No Condemnation for Sinning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well only on the internet, never outside of it, have I come across anyone who claims to perfectly obey the letter of God's laws. Would you say it is sin not to obey Christ's commands in the gospels?
When the law of Christ is disobeyed, it is transgression against Christ. When a commandment of Christ is not obeyed, it is sin against Christ.

If we are doing so, then we are transgressing and sinning for the devil against Christ. Can we then confess and be forgiven and restored to Christ? Yes, if we call it what it is, and not try to excuse it for ourselves, because we think we are specially exempt from the righteous judgment of the Lord.

There is no condemnation for any person not fornicating, or has confessed it to be forgiven for it, but while any person on earth is committing fornication, that person is a fornicator every bit as much as Esau and condemned by God.

Many Christians lose sight of reality, when they do not acknowledge that God is the God of now, not of what we did yesterday, nor of what may be tomorrow. If we are now sinning with the flesh, we are now of the devil, and we are now in need of godly confession to be forgiven now. The mercy of God is to not let us die while sinning and be condemned forever as others that repent not.

Of course the good and easy and better way of Jesus Christ, is simply to keep walking in the Spirit and not commit sinful works of the flesh.

Right?

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When the law of Christ is disobeyed, it is transgression against Christ. When a commandment of Christ is not obeyed, it is sin against Christ.

If we are doing so, then we are transgressing and sinning for the devil against Christ. Can we then confess and be forgiven and restored to Christ? Yes, if we call it what it is, and not try to excuse it for ourselves, because we think we are specially exempt from the righteous judgment of the Lord.

There is no condemnation for any person not fornicating, or has confessed it to be forgiven for it, but while any person on earth is committing fornication, that person is a fornicator every bit as much as Esau and condemned by God.

Many Christians lose sight of reality, when they do not acknowledge that God is the God of now, not of what we did yesterday, nor of what may be tomorrow. If we are now sinning with the flesh, we are now of the devil, and we are now in need of godly confession to be forgiven now. The mercy of God is to not let us die while sinning and be condemned forever as others that repent not.

Of course the good and easy and better way of Jesus Christ, is simply to keep walking in the Spirit and not commit sinful works of the flesh.

Right?
Do you obey the following:

If someone asked to lend from you would give to them without ever expecting anything in return?

If someone stole from you would you gladly give them more than what they stole with nothing but love in your heart for them?

Do you truly in your heart love your enemies, those who may insult you, malign or persecute you?

Do you leap for joy if you are persecuted?

Do you never look at a woman with lust in your eye?

Do you never get angry with your brother?

If you have ever fasted, have you made sure you never even hinted to anyone you were fasting?

Do you not invite friends or family home for a meal, but rather the poor, blind, lame and beggars?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you obey the following:

If someone asked to lend from you would give to them without ever expecting anything in return?

If someone stole from you would you gladly give them more than what they stole with nothing but love in your heart for them?

Do you truly in your heart love your enemies, those who may insult you, malign or persecute you?

Do you leap for joy if you are persecuted?

Do you never look at a woman with lust in your eye?

Do you never get angry with your brother?

If you have ever fasted, have you made sure you never even hinted to anyone you were fasting?

Do you not invite friends or family home for a meal, but rather the poor, blind, lame and beggars?
1. Yes.
2. false reading.
3. Yes, just not those trying to rape my wife. I am not a pacifist fool.
4. Absolutely, and have done so when threatened with fire and death.
5. Not any more today. I don't plan in it tomorrow.
6. Yes, but I sin not while doing so. Just as Jesus did, when He rebuked Peter can called him of the devil. We are to rebuke sharply for their good, and get it over with and restore him to the faith. I would expect no less from a real brother in Christ.
7. Of course, unless they pressed me and asked me why I'm not eating.

I don't mind challenging questions with wisdom and circumspection, but it is just a delay tactic on your part. Now, if you don't want to be a Pharisee that says he cannot tell, what do you say of the teaching on the righteous Judge and God of now:

Is anyone on earth not a child of the devil, and is an uncondemned born son of God, while committing an unrighteous work of the flesh, such as fornication, theft, drunkenness, vile cursings, etc...?

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1. Yes.
2. false reading.
3. Yes, just not those trying to rape my wife. I am not a pacifist fool.
4. Absolutely, and have done so when threatened with fire and death.
5. Not any more today. I don't plan in it tomorrow.
6. Yes, but I sin not while doing so. Just as Jesus did, when He rebuked Peter can called him of the devil. We are to rebuke sharply for their good, and get it over with and restore him to the faith. I would expect no less from a real brother in Christ.
7. Of course, unless they pressed me and asked me why I'm not eating.

I don't mind challenging questions with wisdom and circumspection, but it is just a delay tactic on your part. Now, if you don't want to be a Pharisee that says he cannot tell, what do you say of the teaching on the righteous Judge and God of now:

Is anyone on earth not a child of the devil, and is an uncondemned born son of God, while committing an unrighteous work of the flesh, such as fornication, theft, drunkenness, vile cursings, etc...?
If you claim to perfectly obey all of those commands I would not believe you. In five decades I have never met any christian who has even tried to obey each and every literal command of Christ, and I am sure you are no different.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we ought confine ourselves to one single translation for our final authority from Christ

Does anybody really know for sure which among the many available
translations can be trusted to be the final authority from Christ?

Here's a suggestion. Let Dr. Anthony Fauci pick one and then have all other
translations officially branded as misinformation; and then criminalize those
of us who prefer a second opinion as extremists and domestic terrorists, put
us on Homeland Security's watch list, give the IRS power to monitor our
credit card transactions, and grant the FBI loose-fitting warrants to raid our
homes and seize our cell phones. How's that for a solution?
_

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you claim to perfectly obey all of those commands I would not believe you. In five decades I have never met any christian who has even tried to obey each and every literal command of Christ, and I am sure you are no different.
Ah yes, another one looking for majority support in not being a doer of the word, by looking for others like themselves to prove the rule. And anyone not falling in line must of course be a boasting hypocrite.

Perhaps the reason I am able in Christ to go on to righteousness rather than remaining a double hearted Christian like I was and you still are, is because I never cared so much what other people are doing, which of course includes you. And if you were despairing about it, rather than justifying it and making petty potshots at the saints, I'd have empathy for you as Paul in Romans 7.

For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart. That they may shoot in secret at the perfect: suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not. But God shall shoot at them with an arrow; suddenly shall they be wounded.

You can sin all you like, it really doesn't matter to me, and if you can manage not to be found sinning at His return, then all is well. But in the meantime, it's not good to shoot at those desiring to do better than you. It's not my fault I refuse to accept myself as a sinning lukewarm Christian.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ah yes, another one looking for majority support in not being a doer of the word, by looking for others like themselves to prove the rule. And anyone not falling in line must of course be a boasting hypocrite.

Perhaps the reason I am able in Christ to go on to righteousness rather than remaining a double hearted Christian like I was and you still are, is because I never cared so much what other people are doing, which of course includes you. And if you were despairing about it, rather than justifying it and making petty potshots at the saints, I'd have empathy for you as Paul in Romans 7.

For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart. That they may shoot in secret at the perfect: suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not. But God shall shoot at them with an arrow; suddenly shall they be wounded.

You can sin all you like, it really doesn't matter to me, and if you can manage not to be found sinning at His return, then all is well. But in the meantime, it's not good to shoot at those desiring to do better than you. It's not my fault I refuse to accept myself as a sinning lukewarm Christian.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
If we claim to be without sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us 1John1:8

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we claim to be without sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us 1John1:8
As I said, if your goal is to try and not be found sinning at His appearing, then best of luck to you. I prefer not to be doing works of the flesh simply to be in full joy and fellowship with Jesus now anyway, and then tomorrow just takes care of itself. I don't have to worry anymore about crashing out drunk on the very night of His return.

Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Basically as a Christian sinner, as you still are, the Lord returning or me dying was the furthest thing from my mind when going back to my favorite sin.

You know I'm just teaching the truth, and your excuses are standardly weak, and I suppose I wouldn't be so blunt with you, if you weren't such a peevish little fault finder.

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As I said, if your goal is to try and not be found sinning at His appearing, then best of luck to you. I prefer not to be doing works of the flesh simply to be in full joy and fellowship with Jesus now anyway, and then tomorrow just takes care of itself. I don't have to worry anymore about crashing out drunk on the very night of His return.

Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Basically as a Christian sinner, as you still are, the Lord returning or me dying was the furthest thing from my mind when going back to my favorite sin.

You know I'm just teaching the truth, and your excuses are standardly weak, and I suppose I wouldn't be so blunt with you, if you weren't such a peevish little fault finder.
Jesus reserved his harshest words, for the religious who did not practice what they preached/demanded of others. You have stated if you do not obey Christ's commands you sin against Christ. I know for a fact you do not obey all of Christ's commands. The difference here is, I prefer to be honest, not make out I am someone I am not.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus reserved his harshest words, for the religious who did not practice what they preached/demanded of others. You have stated if you do not obey Christ's commands you sin against Christ. I know for a fact you do not obey all of Christ's commands. The difference here is, I prefer to be honest, not make out I am someone I am not.
Ah yes, the good ol' I'm more honest and humble than you standby. So far, you're batting a thousand in standard OSAS self justification procedures.

Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

Scripture says humbling ourselves before the Lord is to repent of sinning, not brag about it. But then, that's just for doers of the word to understand.

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

As I said, if you can manage to be on good behavior at the end, and are resurrected with the just, then all is well.

The main problem with that though, is it's not just how we are living, but what manner of spirit we are of.

You see, what you refuse to understand is that works of the flesh don't begin with the flesh, but with the heart of lust and corrupt spirit of a man. Such souls with attitude that sinning is inevitable and impossible not to do, will not be given resurrected spiritual bodies to walk around in heaven and earth like another Lucifer with men's faces.

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

If your attitude now is that being with Jesus isn't enough to repent of sinning on earth, what makes your attitude will be any different at death and His appearing? Now is the time of salvation and changing of the heart and spirit from corrupt to clean, not later. In the resurrection, it's just the mortal body that is made immortal. Our hearts and spirit of mind will be exactly as they are at His appearing. If our spirit is still corrupted with desire and self-justification to sin, then now is the time to have that changed to one of a pure heart seeking righteousness and true holiness today.

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

As a continued Christian sinner who seeks no full deliverance, but only a part good and part evil lifestyle, and also insists all Christians must be sinners like you, then you are simply in need of a truly divine change of mind. You are no doubt spiritual in nature, since you no doubt believe there is one God, but it's the spirit you are of that is the problem. Try asking Jesus to change your attitude first, then see about how you live in the flesh.

Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ah yes, the good ol' I'm more honest and humble than you standby. So far, you're batting a thousand in standard OSAS self justification procedures.

Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

Scripture says humbling ourselves before the Lord is to repent of sinning, not brag about it. But then, that's just for doers of the word to understand.

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

As I said, if you can manage to be on good behavior at the end, and are resurrected with the just, then all is well.

The main problem with that though, is it's not just how we are living, but what manner of spirit we are of.

You see, what you refuse to understand is that works of the flesh don't begin with the flesh, but with the heart of lust and corrupt spirit of a man. Such souls with attitude that sinning is inevitable and impossible not to do, will not be given resurrected spiritual bodies to walk around in heaven and earth like another Lucifer with men's faces.

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

If your attitude now is that being with Jesus isn't enough to repent of sinning on earth, what makes your attitude will be any different at death and His appearing? Now is the time of salvation and changing of the heart and spirit from corrupt to clean, not later. In the resurrection, it's just the mortal body that is made immortal. Our hearts and spirit of mind will be exactly as they are at His appearing. If our spirit is still corrupted with desire and self-justification to sin, then now is the time to have that changed to one of a pure heart seeking righteousness and true holiness today.

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

As a continued Christian sinner who seeks no full deliverance, but only a part good and part evil lifestyle, and also insists all Christians must be sinners like you, then you are simply in need of a truly divine change of mind. You are no doubt spiritual in nature, since you no doubt believe there is one God, but it's the spirit you are of that is the problem. Try asking Jesus to change your attitude first, then see about how you live in the flesh.

Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
I will leave you to your self exhortation, have a nice day

Last edited: