New and Searching: I don't mean to offend

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eve_Mary

Feb 3, 2008
Oh there is a major difference just developmentally between a fetus and a toddler. The MAIN issue for me is that a fetus is inside and attached to the woman's body, and a toddler or even a newborn is not. Secondly, a fetus during the stages when 90% of all abortions take place (6-12 weeks) is incapable, no matter what modern technology you use, of surviving outside of the womb. Finally, I believe a woman has the right to control her body and anything inside of it.If it makes you feel better, because of my viability beliefs in regards to abortion, I feel they are immoral for "voluntary" reasons after week 27. At this age, many preemies born can survive. The law happens to agree with me, and after about 27 weeks, women can only abort for reasons of fetal deformity or other similar problems, or maternal danger/possible death.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(Eve_Mary;33952)
Hello, I'm Eve_Mary.I am not what I would consider myself as "Christian" in the common sense. I don't even know if I'm Christian at all. But I feel like I'm going to burst if I don't find someone to talk to. I had a priest I was conversing with but as happens on the internet sometimes, he's disappeared.I'm going to describe my beliefs, and it's okay if the post gets deleted and I'm banned. But if any of you know where I can go to talk to people who believe similarly to me, please help me.I guess I could call myself a Biblical Christian. I read the Bible and interpret on my own. Two very important aspects of myself: I am pro-choice and I am pro-gay rights. To me, these are human rights and they are beliefs that I will never, ever change. So right out I've had a problem with "mainstream" Christianity as an adult because often, the followers are against both of these things.I am also very scientific at heart. I am an analytical person. If you know about meyers-briggs tests, I am INTP. I believe in evolution - another hit that prevents me from jiving with the "mainstream" of christianity.This is where that preist comes in. He's a catholic preist actually, and he quite blatantly told me that evolution fit in just fine with the bible because Genesis is meant to be metaphorical, not literal. That made me go back to my bible and re-read many things. I often use the bible itself to fight against people who are homophobic, discounting their evidence and proving otherwise. The same thing goes with abortion - the bible can be used to prove pro-choice stances.As a scientist, I can't bring myself in all aspects to truly believe in Jesus. I can do God, but then I am confronted with issues of God's behavior and his supposed omnipotence and omniscience, and how those two things conflict directly with my personal belief in free-will. I've had long discussions about this last issue and come to the conclusion that we either have free will, or we don't. If we do, then god isn't omnipotent or omniscient. If we don't, then he is both omniscient and omnipotent. I don't have a problem with saying and believing that he is neither omniscient or omnipotent and maintaining my free-will, and from what I've read in the bible (notably genesis) my theories are supported. I could go more into that but it's very long.So anyway... I don't want to offend anyone or make anyone angry. I'm just looking for resources or guides to places where I can meet people who are Christian in a similar way to me. Thanks.I don't want to start a debate about my beliefs or yours. I realise my beliefs are far different from mainstream christianity; that is why I am searching. Thank you.
Hi Eve_Mary, Some people here are not pro-choice, But God is, He has given us a free will. God is Omnipotent [All powerful] but has no power against our will, His power can be manifested when we believe and allow Him to move in our life. All that you read in Genesis is true, it is Literal, not metaphorical, However there is a time span betweenGenesis ch 1:v1, and Genesis ch1: v2, That is when the prehistoric pre-history creatures were here,and the devil and his demons inhabited the first creation.A point worth you knowing, In Genesis 1: 26, "God gave man authority over the earth" part of that authoruty was the right to chose, And when Adam did chose to disobey God, and submited to the temptation of the devil, He gave the devil the right to be god of this world, 2 Corinthians 4: 4,. In the temptation of Jesus, the devil said, "All this power and glory has been given to me" Luke 4: 5--7.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I've got an easy answer. Even if it's a human or not, God did not intend for it to happen. In Genesis the Lord told us to be fruitful and multiply. No where in the Bible does He say that it's right to exterminate a fetus.Exodus 23:7Keep thee far from a false matter; and the innocent and righteous slay thou not: for I will not justify the wicked.In a way, it's killing a part of you. In a way, you're taking something out that is blessed by God. A fetus is not a tumor, or a disease, it's something God intended.We must glorify God in everything we do. In what way is abortion glorifying God?1 Corinthians 6:20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(Wakka;34432)
I've got an easy answer. Even if it's a human or not, God did not intend for it to happen. In Genesis the Lord told us to be fruitful and multiply. No where in the Bible does He say that it's right to exterminate a fetus.Exodus 23:7Keep thee far from a false matter; and the innocent and righteous slay thou not: for I will not justify the wicked.In a way, it's killing a part of you. In a way, you're taking something out that is blessed by God. A fetus is not a tumor, or a disease, it's something God intended.We must glorify God in everything we do. In what way is abortion glorifying God?1 Corinthians 6:20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
I agree, I was wanted to try to understand where Eve_Mary stood.

Eve_Mary

Feb 3, 2008
(setfree;34356)
Are you saying that a fetus is not a live human being?
Of course not. But because of its developmental differences, the fact that it cannot think or feel or survive on its own, I feel it is not a person. It is human, it has human DNA. It is alive, its heart beats. But those two things do not make you a person in my book. And murder, to me, can only be done to an independent, born person. Again I mention that when I say it cannot think or feel or survive on its own, I am referring to a fetus under the age of 22 weeks, as that is the youngest child born to ever survive. I literally refer to a fetus between the ages of 6 and 12 weeks, since 90% of all abortions occur at this time.I have been shown many sections in the bible that mention abortion and do not degrade it. Also, "go and be fruitful" doesn't mean "remove women's rights".

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(Eve_Mary;34510)
Of course not. But because of its developmental differences, the fact that it cannot think or feel or survive on its own, I feel it is not a person. It is human, it has human DNA. It is alive, its heart beats. But those two things do not make you a person in my book. And murder, to me, can only be done to an independent, born person. Again I mention that when I say it cannot think or feel or survive on its own, I am referring to a fetus under the age of 22 weeks, as that is the youngest child born to ever survive. I literally refer to a fetus between the ages of 6 and 12 weeks, since 90% of all abortions occur at this time.I have been shown many sections in the bible that mention abortion and do not degrade it. Also, "go and be fruitful" doesn't mean "remove women's rights".
Take a look at my post. And if I were you, I would be doing everything imaginable to get right with God. There is no easy medium area.

Pax

Feb 6, 2008
I'm so anti-abortion, I'm probably the last person you want to hear from!I believe life begins at conception and once begun, whether by will or not...as often things happen in life....!!! we are usually able to choose for ourselves as individuals. Once a potentially living human being is 'triggered' into existance we as women, if unselfish, become, or should anyway, be givers and sustainers of life! Quite plainly, to opt for abortion is a selfish chioce: you speak of women's right's but not of children's or far less of human rights!

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(Eve_Mary;34082)
Sorry guys; I think I've found a few places that are more liberal, though I may stick around here too because of your strong biblical focus.For me, as a scientist at heart, I cannot believe someone making wine into water, or manifesting bread out of nowhere, or bringing someone back from the dead. That is all magic, hocus pocus. Impossible.
Your exactly right! There is not a man on earth that could ever do that in a million years! But we're not talking about a man are we, we are talking about the son of GOD! And you also said you don't necessarily believe that Jesus was born of the virgin mary. So basically you don't believe the bible, you just consider it a pleasant story. Now I am not trying to be harsh, don't get me wrong. I want you to stay here and keep an open mind, learn as much as you can. But saying your a christian that doesn't believe in the bible or the miracle of Jesus is completely contradicting, so I want you to really examine yourself and find out what it is you truly believe! Then I think that you will be better suited to ask questions, and the people here will be better suited to answer them.

Eve_Mary

Feb 3, 2008
(setfree;34512)
So people that can not survive on their own, is not a person?
There is a difference once they are born. The main important fact is that a fetus is completely dependent on ONLY the woman carrying it in her womb. A newborn can be raised by anyone, even a male, as long as he can buy formula. Similarly, a born person on life support machines is not connected physically to another human being.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
Eve_Mary I went to the link and I read the pastors testimony. I saw that she exercised her right of choice once to birth her child and once to abort. What I see is a clear misunderstanding of morals. Who determines the morals of our lives?

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Eve_Mary;34294 said:
Oh there is a major difference just developmentally between a fetus and a toddler. The MAIN issue for me is that a fetus is inside and attached to the woman's body, and a toddler or even a newborn is not. Secondly, a fetus during the stages when 90% of all abortions take place (6-12 weeks) is incapable, no matter what modern technology you use, of surviving outside of the womb. Finally, I believe a woman has the right to control her body and anything inside of it.------------------------------------------------------------------------a womens body does not belong to her it belongs to God she was bought for a price That price was paid by Jesus his blood on the cross has bought her body and soul.and now that she knows it belongs to Jesus hope ful out of thankfulness .She will heed the commandment .Thou shall not murder.The children born or unborn belong to Jesus they also were bought with a price Gods own Blood.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
(Eve_Mary;33952)
Hello, I'm Eve_Mary.I am not what I would consider myself as "Christian" in the common sense. I don't even know if I'm Christian at all. But I feel like I'm going to burst if I don't find someone to talk to. I had a priest I was conversing with but as happens on the internet sometimes, he's disappeared.I'm going to describe my beliefs, and it's okay if the post gets deleted and I'm banned. But if any of you know where I can go to talk to people who believe similarly to me, please help me.I guess I could call myself a Biblical Christian. I read the Bible and interpret on my own. Two very important aspects of myself: I am pro-choice and I am pro-gay rights. To me, these are human rights and they are beliefs that I will never, ever change. So right out I've had a problem with "mainstream" Christianity as an adult because often, the followers are against both of these things.I am also very scientific at heart. I am an analytical person. If you know about meyers-briggs tests, I am INTP. I believe in evolution - another hit that prevents me from jiving with the "mainstream" of christianity.This is where that preist comes in. He's a catholic preist actually, and he quite blatantly told me that evolution fit in just fine with the bible because Genesis is meant to be metaphorical, not literal. That made me go back to my bible and re-read many things. I often use the bible itself to fight against people who are homophobic, discounting their evidence and proving otherwise. The same thing goes with abortion - the bible can be used to prove pro-choice stances.As a scientist, I can't bring myself in all aspects to truly believe in Jesus. I can do God, but then I am confronted with issues of God's behavior and his supposed omnipotence and omniscience, and how those two things conflict directly with my personal belief in free-will. I've had long discussions about this last issue and come to the conclusion that we either have free will, or we don't. If we do, then god isn't omnipotent or omniscient. If we don't, then he is both omniscient and omnipotent. I don't have a problem with saying and believing that he is neither omniscient or omnipotent and maintaining my free-will, and from what I've read in the bible (notably genesis) my theories are supported. I could go more into that but it's very long.So anyway... I don't want to offend anyone or make anyone angry. I'm just looking for resources or guides to places where I can meet people who are Christian in a similar way to me. Thanks.I don't want to start a debate about my beliefs or yours. I realise my beliefs are far different from mainstream christianity; that is why I am searching. Thank you.
You were bought with a price . You have no right any longer to your body mind or soul It all belongs to Jesus . who lived the commandments perfect for you in thought word and deed and than died for your sin's winning you heaven.the price he payed was his own lifes blood for you.How do we know this only the bible is absolute truth not popes or priests or protestant pastors.Gods word tells us the things you want to believe are agaist What God says.A gay person needs their only savior from that sin to How dare any of us ! Who were bought with a price try to say these things are not sin as if God blood was not needed to atone for them.How dare we think God the Son his mother came from apes.how dare any of us think we can Murder a child God has placed in a womb of a mother . Every child is a blessing from God how dare we curse God and murder those God sends to any of us.We were brought with a price our minds and bodies and souls now belong to God and not our selves. We were bought and saved by Gods own blood.How dare any of us murder a innocent child because of a rapist. would we murder the innocent mother because she was raped?Than why would we murder the other innocent victim of rape the baby? We were bought with a price Gods own blood . We now belong to him and out of thankfulness do what Pleases him not satan.we were bought with a price Gods own blood. the only God who loved us enough to take the punishment we deserve on Himself.May God bless you and keep you may he let his face shine upon you and give you peace hope and jOY.and always remember you now belong to Jesus he bought you with his own blood.www.whataboutjesus.com

Eve_Mary

Feb 3, 2008
(setfree;34629)
Eve_Mary I went to the link and I read the pastors testimony. I saw that she exercised her right of choice once to birth her child and once to abort. What I see is a clear misunderstanding of morals. Who determines the morals of our lives?
Do you believe every woman who aborts is immoral?"Who" determines our morals? I actually believe morals are completely subjective and that there is no "absolute truth" when it comes to that. Each individual determines his or her morals - but there is a link.Now that seems to conflict with christianity, but it doesn't if you believe in evolution. God created us and guided our development and tweaked all along the way so that we would become the thinking creatures we are now, and capable of making judgments on good and bad. Humans do have many varying morals from around the world, but there are many laws we all agree on. These laws happen to benefit society and the individual... and help us get along and love each other. Many cultures and religions have experienced god in their own way: some see god as multiple deities, others see god as a spiritual ideal. God influenced all of these religions! That's what I believe. Every diety is really God, just manifested and experienced differently by all the religions on earth. We all believe and worship the same god, but many of us just don't realize it. So while one culture may find cannibalism ok, another culture won't. But both cultures will probably agree that taking what is not yours is bad, and the will probably reference a story of their god or gods teaching a lesson on why stealing is bad.

Eve_Mary

Feb 3, 2008
I do not believe anyone "owns" me because I do not believe God is an "entity". God is spiritual energy, life-force. God is not a "he", God is an "it". I think I linked the Liberal Christianity site on here, but if I didn't here it is again.I don't believe Jesus "bought" me or my soul. I believe he was a teacher.

Beano

Feb 7, 2008
You were brought with a price and that price was the blood of Jesus Christ, it is a foundation of the Christian Faith, no Arguement!!. Redemption is a belief of every High street Church, you can't pic"n"mix your beliefs if we all did that there would be no unity, no common ground no Church.please think about it, better still pray about it and do an honest and open study on the subject, because without His Blood there would be no Salvation for any of us. Do you really think Christ died in Vain.

Garbage Man

Feb 7, 2008
(horsecamp;34645)
You were bought with a price . You have no right any longer to your body mind or soul It all belongs to Jesus . who lived the commandments perfect for you in thought word and deed and than died for your sin's winning you heaven.the price he payed was his own lifes blood for you.
Jesus knew he was the son of God and therefore immortal; his belief was not a risk as faith is because he was not inherently ignorant as humans are. He knew his bodily death meant nothing because he would rise up to sit by God's side for all eternity and rule the earth and all humanity. So the story goes.In contrast, a human who chooses to sacrifice him/herself for a cause has no way of knowing where his/her soul will wind up, or even if s/he has one. That's a true risk.Please explain how an infinite, omnipotent god is capable of sacrificing anything? If we are taught to put aside our earthly concerns and physical comfort in favor of obeying God, why are we to turn around and magnify the violent death that Jesus suffered to the point that his death and suffering seem to be the primary focus of his entire life story? I believe finite creatures such as us are the only ones for whom pain and torture are a sacrifice. God is infinite and so no ammount of spilled blood could harm him. No ammount of suffering should be able to pain him. No action he could take should result in anything more than 0% of his effort, energy, or will being expended, because he is omnipotent. So why do we belittle our own suffering but glorify his?

Eve_Mary

Feb 3, 2008
An interesting thing to note is that there is considerable evidence that Jesus spent his early years in India, learning about Buddhism before returning to the middle east. It is possible that Christianity was his way of combining buddhism and judeism. Buddhism states that suffering comes from desire/wishing for that which you cannot have. It stresses learning to live a life thankful for what you have, not yearning for what you cannot get. I find many similarities between the teachings of Jesus and the teachings in the Dhammampada, the Buddhist "bible" so to speak. I was buddhist for a short time, but their views on letting go of everything in life - even loved ones - is a little to extreme for me. Tempered through judeism, buddhism links together to form a religion that is about eliminating suffering through LOVE for one another. That's how I've interpreted it, anyway.