New and Searching: I don't mean to offend

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
Buddhism came from people getting tired of the Hinduism belief and ways. Gautama was considered "the enlightened one," He claimed to hav a vision to answer his question of life and death. He went the extreme as to torture himself, leave his wife and kids, nearly dying he gave up his self torture.Buddhist worship in temples but not as a congregation, but individually. Buddah died!!and is still dead!! We worship and serve a living Savior, not a dead teacher or statue.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Abortion is "murder" no matter what form or fashion the infant or fetus is in, murder plain and simple...we are constantly harping on human rights in this country and going no where with it so what makes a fetus or infant any different? They have rights too, born or unborn does not matter.
Tempered through judeism, buddhism links together to form a religion that is about eliminating suffering through LOVE for one another. That's how I've interpreted it, anyway.
And do not even begin to compare Judaism with Buddhism that bird will not fly. You speak of elminating suffering yet you speak about abortion, what do you think the fetus does when it is aborted? I will tell you what it does it "suffers".....

Learning

Dec 12, 2007
Welcome Eve_Mary!
smile.gif

harv

Mar 30, 2008
A hi and a smile to each of you. This is my first post to this forum. The Bible itself attests to the fact that it is a compilation from the pens of men under an inspiration Revelatory Mind of Intelligence far greater than their own.Personally, I do trust all the words of the Bible as the word of God,s reality and power over the logic we have termed "science." I also accept there is a firmly defined thread of logic that runs from the first chapter of book of Genesis through to last chapter of Revelation intended to guide my thoughts for a reasonable faith toward a confirmed assurance with certainty for a personal Recreation to life anew with the Creator/Messiah "At the Last Day."I accept that the Jesus of history, was the Realistic Answer for the Prophetic Messiah spoken of by the writers of the Old Testament Scriptures. And that the "New Testament" testimonials left us by the pens of His followers of that era of history affirm and confirm the inspired expressions foretelling of God's Messiah to come "In THe Flesh."The Bible is also very firm, in its own descriptive manner, that any who will not so affirm and confirm, with the words of the Prophets and Apostles, that Jesus was that Messiah (The Christ) of the "Old Testament Prophets had not yet come "in the flesh" and ascended back from whence He had come, His Holy dwelling place, were of the "spirit of antichrist." As I follow the Logic of the Bible from cover to cover I find that logic informs me of the Creator's power to express and to form matter into existence as by the "breath of His Mouth" in the exact order as needed to support all life forms from their first state of living maturity. This is amply described from the very first chapter of the Book Of God, The Creator: All things now exist in accordance with the order of "science" established from "the beginning." The substance of sound "Faith" in the Creator/Christ is the Realities of observable "Science" coupled with the Testimonials from Scripture: This is "The Substance of things hoped for, the Evidences of Things Not Seen." "By Faith we understand that the worlds were framed By The Word of God, so that the Things Which Are Seen, Were Not Made Of Things Which Do Appear." The Evolutionary concept fails to answer with conformity to the known scientific necessities with regard to the actual and Immediate Environmental stemuli for all the living creatures upon our planet. And the logics sustained in the pure Sciences of themselves seem to defy logic for concepts intended to prove the feasibility of any proposed "theories" for any workable evolutionary processes for Realistic progressive development of any mature living organism from one form to another: In short the Evidences from the Realities of the planitary environs are more in favor of a "science" in conformity to the biblical accounting for maturity at origin, than an evolutionary "Interpretive" view for the progression of life from a primeordial growth from the egg of immature infancy.Again. The very logic of our hope in the Christ, Risen from the state of Death, the reality of "the Jewish" prophetic record and His Apostles, Rests in "the Testimonies" of a "Creator" Born in our earthen form, "in the flesh" of humanity. This is the Bible's own logic for the doctrine of "Faith" In the person of Jesus, the Christ, from whom we have derived the title, "Christian." This Christ, we are told from scripture, was born, as fortold, an infant, to a woman in a state of virginity, which of course, from our environmentally influenced, earthy interpretive view of "science," would seem to be an absolute impossibility! Yet the Bible does ask us to believe this form of logic over that logic which the world around us attempts, through its cultures to impose upon the mind in search of the Creator's offering of hope for Re-creation by expression to life anew "At The Last Day:" But if evolutionists "theories" hold firm then the promise of the biblical concept of resurrection from death is vanity, and our profession of hope in the person of Jesus, as Messiah of the prophets is vane also.Faith in Christ and His promise for everlasting life is of our free will. I am free to accept or to reject that either He, or His promise for life, has an validity. I have examined the expressed views of this word's culture and that of the Bible relative to the origin/s of life, the existence of a Creator/Messiah. My choice for truth and Hope is trust in the "Testimony of Jesus" through His Prophets and Apostles over the world's cultured concepts for the origin of matter, the cosmos, life and humanity. May a confident "Faith" over Philosophy, in the person of God in Jesus, the Christ, be found in mine and your minds in the day of His promised Second Appearing.

L

Laura Jean

I read with great interest your post. I want to pose a few questions from a purely objective point of view but objectivity comes from perspective and those vary from person to person. First your choice of name, Eve_Mary. I do not know if it is your real name(s) or not, but it is interesting that Eve was a woman in Genesis and Mary being the mother of Jesus. If these are names you choose (not given at birth) was there any symbolism behind this, concious or otherwise? You also say that you are interpreting the Bible yourself. For some people this can be dangerous. The Bible is best interpreted against itself. If you read something in Genesis chapter one, for example, you can check it out in other books of the Bible, both old and new testament and see if the same thing is repeated elsewhere. Hebrew 11:3.How many times does the bible say 'six days'? Does Christ repeat this? If I had a math problem I didn't understand, I would go to another math book on the same subject, not the phone book. My meaning is that though there are organizations like Institute for Creation Research, Answers in Genensis, Dr. Carl Baugh, I still use the Bible for Creation research. The Word of God for me has final authority. Also, you mention your stand on abortion, gay relationships and evolution. Using the Bible only, you will not find support for any of these causes. There are some people who want to tell God what He is and what He meant to say. I call it the 'salad bar' theory,a person who doesn't like black olives won't put them on their plate, they just choose what they like off the salad bar. If I claimed to be a democrat, (I'm registered as a blank by the way) and said I was opposed to gay marriage, against abortion, and for gun rights, someone would probably call me a right wing conservative Christian zealot extremist, and say I'm clearly not a democrat because what I say I am and what I believe are two different things and in opposition to eachother. The first chapter of Genesis is the first thing God told Moses to write. Why would He not mean it the way He gave it? Someone who went into exact detail about how large curtains were suppose to be or the correct number of men in each tribe would not be vague about creation. I think it is great that you are exploring the Bible, but it sort of seems that you already have your mind made up and are trying to make it fit what you have already determined to be true for you. It is ironic that freedom in Christ comes from total submission and acceptance of His version of how we are created in Him and by Him. How we have created our God? I have put my faith in the God who created me, not the god I could create through free will. I need a can-do kind of God, one who can create the earth in six days, just a short time ago. I have lived through every form of abuse there is and made it through because He doesn't need our concept of time to do something. Science is now our new idol. We take 'scientific evidence' as proof over scripture. My faith in the Bible is not just in it's historical accuracy, but in it's application to my life. Just for one week forget what you know, or think you know, try accepting the Word of God for what it says, literally, and see if some of the confusion you are feeling goes away. You wrote a great deal about yourself and it was wonderful. If I were to take what you wrote about yourself and alter it and claim you didn't mean this or that, or disregard it in some way to fit my needs, you would not be who you are, and you are a marvelous, inquisitive, beautiful child of God. Make sure as you journey you always let Christ define your worth and value, and not people or even yourself. You will be on the right path as long as you let the Lord lead you where He wants you to be and not where you want to go. (Obviously I learned this the hard way). Much love to you in your quest for knowledge. And check out Job 38. Laura Jean

Mike Franklin

Apr 17, 2008
Eve Mary,You're like a drowning woman worried about the color of the lifeboat. Nothing makes sense to you because you've thrown out the foundation of belief. Until you do accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior nothing is going to make sense. And yep, that's your choice. Now if your liberal friends tell you that there's another way to get into Heaven, it'll be your choice to believe that too. It just won't get you into Heaven, sorry.