New Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have received my own revelation about God that goes beyond the 2000 year old bible record. How many of us have received revelation about God that teaches more than what is in the bible?

The Pharisees held onto their teachings and knew them well. They studied the bible and knew it well. And when the Messiah came and taught more than what was in their bibles they rejected him.

Reference the following scriptures:

Acts of the Apostles 2:17

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

1 Corinthians 12:8-11

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Daniel 12:4

“But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.”

Revelation 10:7

7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Reactions: amadeus

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will post a small section on discernment of the Holy Spirit of God. We are told to try the spirits:

1 John 4:1-5
4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

And we shall know a tree by it's fruit:

Matthew 7:16-20
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Which leads me to the fruits of the Holy Spirit:

Galatians 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have received my own revelation about God that goes beyond the 2000 year old bible record. How many of us have received revelation about God that teaches more than what is in the bible?

The Pharisees held onto their teachings and knew them well. They studied the bible and knew it well. And when the Messiah came and taught more than what was in their bibles they rejected him.
I'll try and be open-minded about it, but to be honest, it will be difficult for me to do so. And you should expect harsher reactions from some of your other brothers and sisters. Which makes me ask myself, is it any wonder that when Jesus came to His own, His own received Him not? Had I been alive in Israel in 29 AD, would I have followed Jesus?

There's a reason prophets get stoned.

Tell us about this revelation. What were the circumstances around it? What did you see and hear?

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting topic.
---
General Revelation.
- Most people agree..on this issue.
Special Revelation.
- Different views/perspectives..
@devin553344, the first question I'd have to ask is, does your Special Revelation align with accepted General Revelation, or does Special contradict General?

(I have to ask questions like that. It's my job.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also I should add that the communion I had was with the Holy Spirit of God. I cannot deny them as doing so I believe to be unforgivable. So please be respectful. They came with the fruits of the Holy Spirit from Galatians 5:22-23 proving him to be God.

Reactions: Lambano

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@devin553344, the first question I'd have to ask is, does your Special Revelation align with accepted General Revelation, or does Special contradict General?

(I have to ask questions like that. It's my job.)
General Revelation
- General truths that can be known about God..through nature.
- Psalm 19:1-4 & Romans 1:20
---
Special Revelation
- Primary..'the Bible.'
---
The question is..
- are there revelations..nowadays?
* Not in the same level of.. the Bible.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
General Revelation
- General truths that can be known about God..through nature.
- Psalm 19:1-4 & Romans 1:20
---
Special Revelation
- Primary..'the Bible.'
---
The question is..
- are there revelations..nowadays?
* Not in the same level of.. the Bible.
Something I've learned thru nature is physics and just how powerful God is. Studying physics I've learned how much energy is in a space-time curvature. And God didn't just create the earth, he created the heavens too, which is the galaxies. He is almighty.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll try and be open-minded about it, but to be honest, it will be difficult for me to do so. And you should expect harsher reactions from some of your other brothers and sisters. Which makes me ask myself, is it any wonder that when Jesus came to His own, His own received Him not? Had I been alive in Israel in 29 AD, would I have followed Jesus?

There's a reason prophets get stoned.

Tell us about this revelation. What were the circumstances around it? What did you see and hear?
I posted my revelations but I could tell they were all personal and just for me so I deleted them. 3 of the 4 of them were accompanied with immense peace and love from the Holy Spirit.

I can share one of the revelations: "Satan can do no good and God can do no evil".

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted my revelations but I could tell they were all personal and just for me so I deleted them. 3 of the 4 of them were accompanied with immense peace and love from the Holy Spirit.
I saw some of them before you deleted the post. I guess I'll have to take that information to the grave with me. :p

May you have immense peace and love.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw some of them before you deleted the post. I guess I'll have to take that information to the grave with me. :p

May you have immense peace and love.
Yeah I did that before. I was in the holy spirit for a month or so and wrote down some of what the holy spirit shared with me. Then I posted it on the internet to share it until I realized it was personal revelation. Oops.

Reactions: Lambano

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can share one of the revelations: "Satan can do no good and God can do no evil".
In the future if you really want to share that which is personal from God you might want to use the testimony forum instead the debate forum. When I testify for me that is not subject open to debate. When you post it here you may be opening yourself up. The moderators, I believe, would not allow sharp criticisms of a real testimony. If it were a prophecy that might be a horse of a different color.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the future if you really want to share that which is personal from God you might want to use the testimony forum instead the debate forum. When I testify for me that is not subject open to debate. When you post it here you may be opening yourself up. The moderators, I believe, would not allow sharp criticisms of a real testimony. If it were a prophecy that might be a horse of a different color.
Yes I was just wondering how many people on this forum get revelations from God. I've noticed a few in conversations with others. I thought I would open up that part. I wasn't trying to share any of my revelations. I thought it would be a more yay or nay debate.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm curious what @Bob Estey and @MatthewG have to say about this? If you're interested please look at the OP.
Paul tells us to pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17). One might assume if we do that and are listening to what the Lord tells us, we would learn much more than just reading the Bible. John closes his gospel with this:

But there are also many other things which Jesus did; were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. John 21:25 RSV

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul tells us to pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17). One might assume if we do that and are listening to what the Lord tells us, we would learn much more than just reading the Bible. John closes his gospel with this:

But there are also many other things which Jesus did; were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. John 21:25 RSV
I agree. I also think we have to be careful as Satan is the great impersonator of God. But I don't ever want to claim someones revelation is from Satan as that could be a grave sin on my part. That said I'm careful what to believe from the spirits and I'm careful not to call them Satan unless I know better.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. I also think we have to be careful as Satan is the great impersonator of God. But I don't ever want to claim someones revelation is from Satan as that could be a grave sin on my part. That said I'm careful what to believe from the spirits and I'm careful not to call them Satan unless I know better.
I wouldn't be calling people Satan, but what does Satan enjoy more than leading Christian leaders astray?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't be calling people Satan, but what does Satan enjoy more than leading Christian leaders astray?
I received a revelation from God and the first thing that happened after that was Satan giving me a twisted explanation that was perverse. So I'm now cautious when I receive revelation from God. And I'm also cautious in interpreting scripture. I like to keep an open mind and make my ideas subject to change if I see a truth that I didn't see before.

Reactions: Ziggy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I received a revelation from God and the first thing that happened after that was Satan giving me a twisted explanation that was perverse. So I'm now cautious when I receive revelation from God. And I'm also cautious in interpreting scripture. I like to keep an open mind and make my ideas subject to change if I see a truth that I didn't see before.
One thing you know for sure: When Jesus or God are quoted in the Bible, you are hearing the truth. In your walk with God, you know he won't contradict anything God or Jesus are quoted as saying in the Bible.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing you know for sure: When Jesus or God are quoted in the Bible, you are hearing the truth. In your walk with God, you know he won't contradict anything God or Jesus are quoted as saying in the Bible.
I believe all of the bible as it is interpreted correctly. I believe all of the bible to be from the Spirit of God.