need understanding

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jan 26, 2008
Why do I fight sin only to turn around at some point and sin anyway, and sometimes so easily. Not why do I fight. I mean how can I ever sin? I do fight and abhor it. God forgive me in the name of Jesus, I am a sinful man. I die, heal me!So what is it, am I not truly following Jesus? If not someone please put me on track so I and my family can be saved. I do love Him so. Do I sin in order to become humbled and not proud? It tends to make me well aware of my stand in this sinful place, and man to I beg Him to make me whole. Could it be because I am sick and need to see him for the remission of my symptoms once they start to manifest? Could it be that I am to turn from the sin and await Him? Is this my answer? The Acts 3:19, Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. Does He come to us for the newness of mind and refreshing of our Spirit on ocassion? Is this why sometimes I can not see His face or find Him when I call? So many questions, but it seems right Satan uses this time to exert control over those who are prone to faint when he is away? Maybe this is why so many people who receive the truth eventually give in to fables and half truths. 1 John 2:24,Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. What think you guys? Am I on the right track? I can not mess this up we all have once to get it right, let us please show love to one another and use this forum to help our Brothers and Sisters.

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
God's Plan of Salvation The Bible says there is only one way to Heaven Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me." (John 14:6) Good works cannot save you. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9) Trust Jesus Christ today! Here's what you must do: [list type=decimal][*] Admit you are a sinner. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" (Romans 3:23) "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" (Romans 5:12) "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." (1 John 1:10) [*] Be willing to turn from sin (repent). Jesus said: "I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish." (Luke 13:5) "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:" (Acts 17:30) [*] Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried, and rose from the dead. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16) "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners. Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8) "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." (Romans 10:9) [*] Through prayer, invite Jesus into your life to become your personal Saviour. "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:10) "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10:13) [url="http://www.chick.com/information/general/salvation.asp]http://www.chick.com/information/general/salvation.asp[/url][/list]God does not save us by giving us a clean slate that we now must keep cleaned up in order to make it to heaven. God saves us by making a switch. He puts our sin on Christ and He puts the righteousness of Christ on us. 2Corinthians 5:21 says, "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." Christ was made sin for us so that we might be made righteous in Him. [By the way, what if God only put your past sins on Christ? He would have to put each new sin on Him as you confessed it. Certainly, this did not happen. Christ paid the entire debt for sin on the cross. Each person who believes in Him enters into forgiveness through Him. [url="http://www.learnthebible.org/q_a_sin_after_salvation.htm]http://www.learnthebible.org/q_a_sin_after_salvation.htm[/url]
"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one." Romans 3:10. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23. "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned." Romans 5:12. "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Romans 10:9-10. "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13.

Shan Missions

Nov 18, 2007
If you recognise yourself as sinner and confess your sin to God, He will forgive your sins whatever sins you may have committed.Please do not try to change yourself by your own effort to be a better or new person. It is impossible.Only God can change you and make you a new creation.I would like to advise that you commit yourself to the Lord and pray that God will work in your life through the Holy Spirit and you will completely become a new person.

Jan 26, 2008
So many changes that even when sin manifests itself I bring it immediatley to the light for reprovement and edification. That does make me a completely different person. There have been changes in every area of my thinking. My entire life is consumed with Him even in my times of temptation. I know I am naked, and wounded, it is the unfortunate nature of man to sin. I know those Holy highs and also those dirty lows. When the Lord chastens me I hear and I hurt, I do not believe He will ever abandon me. I will continue to fight sin in this war, should I receive a wound my Lord will heal me. I pray for the Holy Spirit everytime I pray several times a day. I know He works in my life, I am more wrapped up in the vine all the time.

Shan Missions

Nov 18, 2007
(Ronnie seeks His face;35334)
So many changes that even when sin manifests itself I bring it immediatley to the light for reprovement and edification. That does make me a completely different person. There have been changes in every area of my thinking. My entire life is consumed with Him even in my times of temptation. I know I am naked, and wounded, it is the unfortunate nature of man to sin. I know those Holy highs and also those dirty lows. When the Lord chastens me I hear and I hurt, I do not believe He will ever abandon me. I will continue to fight sin in this war, should I receive a wound my Lord will heal me. I pray for the Holy Spirit everytime I pray several times a day. I know He works in my life, I am more wrapped up in the vine all the time.
Amen, It is done!John 19:30 Jesus said, "It is finished ."