NO MORE WORKS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
boy, my guess would be "no," and a diff...symbol, meaning, should be applied to the "unapproachable light," but i'd have to read more. As of now I associate that with the pov of heaven in "No one has ever gone up to heaven…" but that might be incomplete too

If He doesn’t desire us to be able to approach the ‘unapproachable light’, then what are the countless verses speaking of? The Fire IS that unapproachable light where He dwells. The unapproachable light that consumes. Isaiah 27:4-5 Fury is not in me: who would set the briers and thorns against me in battle? I would go through them, I would burn them together. [5] Or let him take hold of my strength, that he may make peace with me; and he shall make peace with me.

Hebrews 12:29
[29] For our God is a consuming fire.

How can we approach that Fire which is God. Do you suggest it is impossible?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
John 14:3-4
[3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. [4] And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
you might question this "if I go" language, especially in the context of "I will never leave you..."
but since we're on the subject i'll mention that one can believe whatever they like, about the future, etc, beliefs do not = truths, you will not be judged for your beliefs if the Good Samaritan nor the Roman Centurion were not, I guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
well, imo "unapproachable" does that for me, although I have to admit I haven't Lexed that yet, could be diff in the orig I guess. But imo we are talking about perspectives here, certainly our spirit "goes back to God, Who gave it," but that is not our soul imo, Adam became a living soul, he did not acquire a soul that I am aware of.

imo let's admit on some level that we are discussing the possibility of our immortality, yes? Or the definition of "eternal" might be another line of questioning here?

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, imo "unapproachable" does that for me, although I have to admit I haven't Lexed that yet, could be diff in the orig I guess. But imo we are talking about perspectives here, certainly our spirit "goes back to God, Who gave it," but that is not our soul imo, Adam became a living soul, he did not acquire a soul that I am aware of.

imo let's admit on some level that we are discussing the possibility of our immortality, yes? Or the definition of "eternal" might be another line of questioning here?

If He doesn’t desire us to be able to approach the ‘unapproachable light’, then what are the countless verses speaking of? The Fire IS that unapproachable light where He dwells. The unapproachable light that consumes. Isaiah 27:4-5 Fury is not in me: who would set the briers and thorns against me in battle? I would go through them, I would burn them together. [5] Or let him take hold of my strength, that he may make peace with me; and he shall make peace with me.

Hebrews 12:29
[29] For our God is a consuming fire.

Hi VIJ,
My take is very simple, as usual, lol. I have come to see the "unapproachable light" as simply meaning that "flesh and blood" cannot approach Him...only our spirits. Our spirits can connect boldly to His throne through Jesus but...while still in this fleshly body, or physical suit of skin it is impossible for our sinful flesh to stand before the "consuming fire" as the sin would be burned to ashes...IF we were now ONLY in spirit as He is...I see a different and better way of approaching Him as we do not have the flesh any longer to wrestle with. JMHO ♥

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you might question this "if I go" language, especially in the context of "I will never leave you..."
but since we're on the subject i'll mention that one can believe whatever they like, about the future, etc, beliefs do not = truths, you will not be judged for your beliefs if the Good Samaritan nor the Roman Centurion were not, I guess

John 16:27-28
[27] For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. [28] I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

I get (I think) what you are saying. But still it is His work in showing us the way.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi VIJ,
My take is very simple, as usual, lol. I have come to see the "unapproachable light" as simply meaning that "flesh and blood" cannot approach Him...only our spirits. Our spirits can connect boldly to His throne through Jesus but...while still in this fleshly body, or physical suit of skin it is impossible for our sinful flesh to stand before the "consuming fire" as the sin would be burned to ashes...IF we were now ONLY in spirit as He is...I see a different and better way of approaching Him as we do not have the flesh any longer to wrestle with. JMHO ♥

1 John 4:17
[17] Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

“...because as he is, so are we in this world.” Admittedly I have no idea how. Spirit? Love?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hi VIJ,
if you have seen Me, you have seen the Father I guess

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
work while it is day nonetheless strikes me as an imperative, can't make a horse drink water, etc
all will be judged for their works done while in the body

Do you believe one must be born from above, otherwise the work is in vain?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Do you believe one must be born from above, otherwise the work is in vain?
easy to say yes there, but this "born from above" ends up being pretty subjective I guess. Do you mean Do I Believe that one must undergo the Christian ritual for that? If we took the ritual seriously and actually "died" at baptism would we even be having this convo? So i'll say "yes," and then let's examine the ritual, if you like.

It works great if you work it surely, but who does that? I didn't, at least at the time, and now, knowing what I know, I am prevented from even saying, lest I be found out to be a hypocrite too, see. So i'll say "no." Which I know is frustrating, sorry. But it depends, see.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
easy to say yes there, but this "born from above" ends up being pretty subjective I guess. Do you mean Do I Believe that one must undergo the Christian ritual for that?

Not the ritual. John 3:3-6
[3] Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. [4] Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? [5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. [6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Not the ritual. John 3:3-6
[3] Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. [4] Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? [5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. [6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
ok, well imo we have just traded one subjective phrase for another, I mean what is the standard or even your personal test for this "born of the Spirit" part?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, well imo we have just traded one subjective phrase for another, I mean what is the standard or even your personal test for this "born of the Spirit" part?

To be honest, sometimes I hesitate in even mentioning the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ to you because you bring up the idolotry of worshiping the serpent on a pole. So I wonder if you reject it entirely. It is none of my business for sure. It just sometimes makes conversation difficult and slippery. I don’t want to be a hypocrite either. Some days I’m certain I’ve been born again of Spirit...other days not so much which I guess could mean I’m double-minded. Don’t want to be that either. I pray for Him to help me and I believe He can. Sometimes I feel like walking away from it all, but then can relate to the disciples who said “where would we go?” Nothing in the world satisfies or holds any appeal anymore...except the people. My life is nothing like it was before Him. I don’t even recognize the girl I once was...it is like she literally died, but then, at the same time I’m stuck in ...”...so what now. Are you there? Where do I go from here?”

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you have seen Me, you have seen the Father I guess

I believe we were just discussing as to why we cannot see/approach/face to face- in the flesh, The Creator, and not die on the spot?? At least that's what I thought :)
I say it's just because flesh and blood cannot enter His Kingdom. Can it be that sin and flesh are forever intertwined? Hence - new/glorious "bodies"?

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe we were just discussing as to why we cannot see/approach/face to face- in the flesh, The Creator, and not die on the spot?? At least that's what I thought :)
I say it's just because flesh and blood cannot enter His Kingdom. Can it be that sin and flesh are forever intertwined? Hence - new/glorious "bodies"?

Jude 1:23
[23] And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Galatians 5:19-21
[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these ; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, [20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, [21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

The only way I know of to pull one from the fire Galatians 5:24-26
[24] And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. [25] If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. [26] Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 5:
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Eph.2:
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP only,
James 2:18 "Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

James 2:22 "Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

James 2:23 "And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
James 2:24 "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

here's the answer and you posted it,

is God calling? .... even today? ... did not called Abraham, and he believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness.

your works, or may we say, (he who is in you who dose the works), makes your Faith, perfect/complete, because you're saved. one who is called, is not working to be save, but working because he or she are saved. only a live tree bear fruit.

PICJAG
John 6:28-29 KJV
[28] Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? [29] Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Tecarta Bible PremiumHere are the works and even they are the works of God.
BELIEVE

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are now Gentiles,,,,, things have changed........ N.T. Romans - Philemon.......

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[28] Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? [29] Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

BELIEVE

True. Do we know them by their fruits?

Psalm 12:1-4
[1] Help, Lord ; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men. [2] They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak. [3] The Lord shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things: [4] Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?

There is the question: no more works for us but should God be seen? Or do we continue the same way in faith?

Reactions: Waiting on him

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BELIEVE
How can one believe unless one hear, and how can hear without a preacher.

one work because thay are saved, not to work to be saved.

PICJAG.