Familiarize yourself with the whole Bible by daily reading

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reading the word of God is one way to know God better. I follow this schedule every day. It is in chronological order, more or less. I do the reading routinely non-stop just for the purpose of familiarity with the Bible. At the end of the daily reading, I would think of just one question and raise it here in this subreddit.

Which version to read?

Pick a version that you like from Biblehub. ESV is a good one to start. After you have finished that version from Genesis to Revelation, then pick another version.

What happens if I miss a day?

If you miss a day's reading, you can either make it up the next day or just skip it. The goal is to familiarize yourself with the entire Bible over the years. No need to sweat over some particular missing days. This is not a daily Bible study routine, but a daily Bible reading routine.

Note that in addition to my routine daily reading, I also study different passages of the Bible daily.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading the word of God is one way to know God better. I follow this schedule every day. It is in chronological order, more or less. I do the reading routinely non-stop just for the purpose of familiarity with the Bible. At the end of the daily reading, I would think of just one question and raise it here in this subreddit.

Which version to read?

Pick a version that you like from Biblehub. ESV is a good one to start. After you have finished that version from Genesis to Revelation, then pick another version.

What happens if I miss a day?

If you miss a day's reading, you can either make it up the next day or just skip it. The goal is to familiarize yourself with the entire Bible over the years. No need to sweat over some particular missing days. This is not a daily Bible study routine, but a daily Bible reading routine.

Note that in addition to my routine daily reading, I also study different passages of the Bible daily.
Good advice. I have been reading it daily for most of my life.

Reactions: TonyChanYT