Need help finding verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Was reading online :

How To Get Your Prayers Answered by Tom Brown

http://www.tbm.org/prayers_answered.htm

I have been praying for a situation for quite some time now. But I don't think I have been effectively using God's own word properly. I have not been quoting His Holy promises as this article claims is very important.
My situation is I have two children. One was stolen by her biological father as a baby even though he had no legal custody due to his criminal and immoral lifestyle. My children are young adults now, and I only have knowledge of the where abouts of one. My ex was a devout atheist, this naturally concerns me. How did he raise my child ? I feel he gave up all rights to her when he wanted to abort her and said he wanted nothing to do with her. He only stole her because his mistress could not conceive children of her own. It was spiteful and very evil.

I have been praying for God to reunite me with both my children and restore our relationship.
For me being able to hold them both in my arms at the same time.
For all three of us to be with Him for all eternity.
For God to return to me what the enemy stole.

Does anyone know of any scripture that promises these things to us, as believers ?

Thank you so much.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Here is what I found:

Psalm 128

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
laid renard said:
Was reading online :

Hi Friend--- A dismal looking and sounding situation, Jesus taught us all how to pray properly--Our Father(YHWH(Jehovah) --- he is the answerer of prayers. In accordance to his will in all matters.
We might not like the answers, but for now, this isn't the real life--the real life is within Gods kingdom--pray to learn how to live for entrance into that now.

I have been praying for a situation for quite some time now. But I don't think I have been effectively using God's own word properly. I have not been quoting His Holy promises as this article claims is very important.
My situation is I have two children. One was stolen by her biological father as a baby even though he had no legal custody due to his criminal and immoral lifestyle. My children are young adults now, and I only have knowledge of the where abouts of one. My ex was a devout atheist, this naturally concerns me. How did he raise my child ? I feel he gave up all rights to her when he wanted to abort her and said he wanted nothing to do with her. He only stole her because his mistress could not conceive children of her own. It was spiteful and very evil.

I have been praying for God to reunite me with both my children and restore our relationship.

Does anyone know of any scripture that promises these things to us, as believers ?

Thank you so much.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
laid renard said:
Was reading online :

Thank you so much.
Your other kid hasn't visited you since? I think you need to hire a PI to find her.

I don't think you need scripture on 'promises'. You need simply ask God, as God hears your prayers John 9:31 and you need to do all you can your side.

Praying for that things work out!

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
kjw47 said:
Hi Friend--- A dismal looking and sounding situation, Jesus taught us all how to pray properly--Our Father(YHWH(Jehovah) --- he is the answerer of prayers. In accordance to his will in all matters.
We might not like the answers, but for now, this isn't the real life--the real life is within Gods kingdom--pray to learn how to live for entrance into that now.
Hi kjw47. Thank you. And I am so sorry, I am just now seeing this.

It may seem dismal on the outside, but I believe with God, NO THING is impossible. ;)

I will never give up.

KingJ said:
Your other kid hasn't visited you since? I think you need to hire a PI to find her.

I don't think you need scripture on 'promises'. You need simply ask God, as God hears your prayers John 9:31 and you need to do all you can your side.

Praying for that things work out!
Again, sorry KingJ, just now seeing this as well. I thought the thread had run it's course, so I never stopped to check.

This whole situation has me losing my mind. To the point the stress of it all had me seek out a shrink. She suggested the same as you, hire a PI.

I had intended to do just that with my income tax check, however, on cue, satan placed at my place of employment an unsaved boss who hates me for no reason, so I can only assume it is because I am a child of God. She lowered my hours considerably even though I am one of the best workers there. So I know it is because the demons in or around her hate the Holy Spirit that is in me.
As a result of my loss of income I had to use my tax return for rent. I am in the process of looking for new employment, but it is hard when you are the victim of identity theft.
God must have some big plans for me to be going through all this....

Thanks for your prayers.

marksison602 said:
i think you can use a bible app on phone for quick verse look up
Have a phone with no internet. Best I can do is cheap cracker jack prize phone. But hey, I am grateful for it ! :)

I have been looking for verses online since I started this thread. Thank you for your response. :)

God Bless You ~