New Covenant only for Jews?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your assertion that Galatians 6:16 refers to a separate Israel of God, fails when the whole chapter is read. Paul is writing ONLY to Christian peoples.

I refute the idea that here Paul is using the phrase "Israel of God" in a sense that it means the Jews, because this idea of the rapture believers contends that "the Church" is distinguished from "Israel" in Scripture.
This major tenet of dispensationalist hermeneutics, is a false teaching.
If one can not see such they are not truly born again.
For They do not have any regard to Jesus Christ in fact truly !
That's why they push the 2ed coming in the way that they do, because they do not have Christ Jesus in fact. they are lost !
They seek the kingdom but they do not want Christ Jesus in it !
They are working to bring in the kingdom of their own carnal religious works ! They do not have eyes to see nor ears to hear ! for they are stoped up, they have hard hearts !

So under the umbrella of Christianity, the dip sticks want to add the so called Jew ? into the fray and raise the so called Jew above all within ? but Jesus said under him all are as one ? no Jew no Greek ! because in fact all are the same under Christ Jesus in fact. that's Grace ! outside of Grace is the carnal nonsense of Greeks and Jews nonsense.

Under Christ Jesus is Grace that is above all, one who makes claims otherwise is a curse ! that's not worthy of Christianity.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I simply requested a link to the Strong/Thayer source which you use, a portion of which you quoted in your posts 348 and 349.

You've refused to provide the requested link.

What's your problem?

I do not hqave the link to give. But I do have teh grammar from other sources, that shows you are misapplying partitive nouns. Especially in the construct of Galatians 6:15.

If you believe god knows all things past present and future, then you shjould know that He would not create this confusion your teachers have taught you . A simple reading of the passage tells anyone without rose colored glasses on that their are tow groups of people referred to.

Kai epi cannot be understood as you say they are. if God wanted it to be clear Israel is now the Church He would have inspired it this way which would make the partivitve noun count as you falsely think Thayer and strong are saying,

"Peace and mercy be upon all who walk according to this rule, which is the Israel of God! This construct allows the partitive to count as you want it to say, but that is not the conswtruct God inspired.

My problem is you falsely apply rules which do not apply.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An ad hominem attack is an attack upon the person rather than upon his argument.

I've not attacked your person.

I don't consider you to be a horse, and I presume that you don't consider yourself to be a horse.

So your ad hominem accusation is false.

Straining at gnats again. You know I am a dispensationalist so using the shorthand "df" is an ad-hominem. but then again this is a rabbit trail from the OP which you still have failed to prove Israel is the church!

Paul never said Israel is the church, nor even implied it! When you look at teh corpus of Pauls writing you clearly see Israel is Israel, Teh church is the Church and the gentiles are gentiles!

If Israel is the church- who are teh gentiles?

Who is Israel if Israel is not the church?

Do you allow for Israel to be Israel in any of Pauls writing?

Who told you which times it means Isarael and which times it means the church.?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are not all truly of Israel who are OF israel . I think that says a whole LOT .
they are not even counted as true jews if they believe not on Christ .
There is true jerusalem , true Zion , true israel . THOSE IN JESUS PEROID . END of discussion .
But ye , church , have come unto MOUNT ZION the HEAVENLY JERSUALEM . Exactly .

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do not hqave the link to give.

That is a dead giveaway that what you are doing is fraudulent and illicit. The original material is copyrighted:

"THAYER'S GREEK LEXICON, Electronic Database.
Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2006, 2011 by Biblesoft, Inc.
All rights reserved. Used by permission. BibleSoft.com"

You or someone has copied and truncated the original material to omit the portion dealing specifically with Galatians 6:16, and you are fraudulently attempting to pass off the truncation as the original material, which is why you now refuse to disclose your source.

What you are doing is illegal and morally execrable.

But also not without precedent, consistent with the innumerable other fallacies and fantasies spawned in df-land.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are not all truly of Israel who are OF israel . I think that says a whole LOT .
they are not even counted as true jews if they believe not on Christ .
There is true jerusalem , true Zion , true israel . THOSE IN JESUS PEROID . END of discussion .
But ye , church , have come unto MOUNT ZION the HEAVENLY JERSUALEM . Exactly .

Nope! Period. End of Disciusiion.

why do intelligent Christians become like 1 st grade proficient in grammar when it comes to the bible? You9r fist line says a lot! Not every ethnic Israeli is of Israel. Too bad you did not finish the passage. But true Israel are those Jews who are saved.

Paul made that abundantly clear in Romans 9-11. He even warned us Gentiles of getting arrogant because not all Israel is of Israel. As it says that they are only temporarily blinded until the full number of gentiles come in, then all Israel will be saved according to teh terms of the New Covenant as Paul quoted from Jer. 31

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a dead giveaway that what you are doing is fraudulent and illicit. The original material is copyrighted:

"THAYER'S GREEK LEXICON, Electronic Database.
Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2006, 2011 by Biblesoft, Inc.
All rights reserved. Used by permission. BibleSoft.com"

You or someone has copied and truncated the original material to omit the portion dealing specifically with Galatians 6:16, and you are fraudulently attempting to pass off the truncation as the original material, which is why you now refuse to disclose your source.

What you are doing is illegal and morally execrable.

But also not without precedent, consistent with the innumerable other fallacies and fantasies spawned in df-land.

No I did not, I copied and pasted right from Blue letter bible.

You say it is on page such and such, but have not provided a quote. I followed all legal norms in copying and pasting which is allowed!
Go to blue letter bibler before you falsely accuse a brother.

And yet you still have not shown why they conclude Gal. 6:16 means the church. You only declared they say so.

But Greek grammar does not allow it to be so for "many" is not a partitive noun, nor is "Israel" in the passage.

While you have cited many Greek scholars ( all of whom are Church=Israel proponinents) the whole crux oif the argument lies in what is the construct of "Kai'. They cite 2 rare instances when Kai is explitive and then conclude this is the same, while "kai" without clear graamatic neccesity is always connective.

One has to who from grammar why this "kai" is the very rare use and not the normal common usage.

I encourage you to look at these short manuscripts to understand why the allegorical view of "Israel of God" is based on emotion and not sound grammar or exegesis:

mbs007m.pdf (arielcontent.org)

mbs027m.pdf (arielcontent.org)

MBS_Master (arielcontent.org)

MBS_Master (arielcontent.org)

Not only has this man recognized as a very adept Christian Scholar (over 15 books, and numerous manuscripts), but he travels the world teaching both Jew and Gentile and evangelizes everywhere He goes.

Dozaen of churches have been planted by this man.

but so you know His scholarship:

THD -Doctorate in Theology-- Union Seminary
MAsters in Greek- Dallas theological
Bachelors in Hebrew- Hebrew University (He is a native speaker)
Bachelors in biblical Archeology- Hebrew University.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No I did not, I copied and pasted right from Blue letter bible.

You continue to prevaricate.

Previously you claimed "I do not hqave the link to give."

Now you claim "I copied and pasted right from Blue letter bible."

One of your claims is obviously false.

You apparently consider our readers to be fools.

Either explain how you copied and pasted right from Blue letter bible without a link to Blue letter bible...

Or provide a link to the portion of the Blue letter bible which you copied.

You continue to dig your hole ever deeper.

That's standard activity in df-land.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does it say the "New Covenant" Jesus made is only for the Jews?

Hebrews 8:8 - But God found fault with the people and said: “The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.
Simple: "And IF ye be Christ's, THEN are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise".

The promise of eternal life is only for those who belong to Christ, and thus become "spiritual Jews".

That's why Paul says in Galatians 6 that those who walk according to the promise that God makes us new creatures in Christ Jesus - and by that have the blessing of peace - are called the "Israel of God", not those people who occupy the land of ancient Israel who call Jesus "Son of a whore" and "the great imposter". They don't belong to Christ, do not walk according to that promise, and not peace but "WRATH is come upon them to the uttermost".

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nope! Period. End of Disciusiion.

why do intelligent Christians become like 1 st grade proficient in grammar when it comes to the bible? You9r fist line says a lot! Not every ethnic Israeli is of Israel. Too bad you did not finish the passage. But true Israel are those Jews who are saved.

Paul made that abundantly clear in Romans 9-11. He even warned us Gentiles of getting arrogant because not all Israel is of Israel. As it says that they are only temporarily blinded until the full number of gentiles come in, then all Israel will be saved according to teh terms of the New Covenant as Paul quoted from Jer. 31
All of Israel is Saved in fact because Israel means the Servant of God ?
So until the Gentles come in ? then all the Servants of God come worthy.
It's a Spiritual thing, not a Race bound idiocy.
Being a Jew or claiming to be a Jew is nothing, such a one is not Israel ! until one becomes worthy of God, remember Jacob he was only a Jew but he became Israel, for a reason ? He was worthy of the fact !
But as to this world that Jesus pointed out that such truly is under deceptions and delusions, so one has to come out from such as that and you are given a new Life that is free of such cursed enslavement.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You continue to prevaricate.

Previously you claimed "I do not hqave the link to give."

Now you claim "I copied and pasted right from Blue letter bible."

One of your claims is obviously false.

You apparently consider our readers to be fools.

Either explain how you copied and pasted right from Blue letter bible without a link to Blue letter bible...

Or provide a link to the portion of the Blue letter bible which you copied.

You continue to dig your hole ever deeper.

That's standard activity in df-land.

I was referring to teh work you spoke of. I do not have that link. so no- I did not lie!

No I do not conssider the readers here fools,. You however could be the lead candidate the way you create rabbit trails.

I have alink to BLB. But as we were talking about a different book altogether, which I don't have a link to, I said what I said. BLB was not mentioned then.

Either repent of calling dispys liars or we are at an end.

You noe seem more interested in taking things out of context and out an out bearing false witness against millions of brethren than defending you rposition w2ith truth.

But I will ask you again: Explain why kai epi is not a connective showing two groups in light of the grammatic construction of the sentence and is the explitive you say it is quoiting from Thayers and strongs books.

But first I expect you to recant of calling dispensationalist liars! And don';t play word games- you are calling them liars.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you don't.

Since you refuse to provide the link, there's no reason to believe that you have the link.

I don't have a link to BLB? Are you hacking my computer (badly) for I do have a link to BLB.

One last chance to recant your lies about dispensatrionalists before you go on ignore.

If you have sunk to just nitpicking to attack me or dispensationalists instead of discussing the fact Israel is not the church and the Church is not Israel, it is time to place you on ignore. You started well, but are ending badly.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't have a link to BLB? Are you hacking my computer (badly) for I do have a link to BLB.

One last chance to recant your lies about dispensatrionalists before you go on ignore.

If you have sunk to just nitpicking to attack me or dispensationalists instead of discussing the fact Israel is not the church and the Church is not Israel, it is time to place you on ignore. You started well, but are ending badly.

You continue to insist on proving my point.

Since you refuse to provide the link, there's no reason to believe that you have the link.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why does he have to take a screenshot of his computer. Links in post on this forum are in the post because of how this forum is set up. Putting a link in a post will not prove if he has a link or not on his computer.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why does he have to take a screenshot of his computer. Links in post on this forum are in the post because of how this forum is set up. Putting a link in a post will not prove if he has a link or not on his computer.
Clueless as ever.

Did I ask for a screenshot?

Explain how to follow a link which is on a .jpg screenshot.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clueless as ever.

Did I ask for a screenshot?

Explain how to follow a link which is on a .jpg screenshot.
When he says he has a link it would be in another software program. You are asking the wrong question. Perhaps ask what version he is using? Obviously what he is copying is linked to their website, but not as updated as their current online listings?

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When he says he has a link it would be in another software program. You are asking the wrong question. Perhaps ask what version he is using? Obviously what he is copying is linked to their website, but not as updated as their current online listings?
Maybe you can persuade him to disclose the link, which he refuses to do.

Give it a try.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you can persuade him to disclose the link, which he refuses to do.

Give it a try.
How can you open up BLB online and think it is different from his? How many different links does their online site offer?

If you don't think he is posting directly from their web page, then he is using software. How can you link into his computer?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I told you I didn't have the link to Thayers source you cited! All I found was a cite from BLB. Sorry you can't accpet that.

But once again Thayer whom YOU cited did not prove that Gal. 6:16 showed that Israel is the church.

If you want to know why- I suggest you read the manuscripts I linked you to.

Status
Not open for further replies.