No Degree Required

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
FHII said:
When it says the Holy Spirit will teach you all things, that's true.... But he does it through preachers.
Can you show me any scriptures where it says that the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth through preachers?
FHII said:
They don't want to give any money to the Pastor.
Can you show us any verses in scripture where it says we are to give money to the pastor?
FHII said:
These folks had the Holy Spirit in them and they gave away everything. Unheard of in these parts....
Where are "these" parts?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
marksman said:
Can you show me any scriptures where it says that the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth through preachers?

Can you show us any verses in scripture where it says we are to give money to the pastor?

Where are "these" parts?
Yes, Yes and this board..... Any more questions?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
??
WHat has that got to do with giving money to Pastors, We are under no religious law that requires us to do such a thing, we are asked to feed the poor, heal the sick, be a friend to the lost, love the unloved,and help when we can. not provide men with large monuments and expensive houses.

In all His Love

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
??
WHat has that got to do with giving money to Pastors, We are under no religious law that requires us to do such a thing, we are asked to feed the poor, heal the sick, be a friend to the lost, love the unloved,and help when we can. not provide men with large monuments and expensive houses.

In all His Love
If we are taught in the word, we are told to support them.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh you meant taught mans interpretaion of the " bible", if you where taught by the "word", Jesus, you would know differently. And support who. men who call themselves pastor or those called by God. Eyes to see Ears to hear...

In all His Love

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Oh you meant taught mans interpretaion of the " bible", if you where taught by the "word", Jesus, you would know differently. And support who. men who call themselves pastor or those called by God. Eyes to see Ears to hear...

In all His Love
Are you now throwing off on the Bible? I use the KJV of the Bible, but I'm not going into that debate. You can use the ASV or any other version and they all talk about giving to the man of God. So now the preachers are wrong and now the Bible is too?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
FHII said:
Where?
FHII said:
Where are the verses then and as you do not know everyone on this board, your claim is totally without foundation.
FHII said:
Yea... Um.... I was speaking about what happened at the end of Acts 4.... They gave all they had and sold their possessions to do it. Compare that to the thinking many have on this board.... They don't want to give any money to the Pastor. These folks had the Holy Spirit in them and they gave away everything. Unheard of in these parts....
The end of Acts 4 says NOTHING about giving to a pastor.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look Markedman, I'm not going to give you scripture because I know how you treat it. Need you be reminded of your past? If you want to repent and promise to consider and discuss the scripture, I might change my mind. Doubt it, but I might. That is, if you are sincere.... For now, look on your own.... I can think of verses in Matthew, Luke, Acts, Romans, 1 Corinthians,Galatians, 1 Thesselonians, 1 Timothy and Hebrews.... Many more in the OT, which I know you won't accept because "we're not under the law" (Little hint for you.... Not everything in the OT was "the Law" and it's STILL the Word of God).

As for Acts 4.... They sold all they had and laid it at the Apostles feet. What are you going to do? Say, "Well, they weren't Pastors!"? Splitting hairs, aren't you? Or maybe, "Well, they made distribution to every man as needed!" So what? Nothing says they expected it. The Apostles decided to do that.... No board, no elders.... The Apostles did.

By the way.... Figure out who Korah is yet?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
FHII said:
Look Markedman, I'm not going to give you scripture because I know how you treat it.

I am not a marked man and you don't know how I treat the scriptures as you haven't given me any to treat.

Need you be reminded of your past?

If God said he forgives and forgets our past, I am certainly not going to mull over it.

If you want to repent and promise to consider and discuss the scripture, I might change my mind.

I have nothing to repent of.

I can think of verses in Matthew, Luke, Acts, Romans, 1 Corinthians,Galatians, 1 Thesselonians, 1 Timothy and Hebrews....

But you are not going to tell us what they are..probably because they don't exist.

As for Acts 4.... They sold all they had and laid it at the Apostles feet. What are you going to do? Say, "Well, they weren't Pastors!"? Splitting hairs, aren't you?

No, I am just sticking with the truth which you seem to have an objection to.

Or maybe, "Well, they made distribution to every man as needed!" So what? Nothing says they expected it.

I never said they did.

The Apostles decided to do that.... No board, no elders.... The Apostles did.

And.........

By the way.... Figure out who Korah is yet?

No, I asked you, but it seems you are not gracious enough to answer questions. You would rather poke fun at people and ridicule them.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=medium]Ok Markedman, here we go.... Do you remember saying this in your "Question no one wants to ask" thread?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:00 AM (#34)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Marksman, on 14 Oct 2013 - 05:04 AM, said: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Funny you should say that. Fred Phelps of the Westboro [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Baptist Church quotes a lot of scriptures to support his hateful campaigns and the homosexuals [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]campaign[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] to normalise homosexuality has been littered with scripture. Are they [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]authoritative[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] because they do that? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:30 PM (#30)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Marksman, on 13 Oct 2013 - 08:21 AM, said: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]I believe that all the cults and weirdos, give scripture but that doesn't make them and you right. If fact, saying you are right because you quote scripture is quite arrogant.[/SIZE]

You made those comments after asking for scripture for a pretty mild statement I made. I backed up everything I said word for word with scripture. Given your responses to that, why would I give you any scripture if you are not going to discuss it or acknowledge it?

I'll make another point.... I've read three recent and pretty lengthy threads on this board in which you participated in and while you claim others are wrong, I've only seen you refer to the scriptures in one post! ONE TIME!

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
FHII said:
[SIZE=medium]Ok Markedman, here we go.... Do you remember saying this in your "Question no one wants to ask" thread?[/SIZE]
OK FHII, here we go. Do you remember I said I was not a MARKEDMAN and asked you to desist. If you persist I will make a report to the moderator that you have adopted an arrogant attitude to another poster.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
marksman said:
OK FHII, here we go. Do you remember I said I was not a MARKEDMAN and asked you to desist. If you persist I will make a report to the moderator that you have adopted an arrogant attitude to another poster.
The Bible says that if we are to mark them that cause division and offenses contrary to the Bible. So when you ask for scripture then turn around and ignore it, you are to be marked. On the other hand, it also says to mark them who walk uprightly.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
FHII said:
The Bible says that if we are to mark them that cause division and offenses contrary to the Bible. So when you ask for scripture then turn around and ignore it, you are to be marked. On the other hand, it also says to mark them who walk uprightly.
Where?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New Testament, and if you are going to cause trouble, fine.... Don't stir it up. Those verses that say to mark a man who causes trouble also say to avoid him. I'm doing my best to do that. Don't be the trouble looking for me.

It's not my fault you can't find these things and no, I'm not going to give you the location. I've seen what you've done when people do that....

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
cause division
Mans Religion, mans denominations and mans doctrines have already done that, all that is not built by God will fall as will mans religion. Jesus said, the teh wheat and the tares will be seperated, thats His doing, those who are His and those who belong to teh word. Mans religion is of this world, it continaully changes trying to find its place, when it looses people it tries advertisng, song, shows, bands all of this world, but because they use Jesus as a selling point they thinks its ok, Just like a Neil Diamond song, " I knew Jesus before He was a superstar", Jesus in name only everything else is from man and will fail.

In al His Love

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
FHII said:
The New Testament, and if you are going to cause trouble, fine.... Don't stir it up. Those verses that say to mark a man who causes trouble also say to avoid him. I'm doing my best to do that. Don't be the trouble looking for me.

It's not my fault you can't find these things and no, I'm not going to give you the location. I've seen what you've done when people do that....
Thankyou for confirming that you say whatever comes into your head at any given time.

mjrhealth said:
Mans Religion, mans denominations and mans doctrines have already done that, all that is not built by God will fall as will mans religion. Jesus said, the teh wheat and the tares will be seperated, thats His doing, those who are His and those who belong to teh word. Mans religion is of this world, it continaully changes trying to find its place, when it looses people it tries advertisng, song, shows, bands all of this world, but because they use Jesus as a selling point they thinks its ok, Just like a Neil Diamond song, " I knew Jesus before He was a superstar", Jesus in name only everything else is from man and will fail.

In al His Love
To add to that excellent comment, I have often said that christianity today is a religion of cliches. We say whatever is the in phrase and believe that we are hip or believable as a religion, when in fact we do not practice what we are saying or live it out.

A good example is "Jesus Christ is Lord." if that is the case, why don't we act as though he is? If he was, our lives should reflect that but the truth is, Jesus Christ is someone that we talk about on Sunday.