Nation born in a day in 1948?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1.That God is regathering the people of Israel from th enations where they were scattered.
That is the point you need to provide Scripture for. Not that they would be in that place and have gathered there, but that, in this end time, GOD gathered them there. Please do not offer historical references and try to apply them to the last days unless they actually clearly apply. Example, Eze 20 does not.
2. the regathering is in anger and with fury and judgment in mind.
3. He will judge the nation (people), rid them of the rebels (2/3 of all Jews die in the tribulation)
That is a given as it is clear prophesy.

4. The remaining Jews that survive will accept Jesus as messiah.
True, then He gathers them to the land.
5. When He returns they will inherit the promised land in peace and Jerusalem will be the center of the earth.
[/QUOTE] True again. Looks like you have only one point to focus on. That also happens to be the topic.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So God is a disinterested party to Israels regathering in 1948 to you?
He is very interested in Palestinian believers, and all believers, such as Jewish believers. He told us Israel would be there and invaded in the end. His interest did not include ordering terrorist acts such as blowing up a hotel, or etc. That would be man's idea, in this case the men forming or involved with the secular nation of Israel.
"The King David Hotel bombing was a terrorist attack- carried out on Monday, July 22, 1946, by the militant right-wing[9] Zionist underground organization the Irgun.." -- "
Irgun's tactics appealed to many Jews who believed that any action taken in the cause of the creation of a Jewish state was justified, including terrorism.[16]

The Irgun was a political predecessor to Israel's right-wing Herut (or "Freedom") party, which led to today's Likud party.[17] Likud has led or been part of most Israeli governments since 1977"
-wiki
When God gathers them to that land He will obliterate all their enemies in one righteous judgment. That brings to mind another point. The modern nation was formed over years by political and other tactics, not in a day! The nation of the redeemed remnant will be formed in a day literally.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But to give you afew more verses about God gathering Israel back and judges them prior to the tribulationa nd also th etribulation is a main point in breaking the will of Israel to accept jesus.

Ez. 20:33-38 You say this is history- now sho w the dates that fulfill this- not just a kind of close thing.
Ez. 22:17-22 This couldn't have happened yet- Israel doesn't know yet Yahweh has poured out his wrath on them.
Looking at this commentary, for example we see that it is viewed as history.
"
Verse Ezekiel 20:47. I will kindle a fire — I will send war, "and it shall devour every green tree," the most eminent and substantial of the inhabitants; and every dry tree, the lowest and meanest also.

The flaming flame shall not be quenched — The fierce ravages of Nebuchadnezzar and the Chaldeans shall not be stopped till the whole land is ruined.

All faces from the south to the north shalt be burned — From the one end of the land to the other there shall be nothing but fear, dismay, terror, and confusion, occasioned by the wide-wasting violence of the Chaldeans. Judea lay in length from north to south."
https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/eng/acc/ezekiel-20.html#verse-39

I could see how this could also apply to the future. It is also apparently correct that God did scatter them, and lead them back to Israel in history. The people were again scattered after Rome destroyed Jerusalem, right? So ho does this chapter, or any other apply to GOD bringing them back to that land after this time when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem?

Ez. 36:22-24 The regathering from the nations where Jews profaned His name is taking place.
Let's look at the text

Ezekiel 36:22
Therefore say unto the house of Israel, thus saith the Lord God ; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
Ezekiel 36:23
And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord , saith the Lord God , when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
Ezekiel 36:24
For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
Ezekiel 36:25
Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Ezekiel 36:26
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Ezekiel 36:27
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

That is not today. Obviously. So when He does gather them from the nations where they were (and were in rebellion as well)that will be easy to see because He will give them new hearts and make them clean etc.
Is, 11:11-12 You say this is not taking place, yet is happening before our eyes.

No possible way.

We see what will happen in that day it talks about.
Isaiah 11:9
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord , as the waters cover the sea.
Isaiah 11:10
And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

There is absolutely no way this was 1948.
Zeph 2:1-2 trhere is a time when Jehovah's anger comes on Israel (the 70th week) they have to gather before then or continue till thyen.
Your own verses tell us the opposite of what you claim!
Zephaniah 2:1
Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired;

He tells them to gather themselves. Hard to argue that one!

So there is a regathering in unbelief for Gods anger to pour out on them
Yes, as your verse says, they gather THEMSELVES!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the point you need to provide Scripture for. Not that they would be in that place and have gathered there, but that, in this end time, GOD gathered them there. Please do not offer historical references and try to apply them to the last days unless they actually clearly apply. Example, Eze 20 does not.

Prove Ezekiel 20 does not apply.

33 As I live, saith the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:

34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.

36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord God.

37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:

38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

YOu say it doesn't but have yet to provide real evidence to prove your allegation.

Ha

Add verse 2! Right now Israel is "not my people". God is gathering the church to Christ, Jew and Gentile in one body. But you seem to think He has nothing to do with the nation of Israel now---Wrong.

Verse Ezekiel 20:47. I will kindle a fire — I will send war, "and it shall devour every green tree," the most eminent and substantial of the inhabitants; and every dry tree, the lowest and meanest also.

The flaming flame shall not be quenched — The fierce ravages of Nebuchadnezzar and the Chaldeans shall not be stopped till the whole land is ruined.

Oh so now we are playing- the bible says this but this is what it really means to deffend your position? No thanks.

All of Judea was not ruined by nebuchadnezzar. So every noble person was devoured by Nebuchadnezzar? Same with all the poor? So the tens of thousands taken to Babylon were middle class? What about the tens of thousands lewft behind? Middle class as well? Or is every another term you need to redefine to make this fit your agenda?

And what pray tell does this actually mean to you?

46 Son of man, set thy face toward the south, and drop thy word toward the south, and prophesy against the forest of the south field;

47 And say to the forest of the south.

what is a forest and what is a forest of the south field?

And you forget that Ezekiel his book while He wasin captivity in Babylon after ISrael was attacked. that would have been history and not prophecy!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here we go again, chapter and verse? (better not be eze 20 that I posted a commentary on that placed it as history)

Well as you gave allegorical commentary of verses surrounding this passage and not this passage I still await your proof of Ez. 20:33-38 not Ez, 20:47
and Ez. 36.

We see what will happen in that day it talks about.
Isaiah 11:9
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord , as the waters cover the sea.
Isaiah 11:10
And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

There is absolutely no way this was 1948.

And I agree with you that these two verse are not 1948

Your own verses tell us the opposite of what you claim!

This is what is happening now. Israel is gathering before the great and terrible day of the Lord (the tribulation) Everytime you see the word regather or dasy of the Lord it is notr always Jesus' return. Context determies which day is being spoken of!

At the mid point of the Tribulation, JOhn was toold to measure th etemple but to leave theouter court out. That in itself presupposes Israel is back in the land to rebuild a temple.

Yes, as your verse says, they gather THEMSELVES!

Who commands the gathering though?

Zephaniah 2
King James Version

2 Gather yourselves together

Now you are straining at gnats to swallow camels.

The disciples met in Galilee, they went there but at teh Lords Command!

So when do you think the regathering from the globe will taske place where God will enter into judgment with them in fury and anger poured out against theem? When will they be regathered to pass under the rod of gods judgment? When will they be reagtheres to purge the rebels out from among them? We know the gatheriing in Matt. 24 is only of th eelect so that means no rebels. So when does this regathering take place?????????????????

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Prove Ezekiel 20 does not apply.

33 As I live, saith the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:

34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.

The question in this text is when He did that. The commentaries I looked at suggest it was history. So we have a judgment of God that scattered His people due to sins.

36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord God.

37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:

38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

When? Are you suggesting that this applies to modern day Israel?

YOu say it doesn't but have yet to provide real evidence to prove your allegation.
No, you offered a historical text that commentaries discuss as if it were a future last days prophesy. I do not need to do anything, the claim falls flat. Your quest was to show beyond doubt that this was a last days prophesy. Thankfully we have actual last day prophesies aplenty and they would not match up with your scenario.

Add verse 2! Right now Israel is "not my people". God is gathering the church to Christ, Jew and Gentile in one body. But you seem to think He has nothing to do with the nation of Israel now---Wrong.
Israel are His people and now they are in rebellion. Only a remnant can and will be saved. In the chapter you cite it is talking about Israel.
Zephaniah 2:4
For Gaza shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon a desolation: they shall drive out Ashdod at the noon day, and Ekron shall be rooted up.
Zephaniah 2:5
Woe unto the inhabitants of the sea coast, the nation of the Cherethites! the word of the Lord is against you; O Canaan, the land of the Philistines, I will even destroy thee, that there shall be no inhabitant.
Zephaniah 2:6
And the sea coast shall be dwellings and cottages for shepherds, and folds for flocks.
Zephaniah 2:7
And the coast shall be for the remnant of the house of Judah; they shall feed thereupon: in the houses of Ashkelon shall they lie down in the evening: for the Lord their God shall visit them, and turn away their captivity.
Zephaniah 2:8
I have heard the reproach of Moab, and the revilings of the children of Ammon, whereby they have reproached my people, and magnified themselves against their border.
Zephaniah 2:9
Therefore as I live, saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, Surely Moab shall be as Sodom, and the children of Ammon as Gomorrah, even the breeding of nettles, and saltpits, and a perpetual desolation: the residue of my people shall spoil them, and the remnant of my people shall possess them.

Does that really sound like the 'church' to you??

All of Judea was not ruined by nebuchadnezzar. So every noble person was devoured by Nebuchadnezzar? Same with all the poor? So the tens of thousands taken to Babylon were middle class? What about the tens of thousands lewft behind? Middle class as well? Or is every another term you need to redefine to make this fit your agenda?

And what pray tell does this actually mean to you?

46 Son of man, set thy face toward the south, and drop thy word toward the south, and prophesy against the forest of the south field;

47 And say to the forest of the south.

what is a forest and what is a forest of the south field?

And you forget that Ezekiel his book while He wasin captivity in Babylon after ISrael was attacked. that would have been history and not prophecy!
Sorry, there is nothing clear there that places anything in the end time. What has a south field got to do with God gathering Israel in 1948??!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well as you gave allegorical commentary of verses surrounding this passage and not this passage I still await your proof of Ez. 20:33-38 not Ez, 20:47
and Ez. 36.
Sometimes we look before and after passages to get some sort of context. Some of us even look at the rest of the bible as well!

And I agree with you that these two verse are not 1948
OK, two down then.

This is what is happening now. Israel is gathering before the great and terrible day of the Lord (the tribulation) Everytime you see the word regather or dasy of the Lord it is notr always Jesus' return. Context determies which day is being spoken of!
They gathered their selves. Ha. That is the context. Of course they have to be there to be invaded. That does not mean God gathered them. Some people try to suggest we ought to love and support the modern secular state of Israel as a duty to God.
At the mid point of the Tribulation, JOhn was toold to measure th etemple but to leave theouter court out. That in itself presupposes Israel is back in the land to rebuild a temple.
Say what? Chapter and verse about the mid point of the Trib?

Who commands the gathering though?
Who cares? They were told to gather themselves. Therefore I cannot blame God for what they did when the rebellious people did gather their little selves.

2 Gather yourselves together

Now you are straining at gnats to swallow camels.
No, that is the heart of the matter of the thread. Either God gathered them already in 1948, or they gathered themselves and will face judgment there.
The disciples met in Galilee, they went there but at teh Lords Command!
They were saved and followers. No comparison.
So when do you think the regathering from the globe will taske place where God will enter into judgment with them in fury and anger poured out against theem?
Today! The trick is that God did not gather them, they went by themselves. The judgment is still on the way.

When will they be regathered to pass under the rod of gods judgment? When will they be reagtheres to purge the rebels out from among them?
That both happened in history and will happen again, so it depends on the verse and passage.
We know the gatheriing in Matt. 24 is only of th eelect so that means no rebels. So when does this regathering take place?????????????????
The gathering of the elect in Mat 24 is at the end. Not just Jews. All believers. It looks to me like that is after the Tribulation.
Matthew 24:30
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Why? Because when we get taken up and gathered at the Rapture, we will see Him, I don't know about all the people of the earth seeing Him then. When He returns with us, then all (every eye) will see Him.
This section does not deal with 1948 either!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question in this text is when He did that. The commentaries I looked at suggest it was history. So we have a judgment of God that scattered His people due to sins.

Suggest???????????????? So they are unsure and just tossing out an idea! History isn't a su8ggest! If it is history- we would have a recorded record of it happening.

If this was history God would have said I have brough tyou out not I will bring you out. Maybe your commentators felt God made an error?

There has never been a time in human history before 1948 that there was a return to Israel byu Jews from multiple nations.
This return is God in anger to purge and cleanse Israel.

This says it another way;

Zechariah 13:8-9
King James Version

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

Once again we see anger and purging and cleansing of unbelievers like in Ez. to get Israel to receive jesus.

YOu just seem upset that God is taking his time and has been regathering Jews back to their land to prepare them to pass under the rod of His Judgment for 74 years now! !948 was the first time there was a global return of Jews. the return of Babylon was not a multination return, nor did it accoimplish verse 38 so it cannot be history.

Sometimes we look before and after passages to get some sort of context. Some of us even look at the rest of the bible as well!

Now you are beginning ot sound like a real student of Gods Word. But do not forget other passages spread out through the Word.

and don't forget prophecy is fulilled 100% not 85% and we call it close enough! YOu have not shown how Ez. 20 was fulfilled in history yet to substantiate your hypothesis that you rcommentators call it history.

Say what? Chapter and verse about the mid point of the Trib?

Revelation 11
King James Version

11 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Who cares? They were told to gather themselves. Therefore I cannot blame God for what they did when the rebellious people did gather their little selves.

See here is a major problem iof yours. It is not Gods fault for trhe evil men do. So when He rergathers Israel to punish thyem, allow 2/3 to be killed and puirge out the rebels so the nation then will receive jesus, He foreknew they would do all these evils.

Just remember Hitler could not come to power unless God allowed it- knowing all the evil He would cause! Gods way are not our ways!

No, that is the heart of the matter of the thread. Either God gathered them already in 1948, or they gathered themselves and will face judgment there.

YOu have Israel acting outrside of the will of God! That they can do something God does not allow and approve of. So their will is equal to or greater than Gods will.

You cannot show Ez. 20 is history, for it is not. It has yet to happen. Though it is happening since 1948. YOu are just pissed because so many of the Jews are regathering in unbelief- which is exactly what the prophecies say they will./ But having been to Israel, I have also seen a small amount of the over 10,000 Messianic congregations of Jews in the land and worshipped with them. Your commentators have decieved you.

That both happened in history and will happen again, so it depends on the verse and passage.

Still waiting for you to show when Ezekiel 20 happened hitorically. YOu have declared it has happened no put up or shut up!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you that terrible of a reader? This passage is a regathering of the people that have already been scattered to many nations. We had Sennacherib gather the 10 Norhtern tribes, and Nebuchadnezzar enslave the 2 southern tribes. But neither captivity has brough tthem back form around the globe in gods fury and anger.

No, you offered a historical text that commentaries discuss as if it were a future last days prophesy. I do not need to do anything, the claim falls flat. Your quest was to show beyond doubt that this was a last days prophesy. Thankfully we have actual last day prophesies aplenty and they would not match up with your scenario.

so you say and fail to prove. It is easy to just blather out statements, but it takes work to show why I could be wrong. YOu have poohed poohed off 1948 as a quirk of nature and means nothing, but yet it fulfills prophecy.

You seem fixated on commentaries. Look at the prophecy and look at history. If it happened as prophecied- it is fulfilled. If it hasn't it is not fulfilled. 1948 has clearly shown that the birth of Israel in one day and the regathering from the diaspora that is taking place does in fact fulfill Ez. 20.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Suggest???????????????? So they are unsure and just tossing out an idea! History isn't a su8ggest!
If you were doing more we would see it by now, no? If scholars say that things are history, we would need more than for you to suggest otherwise. Especially since the last days prophesies as far as I can tell are all pretty clear.

If it is history- we would have a recorded record of it happening.
You have records of the taxes Joseph and Mary payed, and who made John the Baptist's clothes, etc? I am not sure we are supposed to have all events in the captivity era catalogued by someone somewhere? Is there something in Eze 20 that a commentary sees as history that you can dispute factually?

If this was history God would have said I have brough tyou out not I will bring you out. Maybe your commentators felt God made an error?
For verse 38, a different commentary says this
"So also in this passage, I will free you, that is, when your return to your country shall be evident, a new light shall seem to have shone forth, but yet reflect on what happened to your fathers; for although redeemed, they perished in the desert, and never possessed the land of Canaan. The same thing shall happen to you also:, since your return is only a prelude to my favor: but you shall never return to the land of Israel. But this is extended to those who returned and dwelt in their native land. But we said that Judea was a place of exile since the course of God’s favor was broken off, and God begun to plead with them afresh, even when he had led them from their captivity at Babylon And you shall know that I am Jehovah"
https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/eng/cal/ezekiel-20.html#verse-38

So where is the last days there exactly?

There has never been a time in human history before 1948 that there was a return to Israel byu Jews from multiple nations.
This return is God in anger to purge and cleanse Israel.

This says it another way;

Zechariah 13:8-9
King James Version

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

Once again we see anger and purging and cleansing of unbelievers like in Ez. to get Israel to receive jesus.
Of course, and that sure was not 1948! Your point?

YOu just seem upset that God is taking his time and has been regathering Jews back to their land to prepare them to pass under the rod of His Judgment for 74 years now!
Not at all, I just see no reason to blame it on God?

!948 was the first time there was a global return of Jews. the return of Babylon was not a multination return, nor did it accoimplish verse 38 so it cannot be history.
So verse 38 of what chapter?

Now you are beginning ot sound like a real student of Gods Word. But do not forget other passages spread out through the Word.

and don't forget prophecy is fulilled 100% not 85% and we call it close enough!
The parts about God restoring His people are not fulfilled. The issue is you thinking that some parts about them gathering themselves are some sort of another gathering BY God.

Revelation 11
King James Version

11 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

See here is a major problem iof yours. It is not Gods fault for trhe evil men do. So when He rergathers Israel to punish thyem, allow 2/3 to be killed and puirge out the rebels so the nation then will receive jesus, He foreknew they would do all these evils.
I have no problem with a temple, or Israel being there in the end. Yes God knew they would be there. So? That does not mean He Personally gathered them there. If and when He does, all enemies will be toast.

Just remember Hitler could not come to power unless God allowed it- knowing all the evil He would cause! Gods way are not our ways!

YOu have Israel acting outrside of the will of God! That they can do something God does not allow and approve of. So their will is equal to or greater than Gods will.
They are not in His will, obviously. Where else could they operate but outside of His will? That does not mean that He tried to stop them from gathering in the end there. In fact He told them to gather themselves.

You cannot show Ez. 20 is history, for it is not. It has yet to happen.

Toward the end of the chapter it does seem to apply to the last days also. Where is the verse you think says God gathers them in the chapter?

Though it is happening since 1948. YOu are just pissed because so many of the Jews are regathering in unbelief
Not at all. They must gather because we know how it all ends. What I am wary about is that some people claim God gathered them already and the land is flowering like rose, and that God helps them win wars, and that our duty is to support Israel today, etc etc.

- which is exactly what the prophecies say they will./ But having been to Israel, I have also seen a small amount of the over 10,000 Messianic congregations of Jews in the land and worshipped with them.
Having a small remnant does not mean the nation and people are blessed. Israel is a secular nation that depends on weapons of war to survive in a land that many people feel is not theirs. When God gathers them there all will know it is theirs. Not the secular Jews. Only the believers will be gathered.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you that terrible of a reader? This passage is a regathering of the people that have already been scattered to many nations.
Which verse are you talking about?
YOu have poohed poohed off 1948 as a quirk of nature and means nothing, but yet it fulfills prophecy.
What prophesy? Not about GOD gathering them there. Of course they will be there.

You seem fixated on commentaries. Look at the prophecy and look at history. If it happened as prophecied- it is fulfilled. If it hasn't it is not fulfilled. 1948 has clearly shown that the birth of Israel in one day and the regathering from the diaspora that is taking place does in fact fulfill Ez. 20.

That chapter starts off in history (Egypt etc) and goes on to those in the time of captivity. In the final section it also seems to deal with future. None of that includes God gathering them in 1948. Do tell us what verse I missed?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then so what? Why mention something that has no bearing on the conversation or topic? Why did you mention the blindness thing exactly?

I think you know why I mentioned the Romans 11:25-32 Scripture about ALL ISRAEL being saved, according to Apostle Paul. Your argument all along has been the opposite of that Scripture.

You might want to go back and re-read God's Word starting at Genesis, and note how God Himself chose certain ones that He put under His Divine intervention, and ask yourself if He can save them. Might want to look up the time when Jesus was upon the Mount of Transfiguration talking with Elijah and Moses too, and ask yourself that. Oh, and don't forget Jonah who tried to get out of his duty God gave him.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have records of the taxes Joseph and Mary payed, and who made John the Baptist's clothes, etc? I am not sure we are supposed to have all events in the captivity era catalogued by someone somewhere? Is there something in Eze 20 that a commentary sees as history that you can dispute factually?

Well there is a huge difference between how much Joseph and Mary paid in taxes (not prophesy) that some anonymous commentator saying the prophecy of Ezekiel 20 has already been fulfilled and not know when where and how it has been fulfilled. I am surprised you would resort to such a phony argument to deflect from showing when thei prophecy from Almighty God was fulfilled.

I will agree I cannot expectr to have someone itemize how many Jews came from which country, wghat clothes they were wearing or how big their family is- buit to say that this prophecy is fulfilled and then say you don't know when is highly dishonest.

If you were doing more we would see it by now, no? If scholars say that things are history, we would need more than for you to suggest otherwise. Especially since the last days prophesies as far as I can tell are all pretty clear.

YOu keep saying scholars and commentators say this is history, but you have 100% failed to name one scholar, one commentator who is alleged to have said this nor cite when this was supposed to happen. Poor discussion tool on your part.

On this thread I can say John F. Kennedy is still alive and all that film stuff was made up. And if I do what you are doing and refuse to provide any evidence to support my claim as you are not doing- I would expect to be mocked for being so foolish.

For verse 38, a different commentary says this
"So also in this passage, I will free you, that is, when your return to your country shall be evident, a new light shall seem to have shone forth, but yet reflect on what happened to your fathers; for although redeemed, they perished in the desert, and never possessed the land of Canaan. The same thing shall happen to you also:, since your return is only a prelude to my favor: but you shall never return to the land of Israel. But this is extended to those who returned and dwelt in their native land. But we said that Judea was a place of exile since the course of God’s favor was broken off, and God begun to plead with them afresh, even when he had led them from their captivity at Babylon And you shall know that I am Jehovah"
https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/eng/cal/ezekiel-20.html#verse-38

Whoever this commentator is is allegorizing and playing fast and loose with Scripture and pretending to be able to read between the lines of a simple passage.

Of course, and that sure was not 1948! Your point?

I never said it was 1948. But it shows that in Israel 2/3 of Jews will be killed before they recieve Jesus, ergo they have to be back in the land and regathered. Just like th ebible says.

Not at all, I just see no reason to blame it on God?

Blame it on God?????????????? So you believe this regathering that is taking place now- and no one can deny Jews are regathering from many nations, is against the will of God?

So verse 38 of what chapter?

Ezekiel 20 of courrse

The parts about God restoring His people are not fulfilled. The issue is you thinking that some parts about them gathering themselves are some sort of another gathering BY God.

I have neveer said Israel has been restored yet. Where you get that idea is not from my writing. Un less you are allegorizing my words like you do the Scriptures. No there is only one regathering in Gods anger and fury to make Israel pass under judgment and purge them of the rebels, these components are spoken of in Ez,, Jer. Zeph. and Isaiah as I have repeatedly posted. Because you cannot see God regathering His Covenant nation together whiule they are still in unbelief amkes your vision of the Scriptures skewed.

That chapter starts off in history (Egypt etc) and goes on to those in the time of captivity. In the final section it also seems to deal with future. None of that includes God gathering them in 1948. Do tell us what verse I missed?

Well the Babylonian Captivity was history when Ezekiel wrote, so God wrongly inspired Ezekiel to use future words.
The Babylonian captivity was Israel scattered to one nation. And it was only mostly the inhabitants of Jerusalem that were taken captive- not scattered! Most Jews were left in the land.

So because the date 1948 is written youy cannot accept God doing a work in your day? You fulfill prophecy! Behold you scoffers and scoff! for I do a work in your day that you will not believe!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think you know why I mentioned the Romans 11:25-32 Scripture about ALL ISRAEL being saved, according to Apostle Paul. Your argument all along has been the opposite of that Scripture.
I see. Well all Israel in the end will be saved, of course the bible does say that most of them will have already died by then. This is also called the remnant. So, what are you suggesting, that all the unsaved, unregenerate, unrepented folks in the secular nation of Israel will be saved anyhow?? Ha
You might want to go back and re-read God's Word starting at Genesis, and note how God Himself chose certain ones that He put under His Divine intervention, and ask yourself if He can save them.
Of course He can, and made the Way for that to be able to happen. Jesus did not die for nothing. I hope you are not suggesting that somehow some folks are too special and the heck with believing in Jesus??

Might want to look up the time when Jesus was upon the Mount of Transfiguration talking with Elijah and Moses too, and ask yourself that. Oh, and don't forget Jonah who tried to get out of his duty God gave him.
The issue is not that works save us, they don't. Jesus saves. The folks in the OT were saved by belief He would come one day, and we are saved believing He already did come. There is not any other Way.

Last edited:

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've been very clear. I even covered the Jeremiah 24 Scripture LINE UPON LINE.

So make up some more fibs why don't ya?
Great so you rest your defence on Jer 24. Then you falsely accuse other posted of lying.
Looking at a few scholars talking about that I found this
"Jeremiah 24:6 . I will set mine eyes upon them for good. They shall serve the Lord in Babylon, under the ministry of Ezekiel, and under the patronage of Daniel and his three princely colleagues. For them shall be reserved the treasures of righteousness, once more to see their native land, and rebuild the temple, and prepare the way for the kingdom of God, and the call of the gentiles."
https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/eng/jsc/jeremiah-24.html

"
The people left behind in Jerusalem thought that they had God’s approval, because they were still in their homeland, whereas the others had been punished with shameful exile. Jeremiah points out that this is not so. Those taken captive are the ‘good figs’. The shock of the captivity will awaken many of them to see their sin, repent of it and return to the Lord. God will then bring them back into their land, where they will enjoy a new and living relationship with him (4-7).
Those who remain in Jerusalem are the ‘bad figs’. They continue in their evil ways and think that by relying on Egypt they will escape the power of the Babylonians. Jeremiah tells them that, far from escaping, they will come to the most humiliating and horrible end (8-10)."
https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/eng/bbc/jeremiah-24.html

"(6) I will set mine eyes upon them for good.—The state of the Jews at Babylon at the time of the return from exile was obviously far above that of slaves or prisoners. They had money (Ezra 2:69), they cultivated land, they built houses (Jeremiah 29:4; Jeremiah 29:28). Many were reluctant to leave their new home for the land of their fathers, and among these must have been the families represented at a later date by Ezra and the priests and Levites who accompanied him (Ezra 8:15). They were not subjected, as many conquered nations have been, to the misery of a second emigration to a more distant land. The victory of Cyrus manifestly brought with it every way an improvement in their condition; but even under Nebuchadnezzar they rose, as in the case of Daniel and his companions, to high honour."
https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/eng/ebc/jeremiah-24.html#verse-6

Those are the first three commentaries I looked at. Your story is nowhere in the ballpark.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see. Well all Israel in the end will be saved, of course the bible does say that most of them will have already died by then. This is also called the remnant. So, what are you suggesting, that all the unsaved, unregenerate, unrepented folks in the secular nation of Israel will be saved anyhow?? Ha
Of course He can, and made the Way for that to be able to happen. Jesus did not die for nothing. I hope you are not suggesting that somehow some folks are too special and the heck with believing in Jesus??

The issue is not that works save us, they don't. Jesus saves. The folks in the OT were saved by belief He would come one day, and we are saved believing He already did come. There is not any other Way.

It's sad that you don't believe in the saving Power of God. And it doesn't matter whether they are still living or have already died. Every soul whether there or here will have their opportunity to hear The Gospel and believe, and be held accountable for their choice.