new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have to see what others believed. I know what I believe and that hasn't changed at all.
There is an understanding of what the Bible teaches about how we are built, spirit, soul and body, and exactly how His perfect salvation operates on those three aspects of our existence, that makes this whole argument evaporate. A classic waste of time....

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the real question....and if you can find a scripture...I will rethink my thinking?

Where in Scripture does it say...He saved us so that we can have heaven when we physically die?

And...in EPHESIANS 2:8 which we should
all go back and look at the context......what is the saving from?

If we look at what eternal life is....we will find it is about knowledge...intimate relationship...like and knew Eve.

Example a woman buys a purse from the thrift store not knowing that sewed inside of the lining there is diamond worth a million dollars. SHE POSSESSES THE DIAMOND BUT HAS NOT LAYED HOLD OF IT. FOR IF SHE LAYED HOLD OF IT SHE WOULD NOT NEED TO WORK ANY MORE...SHE WOULD BE ABUNDANTLY BLESSED AND TAKEN CARE OF.

IT IS KNOWLEGE OF THIS DIAMOND THAT ACTUALLY SAVES HER. NOT THE MERE POSSESSION OF IT.

THAT KNOWLEDGE COMES AS SHE DID THE WORK TO REPAIR THE LINING IN HER PURSE. FOR THEN SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE HAS.
So with what was written in the post above
In Christ we are given everything we need for this Life. Another words Christ has already overcome this world. He is, First, our regeneration- our new life given to those who believe He is who was proclaimed by the father through the prophets.

But also our..... Justification, Sanctification and Glorification

And what does this mean...it means We lay hold of life as We learn to live by His.

Note: Christ Himself is said to have learned obedience through the things He suffered.
Hebrews 5:8

I started a thread that I've yet to get into
because it takes studying...

About what I want to discuss...about what I believe the difference may be between Holy Ghost and Holy Spirit.

I think the question lies not only in God's will
but where we are at in it....

Going from believing to knowing...

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this is true

1. They actually did know God, and a man born of God can sin, which means John lied
2. they were truly of us, again John lied
3. They had conditional life, not eternal life, Jesus lied
4. They were not sealed until the day of redemption, Paul lied
5. He who began a good work failed to complete it, again paul lied,

a lot of liars in scripture, I can post a lot more lies if what you say is true
Hebrews 6:4-8 (NKJV)
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit (Christians), 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame. 7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briars, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe is Not sin

you still lied
You totally ignored my quote!

"If I died when I didn’t believe I would have gone to Heaven because there was One Time That I DID Believe.....that’s all it takes...."

Clearly a license to sin! Your apology will gladly be accepted.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A deceived son is still..

...a son
For false Christs and false prophets will arise, and they will show great signs and wonders so as to deceive and lead astray, if possible, even the elect (God’s chosen ones).

Your statement made me think of this passage above

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this is true

1. They actually did know God, and a man born of God can sin, which means John lied
2. they were truly of us, again John lied
3. They had conditional life, not eternal life, Jesus lied
4. They were not sealed until the day of redemption, Paul lied
5. He who began a good work failed to complete it, again paul lied,

a lot of liars in scripture, I can post a lot more lies if what you say is true

So, instead of proving what I asked you to prove, you continue to insist John was considering any one who left the church among those who were not of us, when that is nothing but a lie.

Can we now get back to proving what I asked Instead of trying to hide behind lies in order to avouid the question?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have to see what others believed. I know what I believe and that hasn't changed at all.
There is an understanding of what the Bible teaches about how we are built, spirit, soul and body, and exactly how His perfect salvation operates on those three aspects of our existence, that makes this whole argument evaporate. A classic waste of time....
So which one is wrong? The old Osas, or the new?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You totally ignored my quote!

"If I died when I didn’t believe I would have gone to Heaven because there was One Time That I DID Believe.....that’s all it takes...."

Clearly a license to sin! Your apology will gladly be accepted.
I think he has me on ignore so he didn't see the two links I posted showing where BB came right out and said grace is a license to sin. You should copy those and post them for him so he can see them.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit (Christians), 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame. 7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briars, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.
Yep

near to being cursed. See 1 cor where we have good silver precious stones wood hay and straw.

15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

you still have Paul Jesus and John as liars, way to go!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Timothy 4:1

The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

Meaning anyone who is saved can fall away.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, instead of proving what I asked you to prove, you continue to insist John was considering any one who left the church among those who were not of us, when that is nothing but a lie.

Can we now get back to proving what I asked Instead of trying to hide behind lies in order to avouid the question?
Prove to me those things are not true

I did not just quote John as those who departed in us belief there were others

prove those are not lies if you can

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you stopped beating your wife yet? :) ill answer for my own words and beliefs....I don't need a completely disingenuous, manipulative statement, disguised as a question (that is the heart of a liar), trying to deceive and skew the whole discourse. I don't answer to statements you imply I made, when I never have made such.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep

near to being cursed. See 1 cor where we have good silver precious stones wood hay and straw.

15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Well, thanks anyway for saying I can NEVER be unsaved. Wish I could say the same for OSASers.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he has me on ignore so he didn't see the two links I posted showing where BB came right out and said grace is a license to sin. You should copy those and post them for him so he can see them.

Yep

Why didn't you respond to Ferris Bueller's links that prove you wrong?

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep

The wood, hay, and stubble is not your disobedience. It's the poor quality of 'believer' that your labor in the field and building of God produced. Failing to bring people to a genuine faith in Christ so they don't get burned up in the judgement is what has no effect on your salvation. But if you yourself do not continue in a genuine faith and are found to be false at the judgment, that will indeed effect your salvation. But whether or not you lead others to genuine lasting faith in Christ does not effect your salvation, only theirs. That's why the worker remains saved even if his work of building the temple of God and watering and planting the field of God does not remain.

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep

You're calling the Book of Hebrews a lie!