No delight in the sacrifice

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats. - Isaiah 1:11

Interesting that God begins Isaiah by saying he had no delight in the sacrifice. What he desired was....

Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: - Isaiah 1:17-19

Reactions: bbyrd009

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello rocky,

Compare with Malachi 1:10-11

Oh, that one among you would shut the temple gates to keep you from kindling fire on my altar in vain! I have no pleasure in you, says the LORD of hosts; neither will I accept any sacrifice from your hands,

For from the rising of the sun, even to its setting, my name is great among the nations; And everywhere they bring sacrifice to my name, and a pure offering; For great is my name among the nations, says the LORD of hosts.

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello rocky,

Compare with Malachi 1:10-11

Oh, that one among you would shut the temple gates to keep you from kindling fire on my altar in vain! I have no pleasure in you, says the LORD of hosts; neither will I accept any sacrifice from your hands,

For from the rising of the sun, even to its setting, my name is great among the nations; And everywhere they bring sacrifice to my name, and a pure offering; For great is my name among the nations, says the LORD of hosts.

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!
I was thinking of this very place reading the OP.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was thinking of this very place reading the OP.

From its very beginning , the Church has identified the Eucharist as that pure sacrifice in vs 11.

Heres the Didache:
XIV
1. On the Lord's Day of the Lord come together, break bread and hold Eucharist, after confessing your transgressions that your offering may be pure;
2. But let none who has a quarrel with his fellow join in your meeting until they be reconciled, that your sacrifice be not defiled.
3. For this is that which was spoken by the Lord, "In every place and time offer me a pure sacrifice, for I am a great king," saith the Lord, "and my name is wonderful among the heathen."

Taken from ~The Didache~

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From its very beginning , the Church has identified the Eucharist as that pure sacrifice in vs 11.

Heres the Didache:
XIV
1. On the Lord's Day of the Lord come together, break bread and hold Eucharist, after confessing your transgressions that your offering may be pure;
2. But let none who has a quarrel with his fellow join in your meeting until they be reconciled, that your sacrifice be not defiled.
3. For this is that which was spoken by the Lord, "In every place and time offer me a pure sacrifice, for I am a great king," saith the Lord, "and my name is wonderful among the heathen."

Taken from ~The Didache~

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!
And peace be with you!

Absolutely, the remembrance of Jesus' death in the Lord's supper! The One truly pure sacrifice, offered once for all people and all time. Any sacrifice we could even think to bring is nothing - literally - next to His . . . a body you have prepared for Me . . .

That's the sacrifice we can bring, our selves, the living sacrifice, remembering His sacrifice in death, giving back to God what He gave back to us, our lives.

Much love!

Reactions: Philip James

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me?
We need to be careful that we do not misapply Scripture or take it out of context.

"No delight in sacrifice" would NOT apply to Christians who are told:
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. (Rom 12:1).

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"the Church?" oh, the incorporated one, yeh. Christianity, Inc

Yes, the one founded by our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, one Body, united in Him and through Him, and by Him!

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yes, the one founded by our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, one Body, united in Him and through Him, and by Him!

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!
this is what passes for conversation now i guess, huh?
ok and i'm invited? Awesome, hope you understand why i will be running the other direction though k, i mean i can already hear the first chorus of When We All Get to Heaven from here bro. Pass.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
yes, its been pleasant being your cannon fodder once again PJ, have a nice day ok

Brother,
If you think I post the things I do to blow you up us as' cannon fodder' you mistake me... I wish nothing more than you be One in Him and He in us and we walking forward together...

Do not be afraid!

He goes before us always!

Peace!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Brother,
If you think I post the things I do to blow you up us as' cannon fodder' you mistake me...
Peace!
horse puckeys, i do not mistake you even a little bit, and i could quote twenty concepts that were introduced and then not addressed by you, in your grabbing some irrelevant snip to tear off in some irrelevant new direction. I dont have to think, see, i have the "conversation" recorded, and in a few days i could even change the names and play it back at you and have you agreeing with me ok.

Heck you can see most of them by tracking back over our last "interaction," at least as long as you know where the hidden? (wth is that anyway, xenforo clowns?) trackback button is. Dont make me come up in here and post ten things you ignored so you can ignore them again, ok? Post one concept you introduced to me and my ignoring of it, if you like, maybe if we look at it from that angle. Dave is still not here too, ok, go talk at Dave with that bro

and screw your peace buddy, you piss on me and then tell me peace lol, pls