Need protection from guy again

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The guy that was breaking into my mom's apartment has been lurking outside my door and when I was out today, I caught him stalking me and keeping watch.

I live in his old apartment. He was evicted but his girlfriend moved in downstairs.

I had no weird spiritual activity until tonight when a medicine bottle flew across the room.

I'm really freaked out and it takes the police about thirty minutes to come into town, so by the time I call and he's gone anyway, it's going to be pointless without anything to prove it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The guy that was breaking into my mom's apartment has been lurking outside my door and when I was out today, I caught him stalking me and keeping watch.

I live in his old apartment. He was evicted but his girlfriend moved in downstairs.

I had no weird spiritual activity until tonight when a medicine bottle flew across the room.

I'm really freaked out and it takes the police about thirty minutes to come into town, so by the time I call and he's gone anyway, it's going to be pointless without anything to prove it.
Hi @LadyofFireandLace Remember prayer and the Scriptures (and don't hesitate with calling 911 if you are threatened).

Reactions: DuckieLady

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PPS: You may find that the landlord that evicted the man is willing to cooperate with you: you both have a mutual interest in not seeing him around unnecessarily. It's possible that the terms of the eviction order contain stipulations that he is not allowed in the vicinity without good reason; this can be enforced.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS: @LadyofFireandLace You can also get a court restraining order if someone harasses you around your property; find out more from a lawyer.
The landlords said he's not allowed on the property but we've seen him around since his girlfriend got her apartment here.

They have been informed but their hands are kind of tied because they can't do anything without evidence and the cameras don't work well enough. They're just time lapse photos.

They said they're working on it, and as for my own apartment if he does break in, I have already installed security cameras.

I just need to pay a few bucks a month if I want it recorded, but I check regularly from work.

Reactions: SERVANTedu

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The landlords said he's not allowed on the property but we've seen him around since his girlfriend got her apartment here.

They have been informed but their hands are kind of tied because they can't do anything without evidence and the cameras don't work well enough. They're just time lapse photos.

They said they're working on it, and as for my own apartment if he does break in, I have already installed security cameras.

I just need to pay a few bucks a month if I want it recorded, but I check regularly from work.
@LadyofFireandLace It's also possible for ppl who have fallen foul of the courts to be electronically tagged if there is a well founded belief that they will re-offend; a lawyer can advise; it may vary from state to state and province to province.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

You have a cell phone? Use the video recording option on that. If you can live link it too, do so to your landlord so they can see that guy trespassing on real time.

It's odd that his gf would move on to the apartments he was evicted from. Unless she was unwittingly led , persuaded,by him to do so so he could have her as an excuse to continue stalking you.

Have you considered moving?
Given your concerns about this guy and the landlord knowing his history, you may be able to break your lease and get away from there.

If you do go that route do not give the landlord your new address for the security deposit mailing. Rent a PO box and go that route.

Be advised, a restraining order is tricky. If you go that route it can work against you.
Now days companies often conduct background checks on new hires. A restraining order will likely stay on his permeant record.
If that impacts his job prospects he could seek revenge.
The other issue about RO's or an Order of Protection is if you move you have to update that information on the order.

And your stalker gets that update too. Because he has to know the new location he's to stay away from.
So that's not really protecting you from him at all.

He can be arrested for violating such an order. However, it isn't typical that the violator goes to jail for an extended period of time.

Again, that makes for a revenge scenario once he's released.

Do you have protection?
If you feel he's dangerous you might consider a firearm. Learn how to use it so that you are comfortable with handling a weapon, and are accurate too.

Praying God keeps you safe.

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You have a cell phone? Use the video recording option on that. If you can live link it too, do so to your landlord so they can see that guy trespassing on real time.

It's odd that his gf would move on to the apartments he was evicted from. Unless she was unwittingly led , persuaded,by him to do so so he could have her as an excuse to continue stalking you.

Have you considered moving?
Given your concerns about this guy and the landlord knowing his history, you may be able to break your lease and get away from there.

If you do go that route do not give the landlord your new address for the security deposit mailing. Rent a PO box and go that route.

Be advised, a restraining order is tricky. If you go that route it can work against you.
Now days companies often conduct background checks on new hires. A restraining order will likely stay on his permeant record.
If that impacts his job prospects he could seek revenge.
The other issue about RO's or an Order of Protection is if you move you have to update that information on the order.

And your stalker gets that update too. Because he has to know the new location he's to stay away from.
So that's not really protecting you from him at all.

He can be arrested for violating such an order. However, it isn't typical that the violator goes to jail for an extended period of time.

Again, that makes for a revenge scenario once he's released.

Do you have protection?
If you feel he's dangerous you might consider a firearm. Learn how to use it so that you are comfortable with handling a weapon, and are accurate too.

Praying God keeps you safe.
Good comments about the intricacies of restraining orders.

In some states (and pretty well all Canadian provinces) the gun solution would not work well....

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for your family’s and your own protection from both flesh-and-blood and spiritual dangers.

Keep your pepper spray handy for the flesh-and-blood type hazards.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I don't know where the OP is (I'm not even asking her) but in some jurisdictions legally held guns are harder to come by and the prevailing philosophy is that they are not the solution.
In America guns aren't hard to come by legally.
And every citizen has a right to defend themselves in their home.
A gun is a solution if a stalker breaks into your home intending to kill you.
Better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it.

Reactions: JohnPaul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
In America guns aren't hard to come by legally.
And every citizen has a right to defend themselves in their home.
A gun is a solution if a stalker breaks into your home intending to kill you.
Better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it.
My understanding is that in some US states there are more restrictions and checks on gun ownership than in others; (and there is a great difference with how the laws are in Canada).

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Medicine bottle flew across the room?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You say his girlfriend lives downstairs. Why is he interested in you?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Then I proclaimed a fast there, at the river of Ahava, that we might afflict ourselves before our God, to seek of him a right way for us, and for our little ones, and for all our substance. For I was ashamed to require of the king a band of soldiers and horsemen to help us against the enemy in the way: because we had spoken unto the king, saying, The hand of our God is upon all them for good that seek him; but his power and his wrath is against all them that forsake him. So we fasted and besought our God for this: and he was intreated of us.” (Ezra 8:21-23)

“Then we departed from the river of Ahava on the twelfth day of the first month, to go unto Jerusalem: and the hand of our God was upon us, and he delivered us from the hand of the enemy, and of such as lay in wait by the way.” (Ezra 8:31)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say his girlfriend lives downstairs. Why is he interested in you?
He's more than likely not directly interested in me other than the fact I live in his old apartment.

Fortunately the landlords now know the situation and are taking direct action, so now I am a little at ease.

Medicine bottle flew across the room?
This has happened every time he comes around, the only difference is usually I've seen things out of the corner of my eye. This time I actually watched the whole thing.

I can say when moved in there were occultic symbols drawn in the corners of the mirrors. Dude was into witchcraft.

This is a good idea. Next time I see him I will do that!

“Then I proclaimed a fast there, at the river of Ahava, that we might afflict ourselves before our God, to seek of him a right way for us, and for our little ones, and for all our substance. For I was ashamed to require of the king a band of soldiers and horsemen to help us against the enemy in the way: because we had spoken unto the king, saying, The hand of our God is upon all them for good that seek him; but his power and his wrath is against all them that forsake him. So we fasted and besought our God for this: and he was intreated of us.” (Ezra 8:21-23)

“Then we departed from the river of Ahava on the twelfth day of the first month, to go unto Jerusalem: and the hand of our God was upon us, and he delivered us from the hand of the enemy, and of such as lay in wait by the way.” (Ezra 8:31)
I think you are probably on point here, definitely considering it.