Neither Jew Nor Gentile

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ever have someone ask you where you go to church. They are asking; what do you believe. They affiliate that with what you believe. Making sure you lineup with what they're group believes. That is so weak - Satan has a field day with groups.. corporate thinking. Remember in the world governments and corporations have no mind. It is just like a machine, and operates like a machine. With no mind!

It is called gang mentality - I experienced that in the world. It can happen with any group, we choose sides.
@soul man Refreshing how prayer and the Scriptures move and challenge the individual conscience...

Reactions: soul man

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question. If there is such a thing, we can see in scripture there is only three groups of people dealt with in scripture. Jew - Gentile - the new creation group of people, by a birth (born again). Jew - Gentile are both in Adam. New creation is in Christ. So in actuality there is only two groups being dealt with in scripture .. first Adam, and the last Adam. People, or groups are in one or the other. And that is how the Lord handles humanity, by being in one or the other.. in my understanding of scripture. The world bears down on both - but they are handled different. The success or lack of, in the world is worldly, or of the world. Nothing wrong with prospering and being successful in the Lord. But that is not why we are here. We have a little ditty we quote that "your greatest earthly blessing can turn out to be your greatest curse." Simply because it does not matter - we trust the father to take care of us.. he birthed us by Christ in you, so we trust the father will take care of his children as a good father. That may go along way as the world heats up!

Jews and Gentiles are references to nationalities Mike. I was basically asking about people of color, do you believe there are actually different races literally? The world teaches that, and has classifications such as white, hispanic, African American, Oriental, etc. That is what I was asking sir.

Reactions: soul man

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. - Colossians 3:11.

In Christ there is no ethnicity. Paul did everything he could in preaching the gospel to tell us that. There is no ethnicity in God. There is a term we can use because there is three races of people in scripture.

Jew - Gentile - and New Creation race.!

That is all you can find written in scripture that God has ever dealt with. Why is Paul so adamant about race.. because by the old knowledge people believe they have a right. Paul said we don't even have a right to live. We are what and who we are by the grace of God..and that swallows up man. Everything men think they are, is overshadowed.. swallowed up in Christ. The day we live proves Paul had the right idea..men wanting to be something in themselves - and attached to a ethnic group. How can a Christian get caught in the trap - how do you suppose that can happen? The lack of preaching Paul's gospel.

We don't listen to Paul..if we could hear Paul - he straightens out all world living by Christ in you. Christ in you is not earthy - Christ in you is heavenly, and that is where Paul said our conversation and lifestyle is to be lived. Christian's are as worldly as the unregenerate without Paul's gospel. Money fame and Fortune are to be sought after, and your right - to be right. 'Well look at me I was born in this ethnic group, or that ethnic group.' There is no ethnic groups in Christ that is a lie.

Have you been around Christians that still hold on to they're ethnicity, as though the scripture never sheds light on the subject. I was raised in the american indian group. They feel like anybody else concerning their rights. You have no right..we have written so elegantly by our beloved Apostle Paul. That is in your flesh..that deceptive and deceived mind of the knowledge of Good and evil. It is not written in Paul's epistles..if you want a right you must take it because it is not offered to you. Quite the opposite; Paul places the believer in Christ on the cross..it is written.

I'm crucified with Christ. The only life you have is Christ. That does not mean God cannot use you in your ethnic group. He can because you may know them better than anyone else. I talk with my group from time to time - it's like pulling teeth if you do not read Paul. So the world heats up in a hot bed of ethnicity. Who cares what country your from. There is no color in God - what there is is billions and billions of containers chosen to be in Christ before the foundation of the world!

That is all you can see in Paul's Gospel! What did Paul give up? God will not take my ignorance away - but he allows believers to surrender it! Love choices, decisions made out of your love for God - more than a love for self.

5 circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; - Philippians 3:5.
Amen!