New Zealand to ban smoking

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You certainly aren’t going to make government be moral! Maybe think on this - No soldier on service entangleth himself in the affairs of this life; that he may please him who enrolled him as a soldier.

And to add in some peace and trusting, maybe think on this too - He controls the course of world events; he removes kings and sets up other kings.

A government that isn't moral doesnt deserve to govern

If we're going to allow the sale of a carcinogenic then I should be able to sell my new sofas, right? Their comfy, safe and effective...;)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A government that isn't moral doesnt deserve to govern

If we're going to allow the sale of a carcinogenic then I should be able to sell my new sofas, right? Their comfy, safe and effective...;)

Keep working on it. Who knows, you may solve it all...lol. I haven't found a moral govt made up of men yet, but keep working on it.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is you who does not get it, but I understand, liberty seems like an idol to you, so much so that even if an action is wholly unhealthy, you cannot see it. It's like you cannot see the forest through the trees.

I am all for liberty when it's appropriate, however, sometimes the government must step in because an individual will not make the right choice themselves. Smoking is wholly unhealthy and should be banned. That is why the government should dictate what to do in this matter. Not all matters, but this matter is what I am speaking of.

This is my opinion, take it or leave it, I can already guess what you'll do.

WOW...sad indeed. Seems you missed the lesson...

1 Cor 13:
[11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child...

It is God who gives MEN freedom and liberty.
It is WICKED SERVANTS who defrauds MEN of their freedom and liberty.
And SADLY it is an unlearned CHILD that learns, follows, mimics WICKED SERVANTS.

In the US Governments, seat SERVANTS OF the People,
who PROMISE BY their WORD to UPHOLD the People’s Freedom and Liberty.

When they Fraudulently utter their word of promise,
and are Fraudulently seated as Servants,
and Fraudulently Dictate to the People their Tongue has the Power over Gods Freedom and Liberty...Shame is upon The seated.

When such seated Servants advocate, perpetuate, instigate corrupting the minds of young children....Shame is upon The seated.

When the child, becomes a MAN and continues the Fraud.
Shame is upon “him”.

Your philosophy IS corrupt.
Liberty is not an Idol, as a child might purport.
Servants are not dictators, as a child might imagine and yield.

A Child waits to be TOLD what to do.
A Man exercises his Liberty and takes care of his own.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW...sad indeed. Seems you missed the lesson...

1 Cor 13:
[11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child...

It is God who gives MEN freedom and liberty.
It is WICKED SERVANTS who defrauds MEN of their freedom and liberty.
And SADLY it is an unlearned CHILD that learns, follows, mimics WICKED SERVANTS.

In the US Governments, seat SERVANTS OF the People,
who PROMISE BY their WORD to UPHOLD the People’s Freedom and Liberty.

When they Fraudulently utter their word of promise,
and are Fraudulently seated as Servants,
and Fraudulently Dictate to the People their Tongue has the Power over Gods Freedom and Liberty...Shame is upon The seated.

When such seated Servants advocate, perpetuate, instigate corrupting the minds of young children....Shame is upon The seated.

When the child, becomes a MAN and continues the Fraud.
Shame is upon “him”.

Your philosophy IS corrupt.
Liberty is not an Idol, as a child might purport.
Servants are not dictators, as a child might imagine and yield.

A Child waits to be TOLD what to do.
A Man exercises his Liberty and takes care of his own.

Hardly a child. I don't seek to be told what to do, not at all, but there is a difference between looking to be told what to do and have a government enforce something because people continually choose the wrong thing. Sometimes the government needs to make the right thing a law to keep people from doing it.

I am willing to give up some liberty to keep people safe if they themselves won't choose safety.

If you are going to equate me to a child once again, this conversation is over.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hardly a child. I don't seek to be told what to do, not at all, but there is a difference between looking to be told what to do and have a government enforce something because people continually choose the wrong thing.

You not only yield at being told what to do, as a child, you trail along as a participant and an advocate, that men should be defrauded of their God given liberty to make choices for themselves as they choose to do.

Sometimes the government needs to make the right thing a law to keep people from doing it.

Where have you been little one? US Lawful laws are SUPPOSED to be designed to PROTECT Liberties NOT defraud men of their God given Liberties!

I am willing to give up some liberty to keep people safe if they themselves won't choose safety.

Well isn’t that BIG of YOU...Children were not given LIBERTY to give up.
It is MEN whom God gives Liberty, and Men who Promised to be seated to Protect men’s Liberty, and men who desire to be a servant to a man, is exercising his own Liberty....which is corrupt when what an individual man decides for himself, he also decides for others.

If you are going to equate me to a child once again, this conversation is over.

The conversation is Clear. You have decided to exercise your liberty of what you want for yourself....AND also want to decide for others they must want and do as you do...and you advocate force, for others to be and do as you do.

I don’t expect you to even understand the muddy waters you stand in.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You not only yield at being told what to do, as a child, you trail along as a participant and an advocate, that men should be defrauded of their God given liberty to make choices for themselves as they choose to do.

Where have you been little one? US Lawful laws are SUPPOSED to be designed to PROTECT Liberties NOT defraud men of their God given Liberties!

Well isn’t that BIG of YOU...Children were not given LIBERTY to give up.
It is MEN whom God gives Liberty, and Men who Promised to be seated to Protect men’s Liberty, and men who desire to be a servant to a man, is exercising his own Liberty....which is corrupt when what an individual man decides for himself, he also decides for others.

The conversation is Clear. You have decided to exercise your liberty of what you want for yourself....AND also want to decide for others they must want and do as you do...and you advocate force, for others to be and do as you do.

I don’t expect you to even understand the muddy waters you stand in.

Yeah, conversation is over. If you cannot address me as an adult, as I am addressing you and if you cannot show me the respect that I am showing you and you see not interested in conversation, only putting down and belittling.

When you can show me respect as I am showing you, then we can has this conversation again.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, conversation is over. If you cannot address me as an adult, as I am addressing you and if you cannot show me the respect that I am showing you and you see not interested in conversation, only putting down and belittling.

When you can show me respect as I am showing you, then we can has this conversation again.

I respect the respectable.
I do not find it respectable for one to implement a demand, a force, or support thereof, that THEIR ideas, choices, MUST be followed.

You apparently DO NOT SEE the controversy.
One is saying...hey I exercised my liberty to CHOOSE “THIS”...and BTW, I have NO RESPECT FOR YOU to exercise YOUR LIBERTY AS YOU CHOOSE...
YOU MUST be Prohibited from exercising YOUR LIBERTY and FOLLOW ME, do as I do!
THAT ^ IS what you advocate and promote.

And NO, I do not respect that advocacy or promotion.
And BTW, neither did Jesus.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know whats going to happen... There will still be tobacco but it will come through drug dealers now...
Like the prohibition on alcohol in America in the 1920s when Al Capone was trafficking it...

Al Capone given such exclusive credit! .... Government reps were in on the deals of smuggling, hiding their acts, bribing, selling and consuming.....
And that has NOT changed.

But part of me actually thinks its a good idea as well, one that actually has the health of people in mind, unlike these injections
They make heaps of money off tobacco tax and they could just shut up and keep collecting...
It will take a few generations to achieve. Only time will tell if its successful

The health of individuals is the individuals liberty to choose for himself.
But do not be fooled...Govt reps rake in millions to their private pockets, on tobacco, alcohol, prescription and street drugs, wars, and invented crisis’.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep working on it. Who knows, you may solve it all...lol. I haven't found a moral govt made up of men yet, but keep working on it.
YOU Wont . FLEE THE LIBERAL AGENDA OF SATAN , FLEE the CONSERVATIVE AGENDA of Satan .
Both sides are under the influence of darkness .
Now this list is about to get a bit longer .
FLEE the CC
Flee even most all of the protestant realm . THEY doing the same ones work and it aint GOD .
My advice to all that has breath is , OPEN BIBLES and LEARN THAT JESUS . And if we pick and choose what sayings
OF HIS to follow and omit others , WELL then we serve the same one too , AND IT AINT GOD , but it is he who desires to be as GOD .
Satan . I KEEP it very simple .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Al Capone given such exclusive credit! .... Government reps were in on the deals of smuggling, hiding their acts, bribing, selling and consuming.....
And that has NOT changed.

The health of individuals is the individuals liberty to choose for himself.
But do not be fooled...Govt reps rake in millions to their private pockets, on tobacco, alcohol, prescription and street drugs, wars, and invented crisis’.
I shun the liberal agenda to hell . But pay close attention and take close heed to what i say next .
IF i were president and promised you all that i would end abortion and make it illegal
would you support such a law then . I have no problems following nor supporting any law or any leader
that would make ILLEGAL the things contrary to GOD . DOES that make me evil . DID it make KING david evil
to ENFORCE things . NOPE . What makes one evil is when they enforce or enact EVIL DEVILISH laws that are contrary TO GOD .
IF i were president i would make it illegal for gay marriage , for abortion , for anything contrary to GOD .
Of course this does not mean i would put to death anyone who did such a thing . MY POINT IS
it aint evil if a law gets enforced , IF that law supports GOD . Now i would never be president . I have zero desire for that .
My duty and the whole duty of the lambs is , PREACH JESUS and CORRECT and BUILD UP the CHURCH .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see my posts are getting banned, because I’m not all inclusive.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow this came as a surprise, New Zealand is banning smoking, teens 14 or under will never be allowed to buy cigarettes ever in their lifetime even as adults, new age groups will be added to the ban, the smoking age will be raised until New Zealand is completely smoker free.

Nation’s move to ban smoking completely
That’s to bad. I wonder if they will also ban ice cream, cookies, chips, soda etc since they are bad for our health also.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh goodness….No free will in the US? Why do you wish the US would ban smoking?

Curious Mary

If you read through the thread you will see I have pretty much answered your question.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like a ban on dogs that don't obey my non-barking policy after midnight. Also a ban of feeding Mogwai after midnight:
CuMnClxVYAAjS24.jpg

Reactions: GaryAnderson

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like a ban on dogs that don't obey my non-barking policy after midnight. Also a ban of feeding Mogwai after midnight:
CuMnClxVYAAjS24.jpg

Speaking of banning and canceling, I just read the story about the music video of the US the Chinese embassy in France put out. I see the machinations and where they lead. They want the US to be cancelled and it’s what they’ve been working towards. Why do things that shouldn’t surprise me always surprise me..

Reactions: dev553344

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

So then should we just sit back and allow governments to be immoral?

And you never answered my question about my sofas. I asked you 2 or 3 times. Can u answer it please