
Luk_21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

There is no fear of God in this false doctrine!

Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Can anyone believe that the above scripture would not apply to the entire bible?

I respond to this OP with a heavy heart and pray that one would study the above as a Berean and come accept this truth.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Tex said:
1. Spiritual monism: the belief that human beings are essentially souls with bodies. Opposed to hylomorphism, the belief that people are essentially both body AND soul.

2. The above looks real weird until you think of the conclusions. The first is the resurrection becomes useless. If I own a body and not AM a body, why do I need this prison anyway? Also, as was really common in the early church, sins of the body no longer matter. Homosexuality? Thats just my body. Assault? Just my body. There are too many excuses that come from incorrectly dismissing the body as part of the essence of a human being.
I disagree with you Tex. When we are resurrected, we are given a new body. The old body cannot enter the Kingdom of heaven because it is made of flesh. Please note:

2 Corinthians 5
For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven, 3 if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. 4 For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life. 5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

9 Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Tex

Jun 29, 2014
Angelina said:
I disagree with you Tex. When we are resurrected, we are given a new body. The old body cannot enter the Kingdom of heaven because it is made of flesh. Please note:

2 Corinthians 5
For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven, 3 if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. 4 For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life. 5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

9 Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
Precisely. We're given a body. A body is necessary for human perfection. The new kingdom comes down to the new earth. Adam and Eve were made from the dirt. Our new bodies will equally be dirt. And they will be glorious. Before resurrection, so before your new body, how do you "enter the kingdom of heaven"? When you have no eyes, what does that kingdom look like? When you have no legs, how do you use the golden streets?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Tex, this is an interesting topic. If you would like to discuss it more, [ and I certainly would] please create another thread so that this one does not go off track. :)

Thanks and welcome to CyB!

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Tex said:
Precisely. We're given a body. A body is necessary for human perfection. The new kingdom comes down to the new earth. Adam and Eve were made from the dirt. Our new bodies will equally be dirt. And they will be glorious. Before resurrection, so before your new body, how do you "enter the kingdom of heaven"? When you have no eyes, what does that kingdom look like? When you have no legs, how do you use the golden streets?
The Kingdom of Heaven is NOW. The NEW Jerusalem is where we will live forever, but our bodies are changed before Christ's 1000 year reign so we can live that long. There will be a tree of life in the New Jerusalem.