Name That Bible!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think an apt name for the Bible would be, Journey Back To Eden.

I think that's all encompassing of the over-arching theme of the Bible.
Right.
A restoration of our relationship with the creator.
Regaining paradise lost.

/

Reactions: MA2444

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People might realize the word of God is no more or less than what each individual sees in it, there is no church other than The Church of What We Each Believe, and there is no Christianity apart from what's going inside your head and your personal communion with your personal notion of God.
Is that the church Jesus promised to build?
"The Church of What We Each Believe" ???

/

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was thinking (that shows all that edumacation paid off, lol) and wondered if I were to rename the Bible, What would I name it?

I'm not meaning to take anything away from the word of God, it's just an excercise of sorts. I've read the entire book cover to cover several times and have a pretty good grasp of the message contained therein. Enough so that I could make a name for it which sounds applicable and respectful.

I thought of a great name for it, but before I tell you what it is, I wondered what others might name it? :IDK:
God's Good Library

Reactions: MA2444 and MatthewG

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that the church Jesus promised to build?
"The Church of What We Each Believe" ???

/
Yes, I think it is. The church Jesus is talking about is "who you are," not "what you believe." If you're following His path, I don't think He gives a steaming bowl of bat guano what we believe - because what we believe is almost surely at least 75% wrong anyway.

And now you have read what I sincerely hope is my last post ever on these forums. (Hold your applause, @Behold.)

(I reserve the right to add to my blog for my own amusement as the spirit - or even the Spirit - moves me. Or even as a couple of bottles of Guinness Stout move me.)

• Sad
Reactions: St. SteVen

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
But bible literally meaning 'the books'... How original.

Reminds me of Christian music that repeats a verse from Psalms to a secular melody and calls it a day.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, I know.
Field Manual...

We are soldiers in the Kingdom of God in this war, right?

We are in the field.. We are not from here but from somewhere else.