new thoughts on The Unforgivable Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
The Church teaches that any sin is forgivable save the one of not repenting before the End comes..

But i have been through some things recently that show me that.. well, some people not only reject and walk away from Jesus, they actually desecrate Him...

and THAT has to be at least "virtually unforgivable"

long, long story what all i mean here... but... yeh...

I guess i am talking about people who KNOW Jesus, who have walked with Him closely, known His love... and then ... again, don't just reject, but desecrate Him somehow...

I was going to say a few other things but I think the Holy Spirit is stopping me... so i will leave it @ that..

I am not going to say whether or not this kind of desecration is forgivable... or not.. I just tend to think not...

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScaliaFan said:
The Church teaches that any sin is forgivable save the one of not repenting before the End comes..

But i have been through some things recently that show me that.. well, some people not only reject and walk away from Jesus, they actually desecrate Him...

and THAT has to be at least "virtually unforgivable"

long, long story what all i mean here... but... yeh...

I guess i am talking about people who KNOW Jesus, who have walked with Him closely, known His love... and then ... again, don't just reject, but desecrate Him somehow...

I was going to say a few other things but I think the Holy Spirit is stopping me... so i will leave it @ that..

I am not going to say whether or not this kind of desecration is forgivable... or not.. I just tend to think not...
Why beat around the bush and waste everybody's time? It doesn't make any sense, this is supposed to be a discussion forum.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
There's nothing new under the sun about this topic. Jesus tells us in Matthew 12:31 what the one unforgivable sin is. 1 John 5:16-17 affirms what Jesus taught, and in that context, it cannot be those who rejected Christ because John refers to them as brothers and sisters.

The unforgivable sin has been since Jesus pointed to that and always will be; attributing the works of the Holy Spirit to the devil, knowing it is not the devil doing them.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
a person could, out of ignorance, attribute to the devil what is from God... I myself sometimes think this/that about God, knowing that God isn't like that... etc...

This is another example of the Word being taken out of context. In the psg where JEsus mentions this sin, he does NOT clarify what the sin is. Obviously, when one is studying, say... rocket science.. he doesn't just read a book on that subject and then call himself an expert and go about making himself a rocket to some distant planet.. NOT a good idea.. No, he needs someone to teach him what the words in that book mean and etc... etc...

the Bible is a fish out of water outside the context of the Church that produced it, and the only Church going back 2000 years is the Roman Catholic Church

Protestantism came about in the 16th century via the heretic Luther

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Nobody can ACCIDENTALLY blaspheme the Holy Spirit. It takes a deliberate Act of one's will to blaspheme him which is exactly what Jesus was pointing out in Matthew 12:31. We're not talking mortal and venial sins here were talking about blasphemy which is the unforgivable sin.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
StanJ said:
Nobody can ACCIDENTALLY blaspheme the Holy Spirit. It takes a deliberate Act of one's will to blaspheme him which is exactly what Jesus was pointing out in Matthew 12:31. We're not talking mortal and venial sins here were talking about blasphemy which is the unforgivable sin.
u may not be talking mortal and venial. Some of us wisely are.

folloow your own way... see if it gets u to Heaven. Jesus said FEW get there... I wouldn't take any cahnces if i were u

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ScaliaFan said:
u may not be talking mortal and venial. Some of us wisely are.
folloow your own way... see if it gets u to Heaven. Jesus said FEW get there... I wouldn't take any cahnces if i were u
Sin is Sin... The Bible only makes one distinction and that's all sin versus blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
I'm not following my way I'm following The Way (Acts 9:2)which is Jesus Christ and His way does not lead to Heaven, his way leads to eternal life. Jesus never said anybody gets to heaven and as a matter of fact Jesus said nobody has seen God so if God is in heaven and nobody has seen God then obviously nobody has gone to heaven. Then again you don't read the Bible for yourself you only listen to what the RCC tells you.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
StanJ said:
Sin is Sin... The Bible only makes one distinction and that's all sin versus blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
I'm not following my way I'm following The Way (Acts 9:2)which is Jesus Christ and His way does not lead to Heaven, his way leads to eternal life. Jesus never said anybody gets to heaven and as a matter of fact Jesus said nobody has seen God so if God is in heaven and nobody has seen God then obviously nobody has gone to heaven. Then again you don't read the Bible for yourself you only listen to what the RCC tells you.
your ignorance shows, as usual

i have read the entire Bible. On top of that i have HEARD virtually the entire Bible by going to daily Mass 4 years & yrs... If you go 3 yrs to daily Mass u will hear virtually the entire Bible

sin is sin? ha... some protestant told you that. True, God is offended by all sin, but obviously adultery has more consequences than eating 2 tablespoons more food than yr body needs or what have u. I am sure you would want your significant other to choose the latter sin (venial) rather than the former (mortal)

and yes you are following your own way, as is anyone who is not connected with and in conformity with Christ's true Church

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ScaliaFan said:
your ignorance shows, as usual

i have read the entire Bible. On top of that i have HEARD virtually the entire Bible by going to daily Mass 4 years & yrs... If you go 3 yrs to daily Mass u will hear virtually the entire Bible

sin is sin? ha... some protestant told you that. True, God is offended by all sin, but obviously adultery has more consequences than eating 2 tablespoons more food than yr body needs or what have u. I am sure you would want your significant other to choose the latter sin (venial) rather than the former (mortal)

and yes you are following your own way, as is anyone who is not connected with and in conformity with Christ's true Church
The only ignorance I see here is you thinking that reading or hearing the Bible every day for two or three years is going to give you understanding. You actually have to have a relationship with Jesus Christ and be filled with the Holy Spirit before you can have any hope of understanding His Word. Your inculcation doesn't give you any understanding it just give you a severe amount of bias that apparently is immune too proper biblical hermeneutics and that is sad.
Please, feel free to show us anywhere in the Bible that refers to sin as Mortal or Venial. That is an invention of the RCC just as Purgatory is, just as transubstantiation, is just as icon worship is, and every other false doctrine that we know of today that emanates from the RCC. This is the problem when you submit to man's leadership and not God's leadership and when you put a man in a position of absolute Authority. The only absolute Authority in the church is Jesus Christ and if a person does not have a relationship with Jesus Christ they cannot possibly be an authority in his church and I can assure you that it has been evident throughout history that the majority of popes in your organization never had a real relationship with Jesus Christ. So as far as ignorance is concerned it definitely emanates from the RCC through your words here not from those who know better. I've been studying the Bible for over 45 years, since I first accepted Jesus Christ into my life as Lord and savior, and I doubt very much that you understand that or can relate to it one iota.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
StanJ said:
The only ignorance I see here is you thinking that reading or hearing the Bible every day for two or three years is going to give you understanding.
your'e right. Only you can u/stand