New to this Forum and Christianity...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hindsight2020

Mar 3, 2008
Hello everyone,This is my first post here. I have been going through a huge change with my place with God. I was born into and a devout mormon for close to 30 years of my life. However, I have recently discovered some amazing things and have removed myself from them. I just began attending a Christian church and feel so welcomed. I only wish more people of my previous faith would listen to me. Anyway, I feel this will be a great place for me to continue my growth. Also, if anyone has questions regarding the LDS faith or how to answer to mormons, don't hesitate to ask.

thiefonthecross

Mar 10, 2008
Hi I am new here also. I have been doing some studing on the LDS and on the JWs . I would really like to know what it was that changed things for you. All the Best:)

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(Hindsight2020;43609)
Hello everyone,This is my first post here. I have been going through a huge change with my place with God. I was born into and a devout mormon for close to 30 years of my life. However, I have recently discovered some amazing things and have removed myself from them. I just began attending a Christian church and feel so welcomed. I only wish more people of my previous faith would listen to me. Anyway, I feel this will be a great place for me to continue my growth. Also, if anyone has questions regarding the LDS faith or how to answer to mormons, don't hesitate to ask.
Hi ya and welcome. Denver don't allow denomination threads it will only be deleted if you start one just thought I would warn you ahead of time and agian welcome.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moved you over to the proper forum for a welcome.
smile.gif
As Two said, we're trying to get away from the denominational attacking that goes on. However, do feel free to address doctrines and share you experiences so that others may learn.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
Welcome,I have been here for a while now,and have grown to love this place! It is a great bunch of people sharing the word of God,and having studys!

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
Welcome to the Board. I was born again 45 years ago this coming May 18.(Hindsight2020;43609)

Hindsight2020

Mar 3, 2008
Hello and thanks for the welcome. I, in no way, intend to attack or offend any other religion, especially one that I have spent almost all of my life in. However, I am willing to discuss topics that have been important for me and may be important to others.theifonthecross: I was born in the church, grew up very active, and even went on the required 2 year mission. Surprisingly enough, it was on my mission that I began to see things from a different perspective. Something just didn't seem right. After my mission, I met my wife who was mormon as well and we were married in the Temple. However, there was that little, something isn't right, in my mind the whole time. After beginning my study into the history of the church, I just had and AH HA moment. It wasn't one specific, thing, more of a collection of things that just made things very clear. A lot of them were comments from previous and current leaders of the church. One thing is trying to water itself down to appear Christian. This has happened with changes on the title of the Book of Mormon with the addition of "Another Testiment of Jesus Christ" and the bolding of the Jesus Christ in the logo. Those are just a few. Anyway, if you have specific questions, I would be happy to discuss them with you through PM or on here as I pretty much understand all the doctrine of the church. My wife and I have just begun attending a non-denominal church and absolutely love it. It is taking a little while to get used to as it is not like our previous church, but the people are welcoming and we feel loved...we absolutely love it. Thanks for all of your support thus far.