Name That Bible!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was thinking (that shows all that edumacation paid off, lol) and wondered if I were to rename the Bible, What would I name it?

I'm not meaning to take anything away from the word of God, it's just an excercise of sorts. I've read the entire book cover to cover several times and have a pretty good grasp of the message contained therein. Enough so that I could make a name for it which sounds applicable and respectful.

I thought of a great name for it, but before I tell you what it is, I wondered what others might name it? :IDK:

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I was thinking (that shows all that edumacation paid off, lol) and wondered if I were to rename the Bible, What would I name it?

I'm not meaning to take anything away from the word of God, it's just an excercise of sorts. I've read the entire book cover to cover several times and have a pretty good grasp of the message contained therein. Enough so that I could make a name for it which sounds applicable and respectful.

I thought of a great name for it, but before I tell you what it is, I wondered what others might name it? :IDK:
I've always liked this arrangement:

1710466416750.png

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This may come off as disrespectful. So...

--- READER BE WARNED ---

You just couldn't resist, could you?

--- READER BE WARNED ---

After reading The Bible Tells Me So... by Peter Enns, ...

--- READER BE WARNED ---

1710504976213.jpeg

I wanted to attach a label to the front cover that replaced HOLY BIBLE with...

Here's what we
think happened

? ? ?

/

• Haha
Reactions: Lambano and MA2444

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Interesting topic, thanks.

/

Reactions: MA2444

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But seriously...

If our scriptures had this title on the cover, how would that affect our view of the scriptures and what church was about?

/
People might realize the word of God is no more or less than what each individual sees in it, there is no church other than The Church of What We Each Believe, and there is no Christianity apart from what's going inside your head and your personal communion with your personal notion of God.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Old Testament is called “the Writings/Scripture.”

The New Testament wasn’t called that until, someone deemed it that is called the New Testament. The Apostolic Record would be more preferred in that.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People might realize the word of God is no more or less than what each individual sees in it ...
Imagine what a difference that would make in what is spoken from the pulpit.
Affirming people on their journey with God instead of brainwashing them with standard dogma.
AND ... the way we would treat one another. No need for denominational division.
The church, the Body of Christ as ONE people under the head. Serving God and one another.

Build bridges, not walls.

/

• Love
Reactions: MA2444 and O'Darby

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine what a difference that would make in what is spoken from the pulpit.
Affirming people on their journey with God instead of brainwashing them with standard dogma.
AND ... the way we would treat one another. No need for denominational division.
The church, the Body of Christ as ONE people under the head. Serving God and one another.

Build bridges, not walls.

/
Unfortunately, perhaps the One Great Truth of Christianity is what it says about human nature - a mysterious propensity toward evil, an overarching pride and arrogance, an almost pathological need to be "right" and emerge "the winner," a love of the world and worldly things (money! power! fame! sex!) that always gets in the way of faith. Despite all the prattling about the Holy Spirit, human nature within "Christianity" seems (to me) little different from human nature within atheism or Scientology or Hinduism. If we believe the Holy Spirit is real and not fantasy, what we observe tells me "Christianity" is simply not what Jesus was talking about.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, perhaps the One Great Truth of Christianity is what it says about human nature - a mysterious propensity toward evil, an overarching pride and arrogance, an almost pathological need to be "right" and emerge "the winner," a love of the world and worldly things (money! power! fame! sex!) that always gets in the way of faith. Despite all the prattling about the Holy Spirit, human nature within "Christianity" seems (to me) little different from human nature within atheism or Scientology or Hinduism. If we believe the Holy Spirit is real and not fantasy, what we observe tells me "Christianity" is simply not what Jesus was talking about.
The problem is, when a church tells you what is good and bad, and if you someone doing bad, you better correct them (not speaking of children.) Church can be seen as the knowledge of good and evil tree, and not the tree which brings forth life, which is (Jesus, his death, burial, and resurrection.) There is no telling how much a Hindu person could have the spirit of Christ in them if they are seeking God out, in spirit and true ; despite religious doings, from culture. God by his spirit is able to write on the minds and hearts of those who are his, in faith. With us knowing good and evil or at least learning about it, it’s know from a very young age, unless a person is so sheltered… they are ignorant of what is good or bad —- say along the lines of a cannibal that kills people to eat them…

Lots of weird and strange things we has human beings do. We love to have control. We have the choice to either to bad or good, or bring life to others through Christ by the Spirit.

Last edited:

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think an apt name for the Bible would be, Journey Back To Eden.

I think that's all encompassing of the over-arching theme of the Bible.